New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95573)

PinBrawl 2014 @ PAPA 17

By ifpapinball

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ifpapinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

PinBrawl @ PAPA will be returning on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014, in conjunction with the PAPA 17 World Pinball Championships.

PinBrawl is the ultimate team pinball competition featuring teams of 4 players. Although the competition in PinBrawl is as fierce as any other tournament around, PinBrawl has always been about FUN first.

At the end of the day, PinBrawl is all about camaraderie. Competitive pinball is usually a solitary sport, and PinBrawl has made it possible to play in a group with your closest friends, and meet tons of other people throughout the matches during the tournament. Many players will say that it is the best tournament they’ve ever played in, so don't miss your chance to get in the action!

Registration for PinBrawl 2014 is $10 per player ($40 per team – payable on site).

To learn more about PinBrawl 2014, including how to sign up, format, rules and schedule, visit:
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/pinbrawl

#2 6 years ago

doh! Wish I knew this was happening prior to buying plane tickets. (inserts head smacking emoticon)

2 weeks later
    #3 6 years ago

3 teams signed up so far . . . that's a 33% chance of winning!

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/pinbrawl/

An added PinBrawl benefit for these 12 players . . . a chance to spend a day in the PAPA facility before it opens to the masses. Get yourself on the VIP list by registering!

#4 6 years ago

Come on. Do it!

Sign your teammates up even if they don't want to and then say it was an accident, but then make them play anyway because team pinball is awesome.

Also, a single player may be permitted to count as two players if they have a fancy fake moustache and can change it quickly without anyone noticing. YMMV.

#5 6 years ago

Don't have a team. I assume single players can still sign up and get assigned a team?

ETA: Hilton... change your flight. I'll be on your team

Anyone looking for a team LMK. Let's start one.

#6 6 years ago

Singles waiting list can be found here:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/pinbrawl/singles

I can break them into male/female lists if anyone is looking for more than just a partner for PinBrawl

Also, last year we did have 2 members of a team cancel, and decided to let the two remaining players play double (Team name "DOUBLE TROUBLE"). It actually turned out to be quite fun for those guys . . . dare I say TWO times the fun.

If anyone is interested in signing up as a 'doubles' team, we're okay with that too. Still have to pay for 4 spots, but if you win, you will get 2 trophies each!

Josh

#7 6 years ago

This tournament was an absolute blast last year! Looking forward to it next month!

#8 6 years ago

Sponsored by Super Bands! How can you NOT sign up now?!?

#9 6 years ago

Wish I could change my flight and come early...

#10 6 years ago

We had a blast playing last year. Its really a great time.

#11 6 years ago

Singles list has grown to 2 players.

2 more and we can fill another team!

#12 6 years ago

I'm in on a pinbrawl team if anyone wants another player and willing to deal with subpar play - think I'll go and give it a whirl for my first time!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

This tournament was an absolute blast last year! Looking forward to it next month!

Your team is going down Joe!

#14 6 years ago

Up to 7 teams signed up, with 2 players on the singles list.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/pinbrawl/

Still time to sign up, but we will be closing registration soon so we can lock in purchasing plaques for the event, planning the schedule for the matches, etc.

#15 6 years ago

Well, you could put me on the singles list (don't know how to actually sign up for that), but I think I'm going to help Joe install a WOZ at the children's hospital instead. There's always next year for Pinbrawl. Hope I know soon what I'm doing!

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

We're up to 13 teams . . . going to allow 1 more and then shut this thing down, so contact me ASAP if you want that last spot.

Thanks,
    Josh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 99.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Stealth arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 295.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside