7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mstire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The switch itself is new and the diode if good. I pulled the plugs from 1J10 and 1J8 from the CPU and put a test light on pin 7 and pin 2 respectively. (these are the wires that go to the right lane change switch) Closed the switch and have continuity.

I just got my CPU back from being repaired (for a different issue) and was assured everything tested as working 100%

Everything else on the game works as it should.

Am I missing something? Is there anything else I should be looking at?

#3 7 years ago

Stacked with the flipper EOS switch.

#5 7 years ago

Yes, every switch on row 3 and column 2 are working as well as everything else on this game. This is my last issue to figure out.

This switch does not pass the switch edge test.

What else to look for if the only 2 wires on this switch go straight back to the CPU?

#7 7 years ago

Now you have raised suspicion. I replaced the switch with a new one and it had the diode installed. Even if I did get the 2 wire swapped would it make a difference?

I have continuity through the switch back to the CPU when switch is closed.

I'll be able to go home for lunch in a couple hours and take a picture and have another look.

Will report back.

#9 7 years ago

Problem fixed. Diode was reversed.

I wired the new switch exactly like the old one but I guess I assumed the diode would come oriented the same as the old.

Another lesson learned.

Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens
Backbox
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-system-11-right-lane-change-switch-not-working?tu=mstire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.