Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by geet84
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnyfive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Some games just play to long ie. CSI, LOTR, ST. Put a top 100 IFPA player on that game and the play can go on forever. That is one of the main reasons to increase the slope along with opening lanes. Increasing software difficulty more or less keeps scores lower not play time.

There was just a little consistency needed. The TSPP was brutally steep and the right outlane was rough (I had two missed skill shots that immediately drained out right outlane), while the 24 on the other side of the aisle was super flat. Even with wide outlanes, that 24 played had insanely long games. One of the rounds that took forever was Keith's group all having monster games on that 24.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

We strive to set up games at Pinburgh so players all have a fair shot at playing them without them being too difficult.
    With that said, we prepare over 250 different games for the tournament (most games used in any tournament) and sometimes the setups don't quite work out the way we envisioned them.
    In regards to the pitch of some games, certain games play more difficult with a shallower pitch and certain games are harder with a steeper pitch. In specific regards to 24, some times 'A' players will just play forever no matter what you do to the game. It is what makes them elite players

Sorry, I didn't really mean to be critical, 24 and TSPP seemed to be exceptions on either side of the scale of difficulty. For the most part the machines were all set up to a pretty consistent level of difficulty and I didn't notice a single machine that wasn't level. That's an enormous feat.

I was just mad to get 3 house balls on TSPP when I freakin' own one .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnyfive.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2014?tu=johnnyfive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.