Pinbot vs. Cyclone

By Blackbeard

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Just got a Cyclone and absolutely loving it. It's such a hit.

I have been confronted with an option to buy a pinbot from someone and I think I could get a decent price on it.

My concern is that I've gotten this cyclone that I really love and wonder if I do get a pinbot whether i'd play it as much as cyclone.

I know pinbot has MB, but how do these two compete? Which is funner, etc. Which do you prefer?

thanks.

#2 12 years ago

I think cyclone is much funner and has more lastability than Pinbot.

#3 12 years ago

I haven't played Cyclone, so I can't really compare. I can say, that Pinbot is a fantastic playing machine. It only has 2 ball MB, so that isn't a huge draw for me. There are so many other great features to the game. The skill shot, the DT's to advance the planets, the mini-pf... If you can get the machine at a good price, I'd highly recommend it.

#4 12 years ago

Both are iconic games IMO. That's a tough call, Pinbot is the tougher of the two, that's for sure. I like them both, but if I had to choose I'd take Pinbot. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, and when you decide to sell you won't have to sit on them.

#5 12 years ago

I've only played Pinbot on the Wii and it's hard (which I like).

It's just that I just got the Cyclone.. and now the pinbot has come up. I might be able to get a really great deal on it..

#6 12 years ago

I like Cyclone, but Pinbot is one of my all time faves. I will definitely own one some day.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've only played Pinbot on the Wii and it's hard (which I like).
It's just that I just got the Cyclone.. and now the pinbot has come up. I might be able to get a really great deal on it..

My only knock on Pinbot is when the ball drains coming out of the pops, but the music, the visor, the theme all make up for it. "NOW....I....SEE....YOU!"

#8 12 years ago

Pinbot's a classic, Cyclone, not so much.

#9 12 years ago

When does the topper light up? When you get multiball?

#10 12 years ago

Topper lights up for many events....Hitting the 100,000 skill shot. Reaching the Sun. Collecting Solar Value. Special and possibly extra ball.

As for Pin*bot vs Cyclone, I've owned two Pin*bots and a Comet (cyclone precursor). I'd own a third Pin*bot before getting a Cyclone. The Visor, the advancing planets, the three target sweep, the up/down ramp, multiball....It's just a more enjoyable game to me. Cyclone is mostly about hitting the ramps and the ferris wheel stops play too long, IMHO.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

My only knock on Pinbot is when the ball drains coming out of the pops

I've heard a lot of people complain about this, I can't say that I've had this problem. I did make sure to set this thing up level from side to side. I have standard size rubbers (I've heard some people put OS to prevent drains ).

I never really feel that many drains are undeserved.. at least not more than any other machine. But, you'll find yourself nudging quite a bit.

I think the biggest knock on the game is it's pretty right-flipper heavy. This is true, a lot of the most important shots are accomplished from the right flipper. DT's can be backhanded from the left, but it's difficult, and there isn't much to shoot for on the right side of the PF because of the Pop's.

One of my favorite parts of this game is the mini pf. Trying to get the ball into the shooter lane for another chance at a 2x, 3x, 4x, etc skill shot is very fun/rewarding.

#12 12 years ago

If it was my collection I would go with Cyclone, to me it is the funner of the two. I can't play alot of Pinbot without getting bored of it.

#14 12 years ago

I would get pinbot and keep cyclon - they are very different playing games, that will make both games last longer in your collection

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Dewey68 said:

My only knock on Pinbot is when the ball drains coming out of the pops

that's 80 pinball for ya! how about saucer ejects SDTM?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

I would get pinbot and keep cyclon - they are very different playing games, that will make both games last longer in your collection

The only advice I should be looking at.

#17 12 years ago

Cyclone has more to it and a great layout, I think it lasts longer than Pinbot.

#18 12 years ago

Cyclone is my favorite of the Williams coaster series pins.
Comet is fun but old school, and Hurricane is too much of a good thing.
Cyclone is just right.

Pinbot is admired but not my favorite of the series.
The Bride of Pinbot is the best of the three,
and Jackbot is more fun than Pinbot with added DMD features.

For me, Cyclone is the better machine to have of the two.

#19 12 years ago

Having played both as a kid and in the past 2 years I can say the Cyclone get my vote. Pinbot is definitely the harder of the two. Either one would be a good addition to anyones collection! Hey you, with the face

#20 12 years ago

Cyclone for me also, some of best call outs in pinball history. Pinbot is no slouch but Cyclone gets the nod....Both would be great in any collection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-vs-cyclone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.