• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

669963670.png
0F8781C1-D2D7-4C2A-A323-A897592DFA86 (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Hello I have a pinbot this is scoring 10 points like switch is stuck but in service mode does not show switch problem and I have checked all switches on playfield for gap and can not find problem switch. Is there a matrix for switches that shows value to help find this problem?

#2 4 years ago

it is probably i stuck switch behind a rubber bumper....put in switch test, maybe more than one actual switch uses that switch number....

#4 4 years ago

Which switch is it? Is there a cap on the switch? The cap may be failing.

Here is the matrix:

0F8781C1-D2D7-4C2A-A323-A897592DFA86 (resized).png0F8781C1-D2D7-4C2A-A323-A897592DFA86 (resized).png

#5 4 years ago

Looks like switch 56, 59 and 60 are the only 10 point switches on the game. You can see them on column 7 & 8 on the switch matrix chart.

(Apologies, i had to edit my post to include 59 as another commenter pointed out)
669963670.png669963670.png

#7 4 years ago

Sorry. Just realized you can’t figure out which switch it is. There is likely some other clue to the switch. A light or sound associated with the particular switch. Play around with the switches to try to locate it.

#8 4 years ago

working with pinbot that will advance the score on it's own when you start the game it will start at 80 points and if you use the flippers will advance by 20 points. Sometimes will advance by 10 points have checked all the switches without being about to find the problem any other thing you think I could look for ?

Thanks for any help

#9 4 years ago

It could be the wiring lugs on one of the switches got mashed together or a diode got bent somehow and is contacting something it shouldn't. I'd take a look at the switches from underneath the playfield and make sure everything looks ok there.

#10 4 years ago

Still working to find this problem I have tried everything you have suggested but still have not found the problem what the pinball is doing is scoring on it's own some times 10 points and sometime 20 point it will do it when you press either flopper or or any of the ball ejects that Pinbot uses. I have looked at all switches and under play field for anything shorted together but have not found anything any thing else you can think of I can try

Thank

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from billblfd:

Still working to find this problem I have tried everything you have suggested but still have not found the problem what the pinball is doing is scoring on it's own some times 10 points and sometime 20 point it will do it when you press either flopper or or any of the ball ejects that Pinbot uses. I have looked at all switches and under play field for anything shorted together but have not found anything any thing else you can think of I can try
Thank

Are you sure there isn't a switch that is gapped too closely? This is very symptomatic of coil vibration triggering a switch. Perhaps stick a piece of paper between the contacts on the 10 point switches previously identified so they can't close and flip the flippers. Will it still happen?

#12 4 years ago

Did you put the game in switch test mode and see which switch appears to be activating?

Did you take the rubbers off and bend every possible offending switch open so they are not nearly anywhere touching each other?

#13 4 years ago

I agree that it looks like should be one of the 10 point switches does not show any problem in service mode. I have moved the rubbers away from the switches but thanks for your help i will keep looking in that area to see if I can find what is causing it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-scoring-10-points-like-switch-is-stuck-help-please- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.