Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago

In - #218.

Is Justin B in the house?
    Eric here....and dying to shoot the breeze.

Gimme a shout--
    EricG-

#52 10 years ago

It's offical I am in #153!!!! See you all there...

#53 10 years ago

I am #175. Email confirmation received.

#54 10 years ago

Your payment has been received and you are now officially Player 108 for
    Pinburgh 2014!

#55 10 years ago

I'm player 164. Coincidentally that's also the place I would like to finish 164th. Aiming high

#56 10 years ago

Registered within 6 minutes of it going live. Confirmation screen said I was 103 in the queue. Got a "player created" email, but no further confirmation from PAPA. What gives?

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

Registered within 6 minutes of it going live. Confirmation screen said I was 103 in the queue. Got a "player created" email, but no further confirmation from PAPA. What gives?

I'm in the same boat as you. Said I was 145 in queue and my confirmation email of profile created is at 12:06 and others are receiving their emails with higher numbers. Maybe it's because this is the first pinburgh I've registered for and it takes longer.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'm in the same boat as you. Said I was 145 in queue and my confirmation email of profile created is at 12:06 and others are receiving their emails with higher numbers. Maybe it's because this is the first pinburgh I've registered for and it takes longer.

Maybe it is a paypal vs CC thing??

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Maybe it is a paypal vs CC thing??

Could be. I was just planning on setting aside some time and booking my hotel etc, but am not planning on going for the whole time if I don't make it in the tourney. I'm sure they're overloaded with all the registrations and the emails will come out shortly.

#60 10 years ago

In! Player #188. Email just came thru.

#61 10 years ago

I've got a friend who may be on the bubble. Is there anyone who is confirmed in who registered AFTER 1:25pm eastern? What is the latest time a confirmed player sent in the registration?

#62 10 years ago

According to the post from Bowen 1:43 was the last person to make the 400

#63 10 years ago

Did everyone's confirmation page say how many people were in the queue? Mine did, but my friend's confirmation page (12:24) didn't say anything about a queue.

#64 10 years ago

Didn't make it - was busy at work and it was too late at 1:30 eastern (12:30 central).

On the wait list

#65 10 years ago

I'm his friend and I'm holding my breath. I registered at 1:20ish, and got my auto e-mail from papa at 1:50 eastern. Fingers crossed, and I filled out the CC form on papa.org

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Didn't make it - was busy at work and it was too late at 1:30 eastern (12:30 central).
    On the wait list

You get an email about it?

#67 10 years ago

Your payment has been received and you are now officially Player 227
    for Pinburgh 2014!

WOOOHOOOO!

#68 10 years ago

I got my registration email around 12:20 but still did not get my player number. I gave my CC info. Should I be concerned? How can I confirm?

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from DnDPins:

I got my registration email around 12:20 but still did not get my player number. I gave my CC info. Should I be concerned? How can I confirm?

I completed mine at 12:06, they must be still working thru them. It shouldn't be long now.

#70 10 years ago

I'm official, player #208.

#71 10 years ago

#136 here....

#72 10 years ago

I registered at 12:15. I was 225 in queue and player 314

#73 10 years ago

Player #299 checking in

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from adamprice271:

I registered right around 12:25 and sent in payment...Hope I make the cut, as this will be a great experience. Glad my friend reminded me about it. Flight and hotel booked, so I better make it.

You registered at 1:25. Eastern time.

#75 10 years ago

I registered just after twelve and got my confirmation as player #161. It was so awesome last year looking forward to going again.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

I registered at 12:15. I was 225 in queue and player 314

That confuses me now. I was hoping I was in. Was 326 in queue. Registered at 12:38 EST. I used my credit card. Fingers crossed now.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That confuses me now.

It's almost like ~80 spots were held or something.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

If it runs like other PAPA events, the player numbering starts at 100, so #250 would actually be the 150th registrant. This numbering thing does not apply to the queue numbering discussion.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Player numbers are 3 digits. So the first registrant in the queue was given player #101.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

The queue was probablly rolling. They might have had 200 in the queue and then pulled them out to charge and then 10 min later there would be 20 in the queue. The number in the queue probably made no difference if they were charging as they went.
    Or else 100 people signed up between 12:15 -12:38 which is completely possible.

#82 10 years ago

I paid at 1:00 their time I believe. No confirmation yet. Just the first email saying I paid. It was PayPal.

#83 10 years ago

"Player Created for Pinburgh 2014" email at 12:37. Payment with credit card (not PayPal).

"You Are In" email at 5:51.

Player 416

#84 10 years ago

Officially player #425 from " you are in" email.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

The queue was probablly rolling. They might have had 200 in the queue and then pulled them out to charge and then 10 min later there would be 20 in the queue. The number in the queue probably made no difference if they were charging as they went.
    Or else 100 people signed up between 12:15 -12:38 which is completely possible.

Ahhh this makes sense.

#86 10 years ago

Your payment has been received and you are now officially Player 443 for Pinburgh 2014!

#87 10 years ago

I missed the cut, and really wanted to go too..

Can you still go to the event to play the collection there not being in the tourney ?

#88 10 years ago

Yes Gerry. In fact they encourage it! Just can't play the tourney pins which leaves you with only a couple hundred.

#89 10 years ago

I'm officially player #434. Got a credit card scare. This transaction threw a red flag to Citicard and they declined my transaction. Kevin emailed me and I immediately Paypal'd the money to him. All this took place like 5 1/2 hours after I registered. Scared me, but I'm in. Unfortunately my buddy who was going to drive all of us the 12 1/2 hour trip did not get in!

Cue the music.....I'm leavin', on a jet plane......

#90 10 years ago

Barely in at number 468!

#91 10 years ago

K, i'm there.. just not in the tourney !

Thanks Bumper

#92 10 years ago

#324, this will be my first Pinburgh, cant wait.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I missed the cut, and really wanted to go too..
    Can you still go to the event to play the collection there not being in the tourney ?

I think they have said the practice games are very limited (compared to PAPA where there are lots of practice games)?

I am not sure but I get the impression that pinburgh uses a good chunk of the games for competition?

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think they have said the practice games are very limited (compared to PAPA where there are lots of practice games)?
    I am not sure but I get the impression that pinburgh uses a good chunk of the games for competition?

If limited is around another 150 games, I found the practice room to be pretty sufficient.

#95 10 years ago

They use 200 of the approx. 450 games there. PLUS, you can still play the tournament games on Sunday after the competition is over. They also have a LOT of duplicate games like 4 Addams, 2 or 3 MM, 10 WCS, 2 CV, 2JM, etc.etc, etc.

#96 10 years ago

#3 here (103).

#97 10 years ago

Still waiting to hear, one way or another, the suspense is killing me...

#98 10 years ago

Me too!!!!!!!

#99 10 years ago

I'm in as player 285!

#100 10 years ago

Just made it. #483. Pumped!

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2014-rollcall/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.