Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BoJo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 years ago

Registration opens in 10 minutes: https://papa.org/pinburgh-2014/registration/

Once you are registered, post here to confirm your presence!

Also taking side bets on when the 400 spots will sell out....

I say within 2 hours.

#3 10 years ago

In!

Player #105

#5 10 years ago

In!

I tried to log on at 12 and it was hit hard. I was 125th in the queue. Crazy.

#6 10 years ago

ill be there. looks like 143 spots filled already.

#7 10 years ago

Registered and paid!

#8 10 years ago

All in... Was 62 in queue, crazy....

#9 10 years ago

Yeah I was done in 1:30 and was like 26th.

#10 10 years ago

Spouse and I are in. #220 and #247, only 2 minutes apart.

#11 10 years ago

Pardon my noobness. Anyone can attend this is just to compete?

#12 10 years ago

I saw "75" on the confirmation screen. My friend registered 5 minutes later -- around 12:10 -- and saw 205.

It's not clear if the number we see means we're in front of or behind that queue, but I assume just getting a confirmation is enough to know for sure all is fine one way or another.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cruzin1a:

Pardon my noobness. Anyone can attend this is just to compete?

Yes. Better register quick

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

ill be there. looks like 143 spots filled already.

How do you know that 143 spots filled up already?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Yes. Better register quick

I'd get destroyed lol.

#16 10 years ago

Bowen said that over 50% filled on FB about 5 minutes ago.

#17 10 years ago

My wife and I are in but things are filling up fast!.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

How do you know that 143 spots filled up already?

It said I was 143 in queue after I registered.

#19 10 years ago

In, anyone know what time this event starts, also can a friend or girlfriend attend without registering, just to watch?

#20 10 years ago

In....my first Pinburgh!

#21 10 years ago

I am confident that the spots will fill quickly. However the way I understand the site, even if 400 spots are filled at 2pm, anyone not paid yet is then put into the "backup/reserve list" and you should then be able to submit registration at that time, essentially "taking the place" of the unpaid, registered player. If you don't pay within 2 hours of receiving registration confirmation, the way I understand it, you lose your spot in line and "go to the end".

#22 10 years ago

Registered at 12:20, #271.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

It said I was 143 in queue after I registered.

Huh, it didn't say where I was in the queue after I registered.

#24 10 years ago

wow 75% full already!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

In, anyone know what time this event starts, also can a friend or girlfriend attend without registering, just to watch

Yeah. Anyone can go. They have a bunch of non tournament games to play. Its really fun just to come down and play.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

In, anyone know what time this event starts, also can a friend or girlfriend attend without registering, just to watch?

Yes, you don't have to register to get into the door, anyone can attend, watch, go into the practice rooms, etc...

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

Huh, it didn't say where I was in the queue after I registered.

should have sent you an email with confirmation that you were in the queue

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

http://papa.org/pinburgh-2014/

"Spectators are welcome to attend, and there is no fee charged for admission."

Last year, round 1 started at 11:30 am on Friday. I don't think this year's schedule has been posted, but it will probably be the same or very close.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

In case anyone's panicking after reading this, I think you only see the queue number on the registration confirmation screen on the web site. The first email you receive ("Player Created for PAPA Tournaments") does not contain this info.

EDIT:
    The "payment processed" email will include your actual player number. If it runs like other PAPA events, the player numbering starts at 100, so #250 would actually be the 150th registrant. This numbering thing does not apply to the queue numbering discussion.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I did recieve that email, but it didn't say where I was in the queue.

#31 10 years ago

I've competed the past two years in Pinburgh but decided to pass this year. Too many out of town trips last year and projects piling up.

If you haven't attended, it's very fun (and exhausting) and everyone should do it once!

#32 10 years ago

If you didn't get the email check your spam/junk mail folder - that's where my initial "we got your registration" email went (which you get right after you submit the form online)...

#33 10 years ago

I'm in!

#34 10 years ago

Jeez. I thought it was tomorrow that registration opened up. Shows 326 in queue. Hope that means I'm good.

#35 10 years ago

Should be, there are 400 total spots plus some people will back out last minute.

#36 10 years ago

334. Really looking forward to playing a ton of games I've never seen before.

#37 10 years ago

My son and I are in. He will probably finish higher than me, lol.

#38 10 years ago

Holy crap. I registered at 12:39 eastern and I was 373 in the cue. This is just wild. Bowen, you have created a monster. Bao!

#39 10 years ago

I'm in.

#40 10 years ago

How long does it usually take to get your player ID so you know you're officially in?

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I registered at 12:39 eastern and I was 373 in the cue.

Smells like a sell out already.

Hope nobody slept in !

Quoted from TaylorVA:

How long does it usually take to get your player ID so you know you're officially in?

My friend panicked he didn't have confirmation and emailed PAPA.
    Kevin said they are carefully working through the queue.
    I imagine they have to process each card manually.

Hang in there and post your player number when you have it!

Great, can't wait to whoop you and Dana again!

#43 10 years ago

RT ‏@bowenkerins: Pinburgh FULL, but waiting list is ongoing. Sign up and cross fingers? If you signed up before 1:43 ET you are "in" pending payment.

#44 10 years ago

Glad I set a reminder on my phone. So busy at work I would've missed it had it not alerted me.

#45 10 years ago

Received my player created email at 12:52 PM, should be good to go, looking forward to it.

#46 10 years ago

I registered at 12:05 and have not received my player number yet. Has anyone else received theirs that paid via credit card on the site?

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I registered at 12:05 and have not received my player number yet. Has anyone else received theirs that paid via credit card on the site?

Some people definitely have. I'm in the same boat as you though.

Word is that they are working through the credit card processing and we'll all receive player number emails soonish.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I registered at around the same time it is going to take them a while to process all these transactions, I am pretty sure they didn't expect to be processing 400 transactions today, lol... It may take them longer than the 24 hr period... I have my flights booked and everything so I am crossing my fingers everything goes through crazy stuff was no where near this popular last year...

#49 10 years ago

I'm keeping my fingers crossed also. I had to register using my phone since my work blocks the papa website so I'm worried in my haste I fat fingered the credit card number. I almost wished I would've used paypal now.

#50 10 years ago

I registered right around 12:25 and sent in payment...Hope I make the cut, as this will be a great experience. Glad my friend reminded me about it. Flight and hotel booked, so I better make it.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2014-rollcall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.