Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Insane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I give up! I have checked all the usual suspects for the plastic cover for the Pinbot vortex ramp but I am not able to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess if worst comes to worst I can cut a new piece of plastic, drill the rivets out and reuse the brackets and scan the art work and make new decal! That's a lot of work so I would really like to be able to just buy one!

Thanks,

Al

#2 6 years ago

I bought one in July 2012 from Action Pinball, in Utah. You can see if they have any left.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks OCD - they are sold out.

#4 6 years ago

Mine was cracked in half. I used a little gel superglue and it's good as new. This is all good if you're dealing w a cracked one. If you're missing it altogether idk.

#5 6 years ago

Mine has cracks were both rivets on right hand side are,would also like one to smik up machine.

#6 6 years ago

I think you could make one pretty easily. Hot wire cut out the traced original shape from a lexan sheet, sand down edges, color-laser a waterslide decal on, drill holes for brackets. You could do it in less than 20 minutes and you'd have left-over plastic for future repairs/parts for the same price or less than buying a replacement. I've made parts using that process before, the first few were a tad rough, but smaller pieces are much easier and look great.

#7 6 years ago

thedefog - your hired! Just kidding but it looks like I may have to go the build it myself route. One problem that I didn't notice at first is that my cover is missing a about two inches from the end. It was broken off and the fourth bracket is gone.

If anyone has one and they are willing to lay it out on a piece of paper and trace it I would be forever grateful!

Thanks folks for the response.

Al

1 year later
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from CharlestonSCPins:

thedefog - your hired! Just kidding but it looks like I may have to go the build it myself route. One problem that I didn't notice at first is that my cover is missing a about two inches from the end. It was broken off and the fourth bracket is gone.
If anyone has one and they are willing to lay it out on a piece of paper and trace it I would be forever grateful!
Thanks folks for the response.
Al

Any luck with this Al? I think I need to do the same thing as my Pinbot is missing the last 3 inches of the plastic, including most of the shuttle graphic.

3 weeks later
#9 4 years ago

I could use one as well, one hyper shot put a crack through mine at the point closest to the player marring an otherwise excellent machine. I know the JackBot one is interchangeable but I can not locate either.

1 month later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from stepside:

Any luck with this Al? I think I need to do the same thing as my Pinbot is missing the last 3 inches of the plastic, including most of the shuttle graphic.

I'm working on one for a friend, and also missing the last bit. anyone have any luck on this. find a secret stash??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inverness, IL
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Mankato, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside