You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

startbutton.jpg
wires1.jpg
credit_switch.jpg
ajustment.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scubadiver6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Hello all -

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but it is the best source of info I found yet to assist me with an issue I'm having.

Yesterday, I took delivery of my first pinball machine - Taxi. (I'm very new to this hobby....)

I was looking to re-configure the difficulty to "easy" for my kids, but cannot enter the "audit" or "adjustment" modes - I can only enter diagnostics. After reading the manual and following its instructions, it appears that my "Auto Up / Manual Down" button is "kinda" stuck in the down position.

And here is why I say "kinda": Mechanically, the button moves up and down. However, no matter what position the button is physically in, I can only get the game into diagnostic mode - which according to the manual, I can only access when the "Auto Up / Manual Down" button is in the down position. So I am assuming that while the button itself physically moves up and down, something inside the switch is faulty.

I power the machine off, click the button "up", turn the machine back on, click the "advance" button - I go into diagnostics mode. I power the machine off again, click the button "down" turn the machine back on, click the advance button, and I still go into diagnostics mode.

For what it's worth, I can click the button up and down dozens of times... It "feels" like it is operating normally... I was also able to reset the high scores without any issues.

Anybody experience this before?

Can somebody recommend something I can use to clean it?

- Bob

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply....

I will keep playing with the buttons I guess.... I also ordered some plastic-safe contact cleaner, so I will give that a shot, too.

1 week later
#10 10 years ago

Thanks for all the replies... Actually, what seemed to work for me was a couple shots of contact cleaner per my previous post. No issues since!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scubadiver6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-service-switch?tu=scubadiver6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.