(Topic ID: 242657)

SOLVED: Pinbot solenoid issues (the game is going crazy and so am I lol)

By jmountjoy111

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pia (resized).PNG
pia (resized).PNG
pb cpu (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpg
3997CF3C-52D6-4F52-913D-8DEB0FD5F89E (resized).jpeg
pb1 (resized).PNG
pb (resized).PNG
u-49 (resized).PNG
707716FB-02B0-4B7E-A62B-FA3553FD2C78 (resized).jpeg
0F4125F6-CB6A-43E3-994B-CB90DFB867A5 (resized).jpeg
72F44748-7243-46E0-8736-9023B705C18E (resized).jpeg
C7010A4C-926B-4FEF-A87A-B16B766072E3 (resized).jpeg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

But disconnect J-11,J-12 and J-19 so a coil wont lock on.

Would I just test the pins on these like I did the j19 pins earlier to see?

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Then yes of course I will test them all. I didn’t know and certainly didn’t want to mess this thing up again lol.

I would see about sending back any that do not allow the game to boot up.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I would see about sending back any that do not allow the game to boot up.

I’m not even sure where I bought them honestly. I’ve had them for ever. I had used some before in machines I am sure, so I bet they do work.

I had three of them in this machine and it booted up it just locked the coils, which could have just been that I had not replaced u54... I’m assuming the battery damage caused it’s failure too it just was not visibly evident as the others were

#104 4 years ago

Would I just test the pins on these like I did the j19 pins earlier to see?

Yep.

#105 4 years ago

I had three of them in this machine and it booted up it just locked the coils, which could have just been that I had not replaced u54... I’m assuming the battery damage caused it’s failure too it just was not visibly evident as the others were

As Grumpy mentioned, the 6821 are counterfeit, and that was one way they failed, locked on transistors. Boot up failures are most of the ones I got that were DOA.

Nope, it was not caused battery damage.

#106 4 years ago

As Grumpy mentioned, the 6821 are counterfeit, and that was one way they failed, locked on transistors. Boot up failures are most of the ones I got that were DOA.
Nope, it was not caused battery damage.

I understand what you’re saying but the coils locked on with the factory 6821 chips on the board before they were replaced with the counterfeit ones. The one I replaced at the end that was causing the locked coils (u54) was still a factory 6821. The machine has always booted though. The machine worked when I got it but it had battery damage. I just assumed that the “previously repaired” board damage was the culprit of the problems. But I don’t really know lol

#107 4 years ago

I agree about the factory ones being damaged.

Continue on.

#108 4 years ago

I agree about the factory ones being damaged.
Continue on.

I don’t really understand all of this stuff but I feel like I’m learning a ton about it by trying to fix these. I really do appreciate all the help I’m getting. I probably sound like an idiot most of the time but I just ask so many questions cause I don’t want to mess anything up putting the counterfeit ones back in the board lol.

#109 4 years ago

Since Grumpy had you to unplug the coil connections, you are ok to test them without any damage.

We all have started somewhere.

#110 4 years ago

I probably sound like an idiot most of the time but I just ask so many questions cause I don’t want to mess anything up

Your questions were always on point to me.

I don’t want to mess anything up putting the counterfeit ones back in the board lol.

Then don't, I was just curious as to whether they were part of the cause or not. Now it sounds like it was a factory U-54 and a couple of other things that cause your headaches.

Enjoy your success.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Then don't, I was just curious as to whether they were part of the cause or not. Now it sounds like it was a factory U-54 and a couple of other things that cause your headaches.

I will test them out. If nothing else I’m just getting more practice and additional knowledge in understanding the problems. I was just explaining to him why I was being cautious. It will be a couple of days before I am able to get back to the machine but I will report back what I find with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-solenoid-issues-the-game-is-going-crazy-and-so-am-i-lol/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.