5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello! I need some help with my Pinbot Machine. I just purchased this machine and everything works as it should except for the visor. The visor will open but not all the way. It opens enough that you can still shoot both balls in their respective slots but I have seen other videos where the visor opens much higher. When the drops targets drop in front, I can sometimes hit the top of the visor with the ball. I need some help in how to troubleshoot the visor so it will open all the way as it should. Thank you.

#2 5 years ago

I'm working on a pinbot right now. Do you have any pics of what it looks like when it's open. Also how does the mechanism/ brackets look under the playfield. If it all looks good make sure it's no getting caught on any of the wires surrounding it.

#3 5 years ago

When the visor stops opening, can you hear the motor still trying to turn?

#4 5 years ago

The visor opens enough where you can still shoot the balls in each eye. But, it still doesn’t open all the way.

No, I don’t hear the motor still trying to turn when it stops opening.

I’ll check underneath the play field to make sure it’s not getting stuck on any wires. Thank you.

#5 5 years ago

You'll have to get a look at the visor mechanism under the playfield. I believe there are 2 microswitches that tell the visor motor when to stop--one for the up position, one for the down position. Perhaps one of those switches needs to be moved or adjusted to allow the visor to go down a bit further before it stops the motor. I don't have a Pinbot, but a buddy of mine does. If i get a chance to see him soon I'll get pics of the mech and see what i can figure out.

Be sure to search the archives here on pinside too, many Pinbot visor issues and fixes have been documented here on this site.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-visor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.