Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Tanooki
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I haven't had a problem with the wiring on this thing the little over a week I've had it. I turned it on a moment ago and it is kicking up a complaint about switch 40 and 45 which I know is related to the ramp.

I popped the top, saw the brown wire was almost detached. I heated up the solder and got the old off and put some new. It seemed to be fine for one powering on and play. But when I turned it off and tried it again it started to whine once more about the 2 switches.

I know this is fairly general but what can I do about this? I'm pretty out of it on doing much technical, I have my limits as I can't read schematics, but is there something I can do or am I going to have to place a call on this?

EDIT: It's working again, for this moment. This seems to be intermittent which of course if it is will be maddening. It appears I get the glass off, pull it up, do nothing but look at it, then place it back down, and it's fine. I flip the switch, still fine, clear out the old audits of errors, reset again, still fine. What could make it just randomly get pissy?

#2 9 years ago

Systems 11 machines of that era complain about stuck switches if the switch has not been activated in a while. It assumes that if it has not been registered during game play that it must not be working. It is not uncommon for some of the harder shots to report as stuck.

#3 9 years ago

So likely it's just something to ignore because now it's whining about switch 45 again after playing a few, then powering it down. I'm not good at hitting that shot so I rarely if ever hit it. For some reason I can hit most the rest of the board but that whole ramp I just don't hit well at all.

Mechanically I know it works, the switch clicks and detects fine when I cleared the audits too and it will pop up and down during the attract mode as well. That's why it's a puzzle to me.

#4 9 years ago

Start a game with the glass off and make the shot by hand. It should clear the stuck switch error.

#5 9 years ago

I'll try that, thanks. I know my ramp is a tad low as the ball will scrape it as it goes in there, but it hasn't been an issue until now. Hell I just got my highest score ever on the thing over a good million off my last 4346710 with like 3 extra balls out of it (5 ball game.)

Well no it appears I have an issue. It pops the ramp up then falls back down, so the solenoid is working but it's not catching to keep the ramp up so the ball can go in there. The switch itself appears fine too as it sees things as does the target in back. Not really sure how the hell to fix that one.

Edit: May have fixed it. That solitary screw on the bottom of that plate that wraps around the metal that locks into place to keep that ramp up was slightly loose. Tightened it a good bit more and it appears to be playing nice now like it was. Maybe it worked loose over 30 years. I'm also noticing on some occasion my ball gets caught up top when the array of targets is down as it's not flush. If there's a tweak for that, might as well do it while I have it open.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-switch-40-and-45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.