• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shogun00
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

I've had my pins folded up for ~2 years while we were finishing out basement.

Figured I would start with Pin*bot trying to get it up and running first as I knew there were a few issues. I tracked down and fixed most things but I am stuck on these two:

1) The right sling shot switches do not work. The scoring switch does work and the coil fires in test mode. These switches are not part of the switch matrix so I am a bit lost on what to look for.

2) I have all the sound effects but I do not have any music. I previously replaced all the eproms with new ones. I swapped out the sound board with one I had when I had another System 11 in the house and the sound board works fine. I have read that some of the sound is generated on the MPU as well as the soundboard in pinbot so I probably have an issue somewhere on the MPU.

For what its worth, For several years neither of these were an issue and the game operated 100%

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Dave

#2 2 years ago

1.) Port 1J18 on the MPU is for the special solenoid switches. Also, there is a bit more detail on Pinwiki.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_System_9_-_11#Special_solenoid_problems

2.) How many bongs are your hearing at startup?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-right-sling-switches-and-no-music-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.