4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by nhman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

New to forum and pinball. Just brought home pinbot. Playfield great condition cabinent needs work. Not sure on electronics

Game starts and plays. When turned on the match game clunker activates 4 times. Not sure where to begin with electronics. Is this a setting in the menu or a short.

Also have the visor not remaining flush issue, but have found posts on how to proceed with that fix

Thanks in advance for answering a newbie question

#2 4 years ago

The rapid fire knocker you hear on start up is a warning that there is a switch issue - that is, one is closed that should not be closed. Look at the display when this happens, it might tell you which switch is the issue. Look at the switch map in the back of the manual to locate that switch, and take a look at it.

I highly recommend you fix the switch with power off, then turn on the machine to see if its fixed. If the switch looks good, its possible the switch has not been activated during a game for awhile, so the machine thinks there is a problem with that switch. Simple fix for that is to start a game with playfield glass off, and roll a ball into that switch area.

Keep us informed, and welcome to the world of pinball.

#3 4 years ago

You can turn off that setting in the menus, it's called 'switch alarm knocker'. It will still report issues with switches, just not with the loud knocking.

To clear switch reports you go into switch test and activate the switch manually... you'll have to do that anyway to test it. Don't do it with the playfield up since you're new and as Bill said, DO NOT adjust switches with the power on. System 11 games like pinbot have lots of solenoid voltage very near to switches, and you will blow up a lot of stuff if solenoid voltage gets into the switch matrix.

It might be as simple as you haven't hit a switch in 30 games. Happens with some regularity on mine as there's lot of new pinball people playing them and they don't hit certain shots (or, in the case of earthshaker, the plunger isn't making it up my spiral for some reason.... have to fix that)

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for replies! Am new to pinball and just picked two sys 11 games last weekend. Pinbot and huricane. After I posted this I finally had time to skim the manual and found some answers as u have so graciously provided. Appreciate you helping a newbie with stupid questions that are in the manuals!
    Will turn off knocker and then look for switches. Having fun learning. Huricane needs new plastic ramps. What I have is playable, but poorly patched by previous owner. Getting new plastic seems to be a bit of the search for holy grail..And on pinbot having the ball hang on top of target visor when it drops so need to see if I can adjust that. Have found some posts and have guidance for fixing this.

yes I do get the msgs on the display so I can track them down

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-startup-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.