(Topic ID: 54465)

Pinbot Topper Group buy - UPDATE - HERE IT IS!

By charliex

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4115 (resized).JPG
IMG_4091 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1518877554828.jpg
20180108_023702_resize (resized).jpg
20180105_211708_resize (resized).jpg
20180103_235503_resize (resized).jpg
20171220_125327 (resized).jpg
20171220_125142 (resized).jpg
20171220_125328 (resized).jpg
20171220_125147 (resized).jpg
20171205_221100 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103434_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103131_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103493_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103319_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171128_2117465_resize (resized).jpg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 5 years ago

Add me too, please.

1 week later
#252 5 years ago

I will also take one.

#253 5 years ago

Will you be able to post to Australia ?.. If so I would be keen to put my name down for a topper.. cheers

1 week later
#254 5 years ago

Here is the current list. I need a few more confirmed to meet the minimum based on the qty price.

Bumper - Confirmed
CollinT - Confimed
toro1966
Gogojohnnyquack
HighNoon
dirkdiggler
alexmogil - Confirmed
finman48127 - Confirmed
Mr-Jupiter - Confirmed
mrWol64 -Ship Quote

#255 5 years ago

Add me to the list, I'm sure I'll need one when I start the restore on my game.

#256 5 years ago

All these years now and I thought I had bought a pretty beat up Pinbot when I paid $750 for it in ‘91. Factory mylared, no broken spiral ramp, and the topper had only a few tiny cracks on one corner near a screw hole. Now I am wondering if a new topper is the least of my worries and if I want to or should get a repro just as an insurance policy on my original topper, like the insurance policy I got on my machine by buying a NOS bare pf, translite, visor assebly, spiral ramp, plastics set, and all the standup targets, and drop bank stickers and pf sticker sheet (all the ramp stickers) back when they were available. Hell I even got a black Jackbot spiral ramp to back up my rare orange NOS ramp. Talk about paranoid at the time.

To this day, I have never needed any of those. I shopped it, relamped it, replaced all the flasher power resistors and HUO play has saved him from his routed siblings fate.

Anyone else buying one as insurance? Kind of on the fence after 27 years of having all the spares in storage.

#257 5 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#258 5 years ago

No worries Bublehead, I have a problem with purchasing spare parts that are difficult to find. Wife hates it but I always think of my kids needing that part in 20 years when I'm long gone

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from wombat:

No worries Bublehead, I have a problem with purchasing spare parts that are difficult to find. Wife hates it but I always think of my kids needing that part in 20 years when I'm long gone

Its that fomo factor. Or when you need it its not available anymore like so many parts, because the ones that typically break are the one no longer left! Like the spiral ramp whick some is now making.

#260 5 years ago

Please take me (Gogojohnnyquack) off of the list ibjeepin . I was able to find a used one a while back. I appreciate you keeping track and remembering that I was looking for one!

For anyone who will need to build the flasher wiring harness, here are pics of my build where I made a simple loom with a 2x4 and nails to get the wires in place using the holes in the top of the head to set spacing. I ran the wires using the diagram in post #204, then removed the nails one at a time, screwed down a light socket in its place, trimmed/soldered the wires to the socket, and held everything in place with a lot of zip ties. Have fun!

IMG_4091 (resized).JPGIMG_4091 (resized).JPG

IMG_4115 (resized).JPGIMG_4115 (resized).JPG

#261 5 years ago

Gogojohnnyquack , great work, but you make me appreciate the shape my Pinbot topper was in when I bought it. I only had to replace all the flasher power resistors (that were almost all laying in the bottom of the cabinet) and relamp it. The power resisters make a huge difference on the light show. You would think they would make the flashers dimmer but it actually makes the flash brighter by reducing the lamp ramp up time. Worth replacing for those who have left them off.

#262 5 years ago

Please put me on your list for one topper. Thanks!

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Here is the current list. I need a few more confirmed to meet the minimum based on the qty price.

What's the number to meet minimum qtys?
I'm wondering (out loud) if it makes sense for me to "fill the gap" and offer these for sale at Pinball-Mods.com.

If this is something that interests you - let me know.

1 week later
#264 5 years ago

Here is the latest list. Its only 10 people confirmed. I have zitt who's thinking of filling a gap so it depends. Its close.

Bumper - Confirmed
CollinT - Confimed
toro1966 - Confrimed
alexmogil - Confirmed
finman48127 - Confirmed
Mr-Jupiter - Confirmed
mrWol64 - Confirmed
animesuperj - confirmed
Dok - confirmed
megadeth2600 - confirmed

If your are not on the list please let me know that I can add you

IBJ

Happy Thanksgiving all!

#265 5 years ago

...........can you add me in as well - Thanks

#266 5 years ago

Done, got you on the list. that makes 11, still need a few more to meet the quantities, but I am on another search this week for another vendor who will do smaller quantity for same price. Will let you all know.

IBJ

3 months later
#267 5 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Done, got you on the list. that makes 11, still need a few more to meet the quantities, but I am on another search this week for another vendor who will do smaller quantity for same price. Will let you all know.
IBJ

Checking in. Are we still below the threshold ?

1 week later
#268 5 years ago

IJB I sent you a pm. posting here also. Put me on the list for one.

1 month later
#269 4 years ago

PM'd as well, if you are still making these. please add me to the list..

#270 4 years ago

I just had inquiries from e-rock and volkdrive for toppers yesterday.

#271 4 years ago

Wondering if there is any update on the toppers here, if folks who were confirmed before have heard back, or are still waiting / wanting the topper ? Looking quickly looks like it has been several months with a post here or activity by ibjeepin on pinside at all..

#272 4 years ago

I was wondering about the Pinbot Topper, is this still active and are they available?

#273 4 years ago

Someone may have noted this above, but the guy who did the last run has not been on Pinside since early February. If he is like me, his Pinside messages forward to his phone so you might try sending him a pm.

#274 4 years ago

Interested in a topper for a Pinbot also.

#275 4 years ago

I think this post is a "zombie"...
I emailed the guy and he is out of them ... not producing new batch any soon...
He should close this post...

#276 4 years ago

A friend of mine told me he should be capable of building toppers following this technique
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinbot-topper

I will let you guys know how this goes.

He might be able to build some more...

#277 4 years ago

Maybe we can get a list of folks that would buy one ? I messaged Freeplay40, and even asked a guy I know who worked with plastic molds / etc, and could get these created, but would be about the same price as quoted here.. (Most of the cost was one time having them made in China...)

2 weeks later
#278 4 years ago

Need one also. Confirm cost when you can.

3 weeks later
#279 4 years ago

Hi all...I would commit to 5 of them depending on the end cost. Todd from TNT Amusements

#280 4 years ago

I need one also

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Hi all...I would commit to 5 of them depending on the end cost. Todd from TNT Amusements

Haha, I just bought a Pinbot with your sticker on it from 2007, sure enough it’s missing the topper!

#282 4 years ago

I'm selling a very nice topper right now on Ebay. I purchased this particular topper in 1996.

#283 4 years ago

I’ll take one

#284 4 years ago

Can you ship.to Canada?? If so let me know the price interested in one..

1 month later
#285 4 years ago

is this done or is anyone working on these again? i just broke mine in a moving accident

2 months later
#286 4 years ago

Looking for a topper. Thanks! Jr

3 weeks later
#287 4 years ago

Just bought a Pinbot and my topper is cracked. Put me down for one if these are produced.

1 month later
#288 4 years ago

I am just in the process of purchasing a PINBOT, I would be very interested in purchasing one of these, is there going to be another run?
cheers
Trevor

3 months later
#289 3 years ago

Bump for more toppers.

I’ll take one.

2 months later
#290 3 years ago

Hello,
I made a new Pin*Bot topper for myself since my original melted and decided to make a few more for you folks on Pinside. Here's my ad on Pinside;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/98819

6 months later
#291 3 years ago

looking for pinbot topper also

#292 3 years ago

Check with Starship Fantasy. I believe he's trying to make them soon.

#293 3 years ago

Please take me off the list.

#294 3 years ago

Ok thanks Mark

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-group-buy/page/6?hl=rfisherj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.