Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20150423_001.jpg
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG

#1 4 years ago

I got a home only use Pinbot yesterday afternoon and have been going over cleaning a couple decades of funk off the interior of the playfield.

There's 3 things I need to address.
1) The Up/Down Advance Switch on the inside of the coin door someone ripped some wires off of it, so I can't go through any procedures. How is this exactly wired up? I took a picture of what I'm looking at currently.

2) Next to that, seems the tilt has been disabled. Does this look properly wired and all I need is a bobber on that pole and a ball in the track there to re-enable that?

3) No picture -- Vortex. I can't get it much beyond 5000. Farthest was on the back side of that half up to 100K. I've de-gunked and polished the vortex, the playfield, and the ball ramp from the plunger with no improvement. I tried the moving around of the plunger itself with no benefit, do see the rubber tip is shot, little left on it. It doesn't appear to be warped but clearly people (not too much unlike me) who have little to no knowledge let this go or messed with it maybe?

One last thing, on boot it says Adjust Switch 22. I'm trying to thumb the manual on a PDF here, I think if I'm understanding this Pinbot is smart to X plays it has, after X plays it wants a reset (3000 default) is this correct? Clearly I could stop this if one of the two previous owners hadn't pulled some wires I imagine on accident.

IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG

#2 4 years ago

Hopefully this can provide a bit of assistance:
1. Attached pic of how mine is wired, don't have the manual on me right now to confirm what colored wires hook up where.
2. Looks correct, only need your plumb bob and roll ball to fully enable that functionality
3. Double check what color plunger spring it has, ideally it should be blue, red for a even more power.
4. Yeah, it has a setting to reset certain settings after so many plays, High scores, auto percentages, etc... To fully reset the settings, with the machine off, pull one of the AA batteries off the CPU board in the back box for a couple seconds, should force a factory reset of all settings.

WP_20150423_001.jpg
#3 4 years ago

What Pepse said.
Additionally, there is a sleeve in the shooter housing similar to a coil sleeve. That may be worn or gummed up. Try to clean/replace that and you may get some improvement. Also, polish the shooter rod with metal polish while you have it out of the sleeve. If the rod looks rough (or worse, rusted) replace it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waxahachie, TX
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside