4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinballKen
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-805.jpg
    Velcro-Wall-Carnival-Barmitzvah0606-1.jpg
    shiloh mac-cheese.jpg

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago

Okay, that helps me understand a bit better. I think I got confused...probably still am lol.

#52 4 years ago

In like flint! We've got 4 players from Alabama registered! Looking forward to a great tourney and a great convention!

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

What will be the best way to enjoy Pinburgh and ReplayFX? Seeing as Pinburgh is like a constant, all day event for a couple days will there be time to take in the main fest? I hope to take part in both

Pinburgh competition will be pretty much mid-morning until late at night Thurs and Fri. Long schedule! there are some .5-1 hour breaks and a longer one for dinner to check out the rest of Replay in the same location. (We used to dedicate this time to parking-lot tailgating!) Sat will be playoffs and consolation tourney. So Sat eve and Sunday should be clear for all.

I got a Spy VIP package. For an extra $50 or so, you get 2 t-shirts, some raffle tickets, a mixer Friday and afterparty Saturday. Seemed like the sweet spot for me--other pricier VIP packages include an entry into the arcade tourney, an extra t-shirt, and prime seminar seating (which will likely clash with pinburgh play!)

#54 4 years ago

Looks like spots still left.... Can't wait to see how this compares to years past.

-Jim

#55 4 years ago

I suspect it may be sold out by now. Less than 100 spots left at 12:06. EDIT: @papapinball tweeted less than 50 spots left after 7 minutes (12:07pm).

#56 4 years ago

Same here Steven.

The dinner break is for getting Mac and cheese ad Shiloh grill exclusively. If you don't know what I'm talking about look it up and plan to be eating there every night.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I suspect it may be sold out by now. Less than 100 spots left at 12:06.

Try to buy one now. Still allows me to and says its reserves for 10 minutes.

#58 4 years ago

If you have a restriction it does suck a bit if you don't play well on the first day. It lumps you at the bottom of your respective division on the beginning of the second day. But, as Dino said, it can still be done. Johnny Modica did it last year in A div.

You could also have the opposite happen as it did to me last year. I played so well on the first day that I was playing all the top players on the second day. Had a group with Elwin, Zack Sharp, and Belsito. Then very next group, Elwin, Adam Becker, Tim Hansen. Surprisingly I held up well through those matches. I took my beat down later in a group with Steve Bowden, Roy Wills, and another player. I missed the cut in A division by 2 points! Of course, that was a top 24. So with a top 40 this year I really hope to make it into the playoffs!

#59 4 years ago

Oh my.

shiloh mac-cheese.jpg
    #60 4 years ago

There's a waitlist of 100. And cancellations are refundable so waitlisters may get in!

#61 4 years ago

I'm guessing the early misreporting was due to totals of tickets in carts, not accounting for general show tickets. If not a helluva lot of people didn't follow through with their purchase.

#62 4 years ago

With refunds being 100% for a period of time I think there will be more cancellations then last year when it was nonrefundable. So if you are on the wait list I wouldn't give up hope. I was far down on the wait list and still got in after cancellations last year.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Oh my.

shiloh mac-cheese.jpg 16 KB

Add the tater tots and a fried egg. Trust me.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

#65 4 years ago

I flaked it and forgot until fifteen minutes ago, figured tickets would be out but my order went through, must still be tickets left. Any update on real tickets done yet?

#66 4 years ago

I'm Going for the first time, can't wait!

#67 4 years ago

The Pinburgh tournament competition tickets are 100% refundable for a few months. That's great, allows me to buy with confidence whilst arranging travel

Does anyone know if the same 100% refund policy exists for the event passes? I'd like one of the VIP passes (and presume they are limited in number?)

#68 4 years ago

Less than 90 spots left at this point. I wouldn't wait too much longer if you haven't purchased your entry.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

oh, i am all over that. comfort food extraodinaire.

#70 4 years ago

Im in! How many more sleeps left?

#71 4 years ago

lauren and i are in and it'll be our first time at pinburg. can't wait!!!

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

oh, i am all over that. comfort food extraodinaire.

You going Nelson??

#73 4 years ago

Did find out that you can play in pinburgh and also qualify for the replay world championship for those who are pin and video gamers.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm not even going to try... I can't make concrete plans that far out and I forgot when scheduling my vacation time for this next year here at work...awesome. >=-(
    I do have a question though... the old 2014 rules on the papa site has division restrictions on it. How the heck does that work in a big round robin/swiss/whatever Pinburgh is thing? Like for instance I would be restricted to C+ at the moment. How is that handled on Thurs when seeding is being determined in the first place? If for some god forsaken reason I qualified lower than C would I be automagically bumped up to C for Saturday or what? The people that are restricted to A, what is the deal with them? Are they just playing "spoiler" all day friday for everyone else that's not A restricted? lol.. =|

Players' records carry over from Day 1 into Day 2 except in the lowest division, D. That means that every game counts for everybody else, including the A players.

An A player who performs poorly on Day 1 will dig themselves a huge hole for Day 2, but won't be allowed to play in B or C or D no matter what. In your case, as a C-restricted player, if you played poorly enough to fall into D (roughly a 25-35 record, give or take), you'd be forced into C anyway and carry your Day 1 record.

Initial seeding is based on WPPR rank, with all players forming 4-player groups. As each day goes by, the "width" of each group narrows. For example, in Round 1 you would see #1 play #350, #351, and #700; in Round 5 you would see #1 play #8, #9, and #16.

Hope this helps and let me know what other questions you have. Pinburgh 2015 is nearly, but not quite, sold out.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm guessing the early misreporting was due to totals of tickets in carts, not accounting for general show tickets. If not a helluva lot of people didn't follow through with their purchase.

Yes, this is correct. Some of the earliest numbers were total tickets sold, not total Pinburgh tickets sold. Sorry for the confusion!

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

except in the lowest division, D

So I have that going for me, which is nice.

#77 4 years ago

Can't wait!!

#78 4 years ago

Registered and excited!

#79 4 years ago

Word is the wait list has started, 700 players registered. Wow!

#80 4 years ago

Yea verily, the waitlist has begun. SOLD OUT.

#81 4 years ago

Look's like it's going to be alot of fun.!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

I'm comin' for YOU, Bowen...

#83 4 years ago

Maybe a stupid question - anything good around for families to partake in other than this amazing show?

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from brewmanager:

Maybe a stupid question - anything good around for families to partake in other than this amazing show?

Here's a list of nearby attractions worth checking out:
    http://replayfx.org/location-travel/nearby-attractions/

We've also located a few duplicate entries, so a couple of spots just opened back up.

#85 4 years ago

You're welcome to come for me, but I'm not eligible to play in the tournament.

A few additional spots have come open due to some duplicate registrations. Pinburgh 2015: not yet sold out, sort of!

#86 4 years ago

I assume if we were able to purchase a ticket, we're in?

#87 4 years ago

Ah, nevermind I didn't refresh and see your post, Bowen, before I sent mine. Guess that means my boy and I are in. Thanks!

#88 4 years ago

If you're unsure, send your details and we'll check the list. But yes, if you bought it, you will come

#89 4 years ago

Yes, unless a work function requires me to be in Vegas instead.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Well...I'm out.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

So technically by just playing in the event I can say "I did better than Bowen at Pinburgh 2015'

That could be a new shirt

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yes, unless a work function requires me to be in Vegas instead.

Awesome. You'll have a blast. See you there.

#93 4 years ago

Hey Mike and Bowen, any chance of negotiating a block of rooms at a discount similar to CAX?

#94 4 years ago

Already happening, hotel codes should be online in the next 2 weeks. I don't know the level of the CAX discount, but the rate ReplayFX is getting from the Westin is ~$100 below normal.

http://replayfx.org/location-travel/hotel-information/

#95 4 years ago

I also would like to know when the code for hotel is planning to be active.

I would prefer to stay on site but only if I can get the advertised rate on the replay site of $139?

edit: I type too slow. Bowen, will you be able to more precisely denote the time of hotel code going active? I want to make sure I can get a room at the bargin price.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Players' records carry over from Day 1 into Day 2 except in the lowest division, D. That means that every game counts for everybody else, including the A players.
    An A player who performs poorly on Day 1 will dig themselves a huge hole for Day 2, but won't be allowed to play in B or C or D no matter what. In your case, as a C-restricted player, if you played poorly enough to fall into D (roughly a 25-35 record, give or take), you'd be forced into C anyway and carry your Day 1 record.
    Initial seeding is based on WPPR rank, with all players forming 4-player groups. As each day goes by, the "width" of each group narrows. For example, in Round 1 you would see #1 play #350, #351, and #700; in Round 5 you would see #1 play #8, #9, and #16.
    Hope this helps and let me know what other questions you have. Pinburgh 2015 is nearly, but not quite, sold out.

Actually, this makes perfect sense. I was REALLY tired yesterday.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Congratulations to everyone. The effort to take pinball to another level seems to be well worth it.

#98 4 years ago

First intercontinental competition trip coming up. Really tempted to do a little road trip or something. Any ideas that will there be any pre-tournaments or something else before? Also any change to visit some hobbyists? We (me and few other fellows from Finland, Europe) will be there for awhile and would like to get out as much as possible from this trip.

Maybe I should buy a van and fill it with some pins and ship it back to Europe? Little mock up from Rotordaves epic joyrney.

#99 4 years ago

Is there a charity that will benefit this year?

#100 4 years ago

I just registered yesterday. It's my first time to Pinburgh. Can't wait!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 14.95
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside