Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 10 years ago

Here I thought it would take a week or more to fill up. Man was I wrong. Glad I registered before I went to work. The thought of missing out on Pinburgh would have ruined my pinball year.

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sc1f1:

smidog said:

Why don't they make it a bigger tournament since the demand is there? They should double it to an 800 person tournament over a whole week if demand is there. Was hoping that was gonna be my first tournament , but 71 on waiting list. Oh well. I've never been there. They must not have a good enough venue I guess.

LMAO Good enough venue... 400 players is a lot to coordinate. Where else can you get 400 people in one place to play a pinball tournament? The venue is excellent... I call it the mecca of pinball.

You have to consider bathrooms and parking as they've stated above...

Name another venue that has 400 people playing in the tournament at the same time using 200 plus games and runs smoothly?

#144 10 years ago

Another question is who will travel to Michigan Pinball Expo to participate in the PAPA Circuit event the week after Pinburgh? I'm betting after the week of Pinburgh most players will be so tourney'd out to make the trip. Hope I'm wrong as I was for Pinburgh registration taking a week plus.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Here's hoping the MPE games are not bastardized like they were last few years, otherwise PAPA.tv videos will be filled with alot of bad words...

Very true. Hope they delay the broadcast by 5secs like they do most live events for censoring.

#167 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

FYI, the Marriot Courtyard and the Double Tree that PAPA had the special rate for are all spoken for. The Courtyard still has rooms now but they are $139/night and even those will all probably sell out. The ESA is around $95/night and still has rooms. The Red Roof inn still has rooms for $71-81/night. The Days Inn airport is $60 but the reviews are so bad it scared us off! There is also a Holiday Inn Express just down the road from the Marriot. Prices are north of $100.

Hence the effect of "Pinburgh" on the Pittsburgh area economy. A good sign indeed.

2 months later
    #216 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Here is the link for the Doublewide tournament Wednesday in Pittsburgh's South Side:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/208062676064634/

There are many places to play in this general area, along East Carson street in Pittsburgh's south side.

Be there in about an hour if lucky. The food at the Double wide is pretty good, will sample it before the night is over for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gravitar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2014-rollcall?tu=gravitar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.