Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

I'm pulling my hair out. I've put new limit switches and diode on the open limit switch of the visor. Both switches register in switch test. When I turn on the game, the visor cycles closed then opens. When it hits the open switch, the game resets. There is no diode between the open limit switch and the white/ vio wire, but there's one on the closed limit switch. I've looked at pics on line and it looks like others don't have a diode either. Is there supposed to be one?

Before I replaced the switches, the visor would cycle open/closed without resetting, but a reset would happen in mid game.

Any ideas?

Jason

#2 9 months ago

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm#reset

Or this...
Low +5 volts from the Power Supply board.
A low +5 volts coming from the power supply can often be attributed to the 47 mfd 50 volt capacitor at C8. If this cap fails (opens up), a low +5 volts will result. A low +5 volts can cause your game to reset randomly. Also a bad capacitor at C10 (18,000 mfd 20 volts) can cause a low +5 volts. This cap is the main +5 volt filter cap. To test this cap, turn the game on and put your DMM on AC volts. Put the leads of your meter on the positive and negative leads of the C10 capacitor. If you get more than .5 AC volts, replace this capacitor. Filter caps don't last forever. Expect about 10 years life from them (which means most system 11 games should have their C10 capacitor replaced!). But when in doubt, just replace C10 as it's probably due to be replaced anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Farmington, UT
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Sale Pending!
Gardner, MA
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 1,089.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside