• Latest reply 3 years ago by Britpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16068342815367870896202622591973 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi. I have recently got a pinbot and am just giving it a clean. As far as I can tell it all works ok. The visor goes up and down when it should. When it goes down it stalls for a split second half way then Carrys on. It is a couple of km lower on one side than the other when down. I have looked at lots of stuff online about the visor but have not seen one with springs on like mine. They go from the adjustment screws on the bottom of the assembly to the fare left and right targets. The springs are quite taught. I presume these are not meant to be there. Any ideas why they are?

16068342815367870896202622591973 (resized).jpg16068342815367870896202622591973 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Looks like a hack to get the visor to go down because someone couldn't/didn't fix it properly.

Get rid of it.

#3 3 years ago

I'm new to pinball so a bit reluctant to remove the springs when it does work and if there is something wrong the parts dont seem to be available. Any ideas what might be the actual faulty component that needs to be replaced.

#4 3 years ago

You won't know until you remove it and see if the visor works or not. If you cleaned everything really well that might have been why it was added - gunked up parts.

#5 3 years ago

That makes sense. I will try and remove it and give it a good clean. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-visor-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.