(Topic ID: 9265)

Pinburgh 2012

By exflexer

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Attending Pinburgh 2012”

• Yes 9 votes
      38%
    • No 11 votes
      46%
    • Maybe so 4 votes
      17%

(24 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

I was wondering how many of you are going to the Pinburgh 2012 tournament at the PAPA facility? PAPA of course is located in the place that can only be whispered. Pittsburgh. There are only 90 days left until the tournament and I could throw a little Pittsburgh guide up for people who are traveling here.

#2 12 years ago

I'll be there, and not just because I was 3rd last time... It's a really really great tournament and I heartily encourage everyone to come and try it. The way they set it up, it's pretty easy to remain competitive the whole time. Usually, even up to the last couple of rounds, you have a decent shot at eking your way into the finals.

#3 12 years ago

Yeah it is definately a fun setup. It is nice just to come to the facility to play the pins. I usually burn tokens on pins that I think I may want to purchase. A try before you buy type of thing. I mean they do have over 400 pins on site plus some classic uprights for that donkey kong player in us. I hate when you go to shows and have to wait to play let say Addams Family. Well PAPA has four of them. Oh yeah.

#4 12 years ago

Was there last year and will be there again this year. I can't wait - such a great experience.

#5 12 years ago

I'm going! I'm so excited!

#6 12 years ago

I plan to be there.

Bill

#7 12 years ago

If you see me introduce yourselves. I'll be wearing a Busted Flipper Arcade shirt.

1 week later
    #8 12 years ago

It's going to be my first time at the PAPA facility. I'm uber excited.

#9 12 years ago

I sorta want to go though I'm not a good player.

#10 12 years ago

Don't have to be a good player there coasterguy! My gf had hardly played any real pinballs (she had played williams collection) and she had a blast! We'll be going again, but I think it'll have to be the world championships, kind of scared of driving on those PA mountains in the winter, I'll be honest with ya.

#11 12 years ago

I'm guessing there will be pins for sale there?

What kinda prices are we talking? Not ebay type prices, right?

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm guessing there will be pins for sale there?

What kinda prices are we talking? Not ebay type prices, right?

It's a tournament, not a show. Typically there is nothing for sale, just people playing.

#13 12 years ago

Definitely planning on making the trip again this year. Last year was my first time out and it was a great time. Had a blast burning through 4 or 5 rolls of tokens!

I've kicked around the idea of doing the tournament this year, but I'll probably just be a spectator / token player again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinburgh-2012 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.