(Topic ID: 190087)

Pinbot Sound Fix, w/ Rottendog 11A MPU ?

By calico1997

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1278 (resized).JPG
image1 (resized).PNG
image2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

I'm having the same issues with an Elvira and the Party Monsters. Callouts are deafining, and the background noise is driving me insane. Can you tell me specifically what changes you made to the system 11B sound board, as (at least on mine) there's no potentiometer on the sound board. Thanks!

Quoted from calico1997:

Yes. It was it has been the same issue for me and basically the same fix. The sound was intolerable and probably on the verge of damaging some hardware. Difference is that I put the pot on the board instead of in the wire. The sound is not perfect but decent now. I previously tested this Rottendog board in Swords of Fury which is Sys 11B. Same damn problem with the digitized sounds. Probably as you pointed out, one of the resistors in the schematic are not what's on the board and Rottendog missed this. What gets me is they have not supported customer complaints and several suppliers now refuse to even sell the 11A-11B daughter board system from Rottendog. I think the 11C games are okay though, as they don't use the daughter board.
But I was also told by someone this week that Rottendog just sold their business to someone else. Perhaps that entity will make improvements. There's just a ton of System 11 games out there and many burned up boards. We need alternatives and the Kohaut boards are not being made as of January 2017. : (

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creech927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-sound-fix-w-rottendog-11a-mpu?tu=creech927 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.