New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190087)

Pinbot Sound Fix, w/ Rottendog 11A MPU ?

By calico1997

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by calico1997
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).PNG
image2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago

I'm having the same issues with an Elvira and the Party Monsters. Callouts are deafining, and the background noise is driving me insane. Can you tell me specifically what changes you made to the system 11B sound board, as (at least on mine) there's no potentiometer on the sound board. Thanks!

Quoted from calico1997:

Yes. It was it has been the same issue for me and basically the same fix. The sound was intolerable and probably on the verge of damaging some hardware. Difference is that I put the pot on the board instead of in the wire. The sound is not perfect but decent now. I previously tested this Rottendog board in Swords of Fury which is Sys 11B. Same damn problem with the digitized sounds. Probably as you pointed out, one of the resistors in the schematic are not what's on the board and Rottendog missed this. What gets me is they have not supported customer complaints and several suppliers now refuse to even sell the 11A-11B daughter board system from Rottendog. I think the 11C games are okay though, as they don't use the daughter board.
But I was also told by someone this week that Rottendog just sold their business to someone else. Perhaps that entity will make improvements. There's just a ton of System 11 games out there and many burned up boards. We need alternatives and the Kohaut boards are not being made as of January 2017. : (

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
West Deptford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside