(Topic ID: 10533)

Pinbot sound issue

By brz

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a Pinbot that loses speech after being on for 15 minutes.The speech will not return until the game is turned off and back on again.The other sounds of the game are fine,just the speech.When it goes out I can put it in the sound test where 7 sounds are suppose to be made.The sounds from 1 through 5 are fine,6 and 7 are out.I have replaced some bad caps on the sound board but it did not help.Could it be the speech ROM?

#2 12 years ago

We just went through this on a Bally squalk and talk....Sound would stop after some time of play. Turn machine off it'd come back. Turned out a bad IC chip was causing it. The way it was discovered was to use some freeze spray and when the sound goes out, start spraying components on your sound board. When the sound comes back, you'll have found the bad IC, that's going out when it gets hot.

#3 12 years ago

Would this IC be on the sound board or the CPU?

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

start spraying components on your sound board.

#5 12 years ago

It's the 55536 on the mpu. Going through the exact same thing with mine. My research has shown it to be this. I can't find them anywhere, so if you find them, let me know. I have heard you can use a 55564 instead, but want to confirm that first.

By the way, nice avatar - just saw Tool at the JLC in my city - amazing show. I love them.

#6 12 years ago

Thanks Atomicboy,could you share more info about this.What game are you working with?How did you come to this conclusion?What places have you looked for this IC.Thanks for your response,this could save me alot of time and head ache.

#7 12 years ago

Same thing - pinbot of mine which has the voice and most sounds cut out after 20 min or so, but music is fine. This chip handles the voice calls, and I researched it on RGP. This type of issue is associated to this chip from everything I could find. The IC is failing.

#8 12 years ago

I did some research on this IC and found that Marco has them for about $19.00.I will give this a try and let you know.This IC is called a Continuously Variable Slope Delta-De modulator.Who comes up with this stuff?

#9 12 years ago

BRZ, let me know if you can't find the chip. I can find it for you like i did the magnet rom for Twister.

#10 12 years ago

Sorry to hijack a quick question, but I thought it was more efficient than starting a seperate thread.
Pinbot owners, Is the Backbox to this machine easily removable/reattachable? or is it a pain in the ass?

Good luck to brz on repairing your sound issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.