Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinballKen
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-805.jpg
    Velcro-Wall-Carnival-Barmitzvah0606-1.jpg
    shiloh mac-cheese.jpg
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 years ago

When I called the westin 4 hours ago I got 4 seperate reservations for the same type room. 1st night $339.00 Thur and Fri $139.00 Sat $239.00 and Sun $139.00. Maybe I should try to call back?

#152 9 years ago

I called yesterday and got 2 rooms (four days each) secured but as mentioned the group rate was not quite ready at the time. So they booked the 2 rooms and said I would get an email soon and the group rate would be applied to the 2 rooms.

Well I got the email today. The rate was applied to the one room and the other room disappeared from my reservation completely? Called back and they could not get me the group rate for the Wed (that I was already promised).

Was told to call the front desk and talk with group sales directly but were closed at 5pm and I called at maybe 5:02 Left a message and will see what happens tomorrow???

#153 9 years ago

I went online for the Westin and was able to get the group rate for Thursday and Friday night without issue. It's going to be hella-nice to be in a hotel that's connected to the convention center.

The excitement builds even further.

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from Street:

When I called the westin 4 hours ago I got 4 seperate reservations for the same type room. 1st night $339.00 Thur and Fri $139.00 Sat $239.00 and Sun $139.00. Maybe I should try to call back?

Yeah don't put up with that crap!

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I went online for the Westin and was able to get the group rate for Thursday and Friday night without issue. It's going to be hella-nice to be in a hotel that's connected to the convention center.
    The excitement builds even further.

Yes, it's Wednesday night 7/29 that is the issue. In general the other nights are still available at the group rate.

Thanks!

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shenanigander:

I called yesterday and got 2 rooms (four days each) secured but as mentioned the group rate was not quite ready at the time. So they booked the 2 rooms and said I would get an email soon and the group rate would be applied to the 2 rooms.
    Well I got the email today. The rate was applied to the one room and the other room disappeared from my reservation completely? Called back and they could not get me the group rate for the Wed (that I was already promised).
    Was told to call the front desk and talk with group sales directly but were closed at 5pm and I called at maybe 5:02 Left a message and will see what happens tomorrow???

Best of luck with this and let me know if I can help somehow. You might also consider rebooking when a new block opens (which will happen more than once, including tomorrow).

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Best of luck with this and let me know if I can help somehow. You might also consider rebooking when a new block opens (which will happen more than once, including tomorrow).

Thanks Bowen. Just called and all is now well! 2 rooms, 4 days each for group rate $139 a night. (was originally $266.50)

#158 9 years ago

Just a reminder, I get to sleep in anybody's room that I beat at pinburgh that day! Going gypsy

#159 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Just a reminder, I get to sleep in anybody's room that I beat at pinburgh that day! Going gypsy

Let me know how that sidewalk feels as a bed.

#160 9 years ago

I love that I went to Pitt and will stay at a friend's who lives a 4 minute walk from public transportation. Won't be playing in the tournament but can't wait to attend a pinball event.

#161 9 years ago

Just an FYI, the Renaissance block is only good through Saturday(checking out Sunday A.M.) It would be really great if you could extend that to Sunday(checking out Monday). Some of us are planning to enjoy the games right up until closing time 5PM Sunday. Then staying another night due to a 12.5 hour drive ahead of us!

#162 9 years ago

We'll look into that, LOTR. The Renaissance block is live with 1 queen at $139 and 2 queens at $169 for Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat.

You don't want to drive 12 hours after playing games for four straight days?! Why not??

#163 9 years ago

The block at Renaissance is now updated to include reservations for Sunday night. Happy booking!

#164 9 years ago

Is there a discount code for the Marriot on Penn? Its 259.00 regular cost..This is unbelievable for replay 8 months out....So great though.

#165 9 years ago

We have added blocks at the Omni and Hampton downtown hotels, both of which are within a short walk of the convention center. Check the ReplayFX hotel information page for details, links, and booking codes. (Omni code not yet active, but shortly will be.)

#166 9 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

We have added blocks at the Omni and Hampton downtown hotels, both of which are within a short walk of the convention center. Check the ReplayFX hotel information page for details, links, and booking codes. (Omni code not yet active, but shortly will be.)

Are you actively phone-jockeying on the hotel battle front? Or just playing mouthpiece for someone else who is? heh

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you actively phone-jockeying on the hotel battle front? Or just playing mouthpiece for someone else who is? heh

Mark Steinman is doing the real work here. I'm just tech support, it seems.

1 week later
    #168 9 years ago

Room booked at the Westin. Merry Christmas to me!

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2015-registration-opens-december-7-12p-est/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.