(Topic ID: 176792)

Pinbox(nucore) has anyone tried this recently

By hocuslocus

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brtlkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just curious to see if anyone has successfully installed pinbox lately within the past 6 months or so. The only stuff I can find on the web is over 3 years old now.
The version of Ubuntu that was being used is no longer supported. I've been messing around with it on and off for about a week now. I know Bigguys are still in the process of getting their licenses, but who knows how long that is going to take.
I've tried this program with 4 different computers and it usually makes it to the blue table select screen but then dies after because it is unable to load samples. Guessing that is sound.wav or something in the rom files. Since I'm using a newer computer I had to update ubutu (version 13.something) which is the last version I could get to work that was supported.
Found two different sources for the pinbox files they are pretty much the same, the first one has the rom files already in a designated directory and the second one you have to install the roms when prompted, but it also has an update directory. Think I'm going to keep messing with the rom files since that seems to be where it is getting hung up. Thinking there might be something that was named wrong or something that was installed in a wrong directory.
I also have a dual core from around that time period, I'm just waiting on a parallel to pci adapter to come in. Probably just wasted money and time on this project, but figured it was worth a shot.

You make it to the table select screen, But you don't have a parallel hooked up for the game. I don't think it will allow you to select the table if one is not plugged in. You must change it to what table you want it to boot to rfm or swep1 and not to detect what playfield is in the machine.. This can be changed in Linux. Once the parallel port is hook up to the machine then it will allow the selection/detection of what game is in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brtlkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinboxnucore-has-anyone-tried-this-recently?tu=Brtlkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.