Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Milltown
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
large_(resized).jpg
visor.png

#1 6 years ago

Hello;

When the visor standup target assembly is moving, it often goes up and down in a crooked fashion. First, one side starts to drop slightly earlier than the other, then the targets drop, and are flush to the playfield.

When the visor targets are coming back up, it's the same thing, but in reverse. The other side goes up slightly crooked and then comes to its resting position; however, the yellow side (left) is visibly lower than the red side (right).

I watched a video on YouTube and the visor moved up and down smoothly and non-crooked so I do believe I can get this working better than it is. When I disassembled the visor target assembly, I noticed a couple of things and was hoping someone with a known-good assembly can check their machine:

• There is some left-to-right slack in the carrier assembly as it slides in the guide (the black plastic and white retainer plastics that hold it in place (mounted to the metal L brackets)

• The motor has a bushing that goes from the mounted stub on the rotating wheel and sits in an oblong round cavity on the carrier assembly. There appears to be a substantial amount of slack between the bushing and the cavity. Is this normal?

This machine was on a route and at some point a tech decided that grease would be a good idea. It took a while to degrease the entire assembly (and also fix a couple of the target plastics at the same time) -- while the end result looks improved, the movement is really goofy looking. Any ideas on how to 'tune' this up?

Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from sfmacintosh:

• The motor has a bushing that goes from the mounted stub on the rotating wheel and sits in an oblong round cavity on the carrier assembly. There appears to be a substantial amount of slack between the bushing and the cavity. Is this normal?

As I recall there is a metal cap on that bushing, perhaps yours is missing ?

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

The slides on this target bank are almost always broke and can cause what you are seeing.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses.

LTG, I have the bushing highlighted in the diagram... is this what you are referring to?

The slides on this target bank are almost always broke and can cause what you are seeing.

I've read this once on another site and have had difficulty knowing what to look for with regard to broken slides.

Are the slides the white plastic pieces (highlighted in blue)? Looking at the design, I assumed I would see something (such as tracks/guides) on the plastic piece (green arrow) that would keep the carrier properly oriented as it moves up/down. When I get home tonight I will take photos and then someone can tell me definitively if the target assembly is damaged.

Thanks for the help.

visor.png

#5 6 years ago

The part that usually breaks is the bracket the the slides you've highlighted slide into.

2 years later
#6 3 years ago

Jackbot has a part number 02-4259, Metal Roller Sleeve; also used in Attack From Mars and WHOdunnit - would this be the part you're looking for?

large_(resized).jpg

Could you just put on a bunch of layers of heat shrink tubing until you get the right amount of material, or is it more complicated than that?

#7 3 years ago

Does anyone know of a good replacement or place to purchase the Metal Roller Sleeve, part 02-4259? Other than Pinball Spare Parts Australia.

1 week later
#8 3 years ago

Marcospecialties.com has a bunch of available Jackbot parts.

#9 3 years ago

Just not that one.

#10 3 years ago

Mad amuesments carries the part but they are currently out of stock. Lol I know it doesnt get you the part but it wouldnt hurt to email them. Only place that has it in stock is place based in aussie.

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#11 3 years ago

I went to TSC and bought a bronze bushing, 1/4" ID 3/8" OD, for $2 and it seems to be a direct replacement for the missing bushing. That said, the slot in the target bank is 1/2", so there's still enough slop so that the visor doesn't move smoothly up and down.

I'll see if a 1/4" ID 1/2" OD will work. The bushing is 1" long, so you'd need to shorten it to suit the pin on the motor.

1 week later
#12 3 years ago

Okay, so I tried the larger bushing. It fits like a glove, both on the motor pin and in the target bank slot, and the visor moves smoothly, but is still a little crooked.

Still much better than before and a cheap alternative to the $4 Marco part plus a bazillion dollars in shipping to Canada.

#13 3 years ago

Look at the mounting bracket, I bet it's broke just like mine! I am currently looking for a replacement! Not having much luck I might add!

3 months later
#14 3 years ago

Funny, I'm having trouble with My target bank of my Pinbot- and I found this roller in the machine when I first got it, and set it aside figuring eventually it's use would become apparent. Heh. Guess it has!

But my Pinbot has the other problem- The one about the Track guides being broken. What do you do about that? The whole thing seems like it could have been designed a little better, but in any case-

Is there an aftermarket replacement? some kludge that everyone uses that I don't know about? The previous person sort of toenailed a screw in to hold the whole thing in place, and with one of the tracks still holding, I guess that and the shaft must hold the bank in place. I'd just rather buy a new one. I'm afraid it might cost half the price I paid for the pin. If someone knows something please let me know, otherwise I'll be looking on Marco, etal..

-Brian

#16 3 years ago

Look under on the left side .. is the bottom of the plastic cracked .. I recentry had this issue and a few tweeks took the crooked away..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside