(Topic ID: 54465)

Pinbot Topper Group buy - UPDATE - HERE IT IS!

By charliex

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4115 (resized).JPG
IMG_4091 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1518877554828.jpg
20180108_023702_resize (resized).jpg
20180105_211708_resize (resized).jpg
20180103_235503_resize (resized).jpg
20171220_125327 (resized).jpg
20171220_125142 (resized).jpg
20171220_125328 (resized).jpg
20171220_125147 (resized).jpg
20171205_221100 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103434_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103131_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103493_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171125_2103319_resize (resized).jpg
IMG_20171128_2117465_resize (resized).jpg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago

Got mine hand delivered (thanks to geographic convenience). Topper looks great and a pleasure to meet IBJ. Thanks again for taking the initiative to recreate these for us!

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

Ibjeepin, thanks for the topper. I received it today and it looks great! Don't forget to share the schematic or pictures of the topper wiring when you get a chance. Thanks!

Great to hear! I have been waiting for replies! I am still waiting to get the harness from my buddies machine will update as soon as I get it.

IBJ

PS: All toppers were shipped for those that paid. I guess most should be seeing them in the next day or so.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Got mine hand delivered (thanks to geographic convenience). Topper looks great and a pleasure to meet IBJ. Thanks again for taking the initiative to recreate these for us!

Thanks, it was great meeting another pinhead that is passionate about pinball. I dont get out that often!

#204 6 years ago

Got mine today, and it looks amazing! Thanks for taking such good care to get it right. Heres a quick diagram for the harness, hope it helps. The circles on the left were to help indicate where the original wire from the connector goes, all corresponding wires on the right are daisy chained.

20171205_221100 (resized).jpg20171205_221100 (resized).jpg

#205 6 years ago

Mneubey! Thats it! This is what we need!

Thanks for the feedback on the Topper!

I ordered these I believe this is the connector needed

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=03-06-2061

and these are the pins

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=02-06-2103

#206 6 years ago

If there are any other toppers remaining to be sold, I am interested in buying one also.

#207 6 years ago

RenegadeFred

Yes there are a few left. They have not been sprayed yet as I did the first dozen and covered everything in the entire shop with red overspray dust! I dont have a spray booth. So I am trying to figure out what to do to spray the rest.

#208 6 years ago

ibjeepin

Thanks for the response. When you do figure out what to do with the rest, consider me a buyer. I've got a lot to do to my PinBot so I am in no hurry. I'll have funds set aside for when the time comes however. Thanks.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from RenegadeFred:

ibjeepin
Thanks for the response. When you do figure out what to do with the rest, consider me a buyer. I've got a lot to do to my PinBot so I am in no hurry. I'll have funds set aside for when the time comes however. Thanks.

Will do I just need to figure out how to not make things redder in the shop!

#210 6 years ago

I'm in for one too. I'm about to start my restore. How many do you have left?

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevin-Kay:

I'm in for one too. I'm about to start my restore. How many do you have left?

I originally ordered 24 and 12 were sold, of that i have had some losses during mfg. I think I have about 8 left give or take.

#212 6 years ago

Payment sent. Thanks!

#213 6 years ago

So it looks like everyone except for one person who has a buddy sending it to him, has their toppers from the first paint run.

I have had feedback from some people on the topper and everyone so far is happy with the work, this make me happy that all the hard work is appreciated by fellow pinballers. I thanks everyone for participating allowing me to do this project.

The first group was 12 people and my order was for 22 toppers. There has been some losses from trimming and damage or scratches that I would not accept so I will not sell them as they are not perfect. Therefore based on what I have left and what I still need to trim, there are about 6-8 pieces left.

I have on person who has paid for paint run 2. I am accepting paid orders for paint run 2 right now as I now know when I will have time to build a paint booth (a wood one) and get the rest of the 8 or so toppers completed. December 27-29th and will be shipped out Jan 2-3rd. Again orders will be shipped on a first paid first shipped basis. Once this round it done I will be out of toppers and will consider the project complete.

Please send payment to [email protected]. With your payment please make sure I have your pinside handle and your address. Once payment is received I will ship to your PP confirmed address when I ship it and send you a tracking number.

#214 6 years ago

Thank you for posting the diagram for the wiring for the Pinbot topper.

Quick question: Do the wires you labeled 2 and 3 go to the center pin or body of the lamp holder?

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

So it looks like everyone except for one person who has a buddy sending it to him, has their toppers from the first paint run.
I have had feedback from some people on the topper and everyone so far is happy with the work, this make me happy that all the hard work is appreciated by fellow pinballers. I thanks everyone for participating allowing me to do this project.
The first group was 12 people and my order was for 22 toppers. There has been some losses from trimming and damage or scratches that I would not accept so I will not sell them as they are not perfect. Therefore based on what I have left and what I still need to trim, there are about 6-8 pieces left.
I have on person who has paid for paint run 2. I am accepting paid orders for paint run 2 right now as I now know when I will have time to build a paint booth (a wood one) and get the rest of the 8 or so toppers completed. December 27-29th and will be shipped out Jan 2-3rd. Again orders will be shipped on a first paid first shipped basis. Once this round it done I will be out of toppers and will consider the project complete.
Please send payment to [email protected]. With your payment please make sure I have your pinside handle and your address. Once payment is received I will ship to your PP confirmed address when I ship it and send you a tracking number.

Got it. Looks great... thanks again

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Quick question: Do the wires you labeled 2 and 3 go to the center pin or body of the lamp holder?

Quoted from Mneubey:

Got mine today, and it looks amazing! Thanks for taking such good care to get it right. Heres a quick diagram for the harness, hope it helps. The circles on the left were to help indicate where the original wire from the connector goes, all corresponding wires on the right are daisy chained.

See Below Question! Thanks!

Quoted from leesparts:

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Guari777:

See Below Question! Thanks!

I believe flasher are ac so it not important to whether is tip or outside so long as you are consistent. Can anyone confirm?

#218 6 years ago

Yes, That is what I figured out. Was worried about LED bulbs, but a quick test showed it did not matter.

#219 6 years ago

Looks great! Beats the hell out of my previous topper

Thanks so much for doing this!!!!

20171220_125147 (resized).jpg20171220_125147 (resized).jpg

20171220_125328 (resized).jpg20171220_125328 (resized).jpg

20171220_125142 (resized).jpg20171220_125142 (resized).jpg

20171220_125327 (resized).jpg20171220_125327 (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Looks great! Beats the hell out of my previous topper
Thanks so much for doing this!!!!

Gutz

Thanks for the pics I am jealous, I have not yet got mine installed yet! you know the shoemaker with holes in his shoes bit

First time I seen pics in action. I tested it with static leds. How's it look?

2 weeks later
#221 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Gutz
Thanks for the pics I am jealous, I have not yet got mine installed yet! you know the shoemaker with holes in his shoes bit
First time I seen pics in action. I tested it with static leds. How's it look?

I think it looks great. I don't have much to compare it to (see my previous 1/2 missing broken topper), but I think the reproduction is slightly more opaque and I think it diffuses/blends the flashing lamps better. It produces a smoother effect and I like it! The pics are using incandescent 89 lamps.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I think it looks great. I don't have much to compare it to (see my previous 1/2 missing broken topper), but I think the reproduction is slightly more opaque and I think it diffuses/blends the flashing lamps better. It produces a smoother effect and I like it! The pics are using incandescent 89 lamps.

I think the hardest part of the project was trying to match the red paint / color that the original topper used which is very difficult due to the changes in paint chemistry over 30 years. First was the color match then trying to get the opacity right. Then came trying to spray it to make it consistent. It was hard.

#223 6 years ago

Happy New Year!

I wanted to Update everyone on the last remaining toppers that I was scheduled to complete and ship January. I finaly managed to get the spray booth built! It took longer than I expected due to several food comas over the holidays!

I have the remaing toppers spray and I am finishing the drilling, the mylar and then will get them boxed and sent by tuesday for all those paid and waiting. I thing I will have about 5 left at that point for anyone else interested in one.

IBJ

Here are some pics;

20180103_235503_resize (resized).jpg20180103_235503_resize (resized).jpg

20180105_211708_resize (resized).jpg20180105_211708_resize (resized).jpg

20180108_023702_resize (resized).jpg20180108_023702_resize (resized).jpg

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

I think the hardest part of the project was trying to match the red paint / color that the original topper used which is very difficult due to the changes in paint chemistry over 30 years. First was the color match then trying to get the opacity right. Then came trying to spray it to make it consistent. It was hard.

Job well done!

2 weeks later
#225 6 years ago

Please tell me you have some Pinbot Toppers left. I purchased a pinbot missing a Topper. Please send me information on how to purchase.

#226 6 years ago

Please I need a pinbot topper. Someone pm me or call me of text me if you have one left. 310 743 4015.

#227 6 years ago

Any left? Please PM me or call, text at 661-510-5071. THANK YOU!!!

1 week later
#228 6 years ago

I will take one if any left.
Can send PayPal when you say the word.
Thx,
Robbie

#229 6 years ago

Finally got my Pinbot up and Running. A couple of transistors and full LEDS. This Topper was the cherry on top ! Thanks to Ibjeepin for this awesome Topper.

FB_IMG_1518877554828.jpgFB_IMG_1518877554828.jpg

#230 6 years ago

My topper came in earlier this week. It looks freaking sweet. Thanks Ibjeepin for your hard work! I can't wait to get my pinbot home and fully working.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from spacemonkey555:

Finally got my Pinbot up and Running. A couple of transistors and full LEDS. This Topper was the cherry on top ! Thanks to Ibjeepin for this awesome Topper.

Looks good! Thanks for the update and picture. Looks like everyone of them is goon shortly. I would like to thanks all of you for helping by participating. I could not have done it without all of you making it a large enough project to foot the expense!

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Looks good! Thanks for the update and picture. Looks like everyone of them is goon shortly. I would like to thanks all of you for helping by participating. I could not have done it without all of you making it a large enough project to foot the expense!

Thanks for doing the project!

2 months later
#233 5 years ago

Any toppers left? Any plans on another run of them being made?

#234 5 years ago

I'm also interested in the group purchase.

#235 5 years ago

I’d be in on a second run if that ever happens.

—Luke

1 week later
#236 5 years ago

Guys, I have none left right now but if we get enough people to make another run I will do it again. It just theat the manufacturer has a "setup" charge! Yeah I know I think it bogus but .... I am going to have a look to see if I can get them from somewhere else this time.

IBJ

1 week later
#237 5 years ago

In on one if you make another run. Add me to the list

2 months later
#238 5 years ago

Add me to the list too. My topper is not 100%. Maybe the manufacturer can do it now without "setup" charge because he has done it before?

I also see pinsiders in other topics what are not in this topic asking for one. How many people do you have on the list already?

2 weeks later
#239 5 years ago

How do I get a Pinbot topper. I am willing topay top dollar.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

You'll have to wait it out, scavenging old threads and eBay, while hoping that someone takes on the project and reproduces them again. Try contacting some of the people in this forum who have reproduced them, they may have a mistake or the original used to make the form that you could recondition. Then you will have to build the bulb harness.

2 weeks later
#241 5 years ago

Hey i'm back. I finally am going to have some time to get some more made. everyone whos been waiting and still wants one let me know here and ill make a list.

Thanks
IBJ

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

Hey i'm back. I finally am going to have some time to get some more made. everyone whos been waiting and still wants one let me know here and ill make a list.
Thanks
IBJ

Great! ibjeepin ‘s topper is first class. I got one about 10 moths ago and love it!

#243 5 years ago

Mine is undamaged but faded.....I'm not sure if I could justify postage to Australia but I am interested to know what it would cost?

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I am seeing another thermoforming company today to get a quote.

#245 5 years ago

Thanks for working on this!

#246 5 years ago

ibjeepin I am interested in 1 Topper. Thank you

#247 5 years ago

OK its Official! The project is underway. I have secured a vendor , just need ing to know the total for this run.

I Got so Far

Bumper - Confirmed
CollinT - Confimed
toro1966
Gogojohnnyquack
HighNoon
dirkdiggler

Anyone not confirmed please verify that you still need one.
anyone else contact me or leave a message in this thread. I will be checking here more often.

IBJ

#248 5 years ago

Can you quote an approximate price range with shipping (US)?

#249 5 years ago

Add me, please.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Can you quote an approximate price range with shipping (US)?

Last run was 170 shipped to lower 48 . The cost of shipping was a little higher than expected and has gone up but the new price from a different vendor is slightly cheaper based on 21 units. Therefore I can keep the same price as before 170 shipped lower 48. As before when I am actually ready to get the money out to the vendor and have a definitive timeline to ship date I will ask for payments. Toppers will go out on a first paid first out process.

I am open to sending anywhere but will have to figure out shipping costs on each.

List so far

Bumper - Confirmed
CollinT - Confimed
toro1966
Gogojohnnyquack
HighNoon
dirkdiggler
alexmogil - Confirmed

IBJ

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-group-buy/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.