BLUE-SS (resized).jpg
BLUE-BS (resized).jpg
BLACK-BS (resized).jpg
BLACK-SS (resized).jpg
RED-BS (resized).jpg
RED-SS (resized).jpg
red beads (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Just picked up my first pin (Pin*Bot) and of course the top ramp is broken. Can't find a replacement so was thinking about making one.

My brother and I have the ability to reproduce the Vortex ramp for pin*bot via 3d print (testing) then injection mold.

We're wondering if anyone has any interest in one if we do? Would be nice to help anyone else looking?

Looks like the decal kits are still available

Let me know if interested

#2 6 years ago

These have been reproduced and *are* out there. However, they were poor reproductions. Often needing quite a bit of manipulating with a heat gun and/or dremel to make them work. So I say GO FOR IT! Make a proper reproduction. I could definitely use one (or two.)

I'll let someone else bring up any licensing issues...

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

These have been reproduced and *are* out there. However, they were poor reproductions. Often needing quite a bit of manipulating with a heat gun and/or dremel to make them work. So I say GO FOR IT! Make a proper reproduction. I could definitely use one (or two.)

Yeah I bought one and it works but needed a LOT of work to make it work correctly. Even then it is just meh.

#4 6 years ago

we have the tool for the vortex ramp and are waiting for them to be made ... these are not the repro's that were made a couple of years ago, these are original tooling that were used on the original games.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we have the tool for the vortex ramp and are waiting for them to be made ... these are not the repro's that were made a couple of years ago, these are original tooling that were used on the original games.

Any sort of time line for that?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Letsroe:

Just picked up my first pin (Pin*Bot) and of course the top ramp is broken. Can't find a replacement so was thinking about making one.
My brother and I have the ability to reproduce the Vortex ramp for pin*bot via 3d print (testing) then injection mold.
We're wondering if anyone has any interest in one if we do? Would be nice to help anyone else looking?
Looks like the decal kits are still available
Let me know if interested

Since so many are broken, and the repros aren't great I'm sure there would be a lot of interest

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Seriously? Is Williams even around to sue me? I just want to help the pin community get the parts they need, not make a huge profit

I don't think there are even enough machines in circulation to turn a profit considering the amount of time that's needed to do this...

Thoughts?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Letsroe:

Seriously? Is Williams even around to sue me? I just want to help the pin community get the parts they need, not make a huge profit
I don't think there are even enough machines in circulation to turn a profit considering the amount of time that's needed to do this...
Thoughts?

Quoted from PPS:

Hi, let me introduce you. You nailed the first impression

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Then make some, there are a lot of Pin Bot owners that would buy 1 just to have as a spare. 12000 Pin Bots made, surely there are a few thousand remaining in operation.
While you are at it just have that large blue playfield plastic that is on the upper left. Each 1 of those would also sell like hot cakes, from what I've read many of those playfield plastics are broken, and Pin Bot owners have complained, that they do want to buy a whole playfield plastic set.

Added over 7 years ago: Missed the word, 'NOT'. 'that they do not want to buy a whole playfield plastic set.'

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yo PPS what is your timeline? Are you serious? I'm about to make it myself unless you have more info!

WORD

P.S. I'm going to make SURE the new batch doesn't break in the same damn spot if we end up making these!

#11 6 years ago

The tool is with the plastic manufacturer now. We will be checking this week, but they have run the black version already and just color matching the red/orange.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The tool is with the plastic manufacturer now. We will be checking this week, but they have run the black version already and just color matching the red/orange.

Awesome news!

Any chance of Pinbot plastic sets being rerun?

7 months later
#13 6 years ago

Bump....did anyone ever get these ramps made? Everywhere I look they are out of stock.

1 week later
#14 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

YO PPS

Did you ever do this or just shoot down what I wanted to do to help the "community" without profit out of Greed?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Letsroe:

YO pps
Did you ever do this or just shoot down what I wanted to do to help the "community" without profit out of Greed?

File that in the same place as the B/W LED ghosting ROM patcher that was pulled because fixed roms were going to be officially released. That was 4 years ago. Zero released officially to date.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Letsroe:

YO pps

yup, I saw they made the black ones for jackbot. no red ones... Wonder if they would reinforce the area they keep getting broken at. Every pinbot I see is broken in the exact same place.
Almost got everything I need to restore this game. All I need to do now is get my other car working, so I have room in my garage to stencil

#17 6 years ago

Rick's word is completely worthless and he proves that repeatedly.

#18 6 years ago

Rick can't find any red pellets just black.

red beads (resized).jpgred beads (resized).jpg

1 week later
#19 6 years ago

I'm up for a vortex ramp just too have a back up......

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Which repros were these that had issues?

I got one forever ago made by Tom Giorgio/Specialty Plastics (went by "N2NEW", "NoSheeples", etc. on RGP); it was repayment for me loaning him an NOS example to copy. The repro was good quality and fit right in with no issue. The flap he riveted to it was a little sketchy looking and the regular pop rivets were unattractive but the truth is you can't see this area at all when it's in the game.

Richard

1 year later
#21 4 years ago

I am interested in purchasing the vortex ramp if you ever made them.. I realize this is an old post, but it didn't seem to go anywhere. Did you make the vortex ramp you were talking about? If so is it something that can be made using a 3d printer? Is it possible to upload to thingiverse? Or does it use a different type of tooling? We have a 3d printer, but I am not sure that a print would hold up under as much abuse as a pinball game would give it....

#22 4 years ago

So did PPS ever folliw through. I would take a couple of the orange vortex ramps.

3 months later
#23 4 years ago

guess no ramp was made?

1 month later
#24 4 years ago

I need one as well.

#25 4 years ago

I still have the original which I replaced with a new one.

The one I have is cracked by 100,000 I had it glued with duck tape behind it. It looks good but isn't a solid fix. Don't know if the ones Pin Bot owner's are replacing are any better than what I have. If local send me a pm.

Also I have the name and address where I got my replacement October 2014. Pm me if you need the address.

1 month later
#26 4 years ago

Planetary Pinball - Bump. Any progress on getting the Pinbot ramps made?

1 month later
#27 4 years ago

I am also interested in a new ramp.

#28 4 years ago

I never heard anything from Planetary - I guess they don't want to deal with it. I gave mine to someone who tried to write a printer program for it. One big problem may be the program he uses, but the arcs of the ramps are not consistent - if you look down from the top, you can see that there are various angles of the walls. Every section had to be "redone" to get the correct arc. He gave up since he could not get it "perfect".

I started to look for a modeler who could make an injection die, but that quickly became cost prohibitive, let alone the possible C&D crap. So for now, that's out. I ended up buying a BOP ramp that I am going to install.

I am not done trying, but this is slowly going on the back burner, along with other projects. I am, however, partially finished with my Theremin! Hope to have that completed before summer.

2 weeks later
#29 4 years ago

Guys ... the vortex original WMS tool is in the queue to remake (including the jackbot black version as well) ... it is high on the list and as best I can tell there are no obstacles in running it. I am getting the orange color sample to them this week ... it is sitting at the OEM plastic company that had run it previously, just fitting into their schedule and ensuring the metal flap is correct.

UPDATE: I have the sample of the orange ramp as well as the flap print, so waiting on the plastic company to verify the tool ... a question if this does run quickly is if there are any other color options (other than orange and black) that would be a winner? Like a transluscent Orange maybe? lmk

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... the vortex original WMS tool is in the queue to remake (including the jackbot black version as well) ... it is high on the list and as best I can tell there are no obstacles in running it. I am getting the orange color sample to them this week ... it is sitting at the OEM plastic company that had run it previously, just fitting into their schedule and ensuring the metal flap is correct.
UPDATE: I have the sample of the orange ramp as well as the flap print, so waiting on the plastic company to verify the tool ... a question if this does run quickly is if there are any other color options (other than orange and black) that would be a winner? Like a transluscent Orange maybe? lmk

Translucent might be cool but I'd have to see it on the game first. It goes without saying (IMO) that an accompanying translucent blue ramp would complement it very well, and that mixing solid/translucent ramps would be weird.

The two equally most important things I could imagine though with a new Vortex ramp is that it fits properly, and that it is durable.

Richard

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Translucent might be cool but I'd have to see it on the game first. It goes without saying (IMO) that an accompanying translucent blue ramp would complement it very well, and that mixing solid/translucent ramps would be weird.
The two equally most important things I could imagine though with a new Vortex ramp is that it fits properly, and that it is durable.
Richard

Agree with Richard that the fit and sturdiness are most important. Translucent in either orange or blue would get my money.

#32 4 years ago

I'm for the original color

#33 4 years ago

Reinforced design, both opaque and translucent.

#34 4 years ago

It's the original tool ... there will not be any redesign of the tool ...unless everyone is ok with +$$$ for the cost of the part ...

#35 4 years ago

On with the PinBot Vortex ramp!!

#36 4 years ago

+1 vote for offering it in translucent orange as well. Will need the ramp stickers to come with.

#37 4 years ago

Seems like it should be red.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I would very much like to see a translucent red or blue for the Jack*Bot.

#39 4 years ago

I would absolutely buy an original tooling translucent orange, or even better, translucent red vortex ramp. That would look fantastic lit from underneath.
I have a repro ramp in mine now and it definitely isnt that great.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

My mistake. It's red.

3 weeks later
#41 4 years ago

My vote is for translucent red to match freeplay's awesome repro ramp in the back.

1 month later
#42 3 years ago

Any updates on the Pinbot vortex?

1 month later
#43 3 years ago

Nothing but radio silence means the project is dead?

#44 3 years ago

3 years ago:

Quoted from PPS:

The tool is with the plastic manufacturer now. We will be checking this week,

3 months ago:

Quoted from PPS:

I am getting the orange color sample to them this week

Either get out if the way and let people help the damn hobby in the ways they can, or put up the damn goods.
In the years since this was posted, you could’ve developed the ramp within the community, and conceivably made a better version (as many other repro ramps are better made than the originals.)

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

3 years ago:

3 months ago:

Either get out if the way and let people help the damn hobby in the ways they can, or put up the damn goods.
In the years since this was posted, you could’ve developed the ramp within the community, and conceivably made a better version (as many other repro ramps are better made than the originals.)

Have your morning coffee and chill the hell out.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Have your morning coffee and chill the hell out.

Right? Maybe message them directly and be a little more diplomatic.

Richard

#47 3 years ago

OK, you're right. I'll give him another three years and a week.

5 months later
#48 3 years ago

Pinbot (and Jackbot) Vortex ramps with Flaps are available now ... RED (Pinbot), BLUE (Pinbot or Jackbot), and BLACK (Jackbot). Includes choice of BLUE STEEL or STAINLESS Ramp Flap Installed as well as the Vortex Ramp decals $79. Original WMS tooling, OEM supplier, Stronger Material, Blueprint Cut Flaps.

Planetary Pinball

BLACK-BS (resized).jpgBLACK-BS (resized).jpgBLACK-SS (resized).jpgBLACK-SS (resized).jpgBLUE-BS (resized).jpgBLUE-BS (resized).jpgBLUE-SS (resized).jpgBLUE-SS (resized).jpgRED-BS (resized).jpgRED-BS (resized).jpgRED-SS (resized).jpgRED-SS (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-vortex-ramp-reproduction?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.