Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinballKen
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-805.jpg
    Velcro-Wall-Carnival-Barmitzvah0606-1.jpg
    shiloh mac-cheese.jpg
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

A quick reminder that the 700 seats for Pinburgh 2015 will be available on Sunday, December 7 at 12 noon EST. Pinburgh is part of ReplayFX, which will make available over 700 pinball and arcade cabinets for play, over 2000 console games, showcases by exhibitors, talks about pinball and video games, and plenty of family-friendly entertainment.

Pinburgh is sponsored by pair Networks, who is providing the $100,000 prize pool, the largest in history.

For information about the tournament, visit the ReplayFX website.

http://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

It may be hard to believe, but we expect all 700 spots to be taken quickly. If you know others who are interested, please let them know! We don't want anyone to miss out on the opportunity to play in the world's largest-ever pinball tournament.

Thanks!
    - Bowen

#2 9 years ago

Last year we sold out in under 2 hours! Come and be a part of pinball history!

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

A quick reminder that the 700 seats for Pinburgh 2015...

"You'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!"

#4 9 years ago

Only 700?

#7 9 years ago

Can wait till 2016

#8 9 years ago

Pinburgh and Replay are going to be awesome!!!

#9 9 years ago

#10 9 years ago

I've been asked how people buy tickets. Links to the ticket-purchase website and a detailed description of how the registration process works have now been posted here:

http://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/

#11 9 years ago

The Pinburgh registration page now has some further clarifications to some questions people have been asking.

- You may purchase up to 4 Pinburgh entries at once through the ticket purchase system. All names must be unique and included or the purchase will be voided. Pinburgh entries are non-transferable.

- You don't have to buy a ReplayFX pass at the time of purchasing Pinburgh entries. A ReplayFX pass will be needed to participate in Pinburgh.

- There will be 700 players and over 160 cash prizes available. Pinburgh 2015 will have the largest total prize pool and largest individual prize in the history of competitive pinball.

If you haven't had the chance yet, flip through this list of the console games that will be available for play at ReplayFX...

http://replayfx.org/arcade/console-lounge/

#12 9 years ago

From here:
    http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/
    "A one-time $175 registration fee is required of each player who wishes to compete at Pinburgh."

This info would appear to be incorrect. It might be better to have the papa.org page say $105 for Pinburgh plus some form of ReplayFX pass -- and then point to the ReplayFX page for all of the pass options.

#13 9 years ago

Is the 700 entry limit specific only to Pinburgh or to the Replay World Championship also?

When do you buy your entry tickets into Replay World Championship?

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

From here:
    http://papa.org/papa-tournaments/official-rules/pinburgh-rules/
    "A one-time $175 registration fee is required of each player who wishes to compete at Pinburgh."
    This info would appear to be incorrect. It might be better to have the papa.org page say $105 for Pinburgh plus some form of ReplayFX pass -- and then point to the ReplayFX page for all of the pass options.

Yes, that link is the 2014 version. The full version of 2015 details/rules isn't available yet, and I believe the 2014 rules are linked for reference to what the rules/format will be similar to. Major changes are: (up to) 175 players per division, and 40 qualifiers per division.

You're correct on the 2015 price = $105 Pinburgh + $95 ReplayFX multi-day pass + $5 eventbrite fee.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Is the 700 entry limit specific only to Pinburgh or to the Replay World Championship also?
    When do you buy your entry tickets into Replay World Championship?

Bowen on a major social networking website that there are no player limit at the Replay World Championship and that you buy entries at the event, not ahead of time.

#16 9 years ago

I'll say the same on a minor social networking website. There is no player limit at the Replay World Championship, and you can buy your entry at the event. Entry is included with some of the VIP levels, but you don't need anything special to play, and it won't sell out.

We'll be working on the official Pinburgh 2015 rules soon, the link was provided to give people a sense of the tournament format. Sorry for any confusion!

#17 9 years ago

Last reminder! Tickets for ReplayFX and Pinburgh go on sale tomorrow, December 7, at 12 noon EST.

Remember that you don't have to buy a ReplayFX pass tomorrow, but you will need one to enter the show and tournament. There are also VIP Passes available of varying cost and reward, and it is probably best to purchase those ASAP if you're interested.

For more information on ReplayFX and links to ticket purchase, go to http://replayfx.org. Thanks!

#18 9 years ago

Thanks Bowen. Wont be missing this at noon!

#19 9 years ago

Thanks Bowen. Wont miss this one.

#20 9 years ago

Five minutes from now this starts. Good luck and happy clicking!

#21 9 years ago

What will be the best way to enjoy Pinburgh and ReplayFX? Seeing as Pinburgh is like a constant, all day event for a couple days will there be time to take in the main fest? I hope to take part in both

#22 9 years ago

Pinburgh tickets go on sale in 1 minute!! Go go go!

#23 9 years ago

site is down for me

EDIT works now suddenly

#24 9 years ago

Up and in. Looking forward to it!

#25 9 years ago

I am in!!!! Should be a great event!!!

#26 9 years ago

I'm a Galactic Bounty Hunter...and a Pinburgh contestant!...

...and a total nerd.

#27 9 years ago

The timing has been designed so you can enjoy the festival and the the tournament also. We have also changed the timing for the Replay World Championship so that you can take part in both!

#28 9 years ago

Site was a bit slow, but the actual registration and payment was smooth.

#29 9 years ago

Tickets bought for my first traveling pinball tourney. See you there. 400 went quick last year. Curious to see how fast 700 goes.

#31 9 years ago

Done. Very well-done registration page. Couldn't be easier!

#32 9 years ago

Merry Christmas to me! I'll be there!

#33 9 years ago

Bowen posted this on FB:

"Over -540- of the 700 Pinburgh tickets are currently in "pending sale" status. It's been 3 minutes."

Yow!

UPDATE:
    "92 tickets left. It's 12:06"

Post edited by stevevt: Updated

#34 9 years ago

Yup, great system. See all you suckers in July!

#35 9 years ago

Woo. Thank goodness I just happened to notice what time it was. In!

#37 9 years ago

I'm in! I was overwhelmed last year (first year) at how great it was and with the addition of all of the arcade machines etc it's going to be tough to wait (but totally worth it).

Going to interested in seeing how quickly they all go.

#38 9 years ago

assuming it's sold out by now based on the pace - last update was 50 left and that was over 5-minutes ago! wow!

#40 9 years ago

I'm in.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

assuming it's sold out by now based on the pace - last update was 50 left and that was over 5-minutes ago! wow!

Where do you see status?

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from JafCo:

Where do you see status?

Grey smoke coming out of Eventbrite HQ.

#45 9 years ago

Talk about build it and they will come, outstanding response from the pinball community... Competition pinball is at an all time high!!!!

#46 9 years ago

I'm in. after missing out last year. So excited! I love Pinburgh!

#47 9 years ago

Thanks! As an old fogey, I forgot to check "the Tweeter"

#48 9 years ago

I'm not even going to try... I can't make concrete plans that far out and I forgot when scheduling my vacation time for this next year here at work...awesome. >=-(

I do have a question though... the old 2014 rules on the papa site has division restrictions on it. How the heck does that work in a big round robin/swiss/whatever Pinburgh is thing? Like for instance I would be restricted to C+ at the moment. How is that handled on Thurs when seeding is being determined in the first place? If for some god forsaken reason I qualified lower than C would I be automagically bumped up to C for Saturday or what? The people that are restricted to A, what is the deal with them? Are they just playing "spoiler" all day friday for everyone else that's not A restricted? lol.. =|

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I do have a question though... the old 2104 rules on the papa site has division restrictions on it. How the heck does that work in a big round robin/swiss/whatever Pinburgh is thing? Like for instance I would be restricted to C+ at the moment. How is that handled on Thurs when seeding is being determined in the first place? If for some god forsaken reason I qualified lower than C would I be automagically bumped up to C for Saturday or what? The people that are restricted to A, what is the deal with them? Are they just playing "spoiler" all day friday for everyone else that's not A restricted? lol.. =|

The play before going into divisions is pretty random at first, then gets tighter to the same players with the same scores as it goes on.
    I was A restricted a couple years ago and did horribly first day, when we went to divisions I was put in at the bottom of A (96th)
    I crushed the next day though, and ended up 4th.
    Forcing all the A players to just play each other and beat up on one another would be pretty crappy. Playing "spoiler" to someone who belongs in a lower division is just natural selection.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Like for instance I would be restricted to C+ at the moment. How is that handled on Thurs when seeding is being determined in the first place? If for some god forsaken reason I qualified lower than C would I be automagically bumped up to C for Saturday or what?

Yes. You'd be placed under the natural C qualifiers in the C division.

Quoted from Frax:

The people that are restricted to A, what is the deal with them? Are they just playing "spoiler" all day friday for everyone else that's not A restricted? lol.. =|

Same thing for A division. Anyone who's restricted to a given division will want to qualify in that division (or better), because they will be at a disadvantage in terms of being able to jump into playoff qualifying position.

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2015-registration-opens-december-7-12p-est/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.