Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by waynestatemac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190203_224611 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190203_224539 (resized).jpg

#1 77 days ago

Hello guys,

I have an intermittent issue where if I'm playing Pinbot and either of the flippers is activated it's counting a hit to the right bank targets. The left flipper will activate switch switch 34, which makes sense because the left lane change is on that circuit per the switch matrix table. The right flipper will activate switch 35, which also makes sense as the right lane change is on that circuit per the switch matrix table. When I run the switch test and use the flippers however I do not see switch 34 or 35 activate, only see the lane change swtich show up on the display.

Any ideas what I should look for, I was going to start with looking at the diodes to see if any have shorted on the bank targets. I don't see any shorting on the EOS swtiches and lane change switches. The EOS switches do arc like crazy, I might change the flipper coils out for parallel coils soon as there starting to feel weak.

Thanks!

#2 77 days ago

See the section on phantom switch closures - scroll way down:
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index3.htm#switch

#3 77 days ago

Maybe there is no problem with switches! Could be that the gap on one of the right targets is too tight! Go into switch test and bang your fist onto the pf. and look if the switch number comes up.

#4 77 days ago

Thanks guys I finally figured it out. Diodes all tested good. Switch test worked correctly and hitting the playfield didn't activate switches. I also held be back the two targets so there contacts wouldn't touch and used the flippers and the lights on pinbots chest lit for hits on the targets. I was stumped until I noticed that the fliptronics springs I added a few months ago would occasionally rub the lane change switch and that would cause the issue. At first glance they don't touch but if you beat on the flipper button that will sometimes slap the switch. Seems like the screws that hold the switches together are grounded and caused the issue.

IMG_20190203_224539 (resized).jpgIMG_20190203_224611 (resized).jpg
#5 77 days ago
Quoted from waynestatemac:

I might change the flipper coils out for parallel coils soon as there starting to feel weak.

They are weak because the EOS switch is worn out and should be replaced.

#6 73 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They are weak because the EOS switch is worn out and should be replaced.

Note taken. I'm gonna order new EOS switches. Those look like the originals and I noticed on the new ones they have a insulator.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside