IMG_4037 (resized).JPG
IMG_4271 (resized).JPG
IMG_6583 (resized).JPG
IMG_6587 (resized).JPG
IMG_6348 (resized).JPG
IMG_6204 (resized).JPG
IMG_6199 (resized).JPG
IMG_4464 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all!
I just started my Pinbot restoration this week-end. I received my stencils this week and thought storing them for a few months but I guess I got itchy. I wasn’t planning to start yet but hell, let’s do it!

It’s my second restoration but my first full cabinet inside out strip which I’m going to paint with Pinball Pimp Jeff’s stencils.

My playfield is very good with factory mylar. I’ll meditate if I take it off or just polish it as is.

I got a new set of plastics and a new vortex ramp. The game was already LED throughout. Overall, the top side was already pretty neat. I’m going to strip it down and clean through fully and replace a few components like rubbers, lane guides, polish ramp flaps, new fasteners, etc.

The bottom side will get deep cleaning, I’ll redo flippers and drop down target assembly. My visor targets were re-done right after I just bought it. I’ll shotgun replace coil sleeves, coil wrappers, etc.

He’s the first few pictures, from this week-end. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to work but I’ll try to post progress pictures and comment as I go.

Please give your tips and trick. I'm a beginner!

I got about 5 hours in so far. I un-did everything without power tool and took enough picture I hope. I was thinking about re-using the ground braid but I might very well replace it.

Next step, sanding!

Started pulling some connectors out
Started pulling some connectors outStarted pulling some connectors out

Playfield's out!
Playfield's out!Playfield's out!

Here it is!
Here it is!Here it is!

Getting emptier, see I keep the braid until the end
Getting emptier, see I keep the braid until the endGetting emptier, see I keep the braid until the end

That is pretty much empty, minus the braid
That is pretty much empty, minus the braid :)That is pretty much empty, minus the braid

Topper off! Dirt on original paint!
Topper off! Dirt on original paint!Topper off! Dirt on original paint!

That's an ugly cabinet!
That's an ugly cabinet!That's an ugly cabinet!

Ok, braid off. Goes kinda here.

I think a bear played this game before, look at the claw marks
I think a bear played this game before, look at the claw marksI think a bear played this game before, look at the claw marks

Undressing done! Ready to sand. So long Pinbot, I'm gonna miss playing you for a while.
Undressing done! Ready to sand. So long Pinbot, I'm gonna miss playing you for a while.Undressing done! Ready to sand. So long Pinbot, I'm gonna miss playing you for a while.

1 week later
#4 7 years ago
Quoted from highspeed:

Great start. I hope to be doing a playfield swap on mine, sometime soon.
Good luck.

Hehe thanks!

I'm done stripping and sanding to wood and halfway done with bondo the corner fixes. I was out this week-end but will post pictures as soon as possible. Got a few findings to report back!

#5 7 years ago

I took a day off from work last week to put in about 8-9 hours into the cabinet and head. Here is the progress:

A few shots from the "before"
IMG_3205_(resized).JPGIMG_3205_(resized).JPG
IMG_3207_(resized).JPGIMG_3207_(resized).JPG
IMG_3206_(resized).JPGIMG_3206_(resized).JPG
IMG_3208_(resized).JPGIMG_3208_(resized).JPG
IMG_3221_(resized).JPGIMG_3221_(resized).JPG
IMG_3219_(resized).JPGIMG_3219_(resized).JPG

Started with the back side, using the orbital sander and 60 grit paper. It did well but took a lot of time I felt. So I decided to try paint stipper. It worked very well to get rid of the paint to the primer (blue). I put a very light coat and avoided going to close to the edges. Took quite some time as well but it was way easier overall. You can see the difference between only with stripper and after some sanding.
IMG_3212_(resized).JPGIMG_3212_(resized).JPG
IMG_3213_(resized).JPGIMG_3213_(resized).JPG

After some more sanding, I was happy with the result. Still some primer in wood grain which I will probably smooth again to finish the surface. I did not go crazy on sanding where the head attach and the interior. Just rough the surface, make it smooth and give the primer some grip.

BTW, I don't know how you guys get to have the interior floor to wood in every corner. It's impossible to sand those tight spots. I first wanted to have my interior floor on wood and cleared but hell I'm painting it. I'll find a nice color to contrast the black and may be add some personal touches to give it a "Pinbot" feel. I'm pretty "artsy" and rather spend my time doing that than sanding this guy to death.

IMG_3214_(resized).JPGIMG_3214_(resized).JPG
IMG_3218_(resized).JPGIMG_3218_(resized).JPG
IMG_3216_(resized).JPGIMG_3216_(resized).JPG

The very bottom edge was in very bad shape at a few places, one piece of plywood was completely missing and the wood was chipping. So I cut a piece of masonite to fit under the old plywood and the notch in the corner and glued to very solid. It came up very strong and I think this will hold very well from now on. I spend a lot of time actually going around the bottom and glued/clamped the whole thing as it was cracking and chipping. Now the bottom edges are very solid. I'll later sand and paint now the glue has completely dried.

IMG_3224_(resized).JPGIMG_3224_(resized).JPG
IMG_3225_(resized).JPGIMG_3225_(resized).JPG
IMG_3226_(resized).JPGIMG_3226_(resized).JPG
IMG_3227_(resized).JPGIMG_3227_(resized).JPG
IMG_3228_(resized).JPGIMG_3228_(resized).JPG

Then I moved to the bondo and started to patch the corners with the game still upside down. Tip to myself, don't do a lot of bondo at the time, this thing dries in minutes. I'm not expert in wood working or patch work as this is my first true restoration but I like where it's going so far! I guess I have half the cabinet done and half the backbox as well. The worst is done though. A few corner beauty shots included, all done with orbital sander. (hell, those corners are going to be hidden behind legs anyway...)

IMG_3231_(resized).JPGIMG_3231_(resized).JPG
IMG_3235_(resized).JPGIMG_3235_(resized).JPG
IMG_3234_(resized).JPGIMG_3234_(resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I think the really clean floor looks great.

OK, I'll give it another shot. I guess I did not expect it to be so difficult. I also read Bryan Kelly hates painted floor so I must be doing something wrong

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Looks great. Which type of Bondo are you using? Getting ready to do a Funhouse, and i had no idea there were like 4 different kinds.

It's this one from CanadianTire here in Canada. The body filler step 3.

Capture_(resized).JPGCapture_(resized).JPG

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I also hate painted floors. Looks bad imo.

Well, to me it does not look bad, it looks different. Definitly not original but it looks clean though. Cleaner than a dirty floor if you are not going to sand it throughout.

I'm sure a nice soft but contrasting color could look good. Still I'm going to give it another shot.

#14 7 years ago

I was able to work 3 hours last Saturday and all day today ( took another day off, way more fun). That's 11 more hours put into it.

I'm done with bondo and sanding and started priming today. I did not have enough space to do both head and cab so I only did the cabinet.

A few findings:
It's a lot of work... Gosh. Don't get you hopes too high if it's your first time. It's a craftsman game. It's fine if there a few things I could have done better. Pros make it look easy but it's not.

I used a wet rag to remove the dust. Apparently wood does not like water and it raises the wood grain. I had to sand again to get the baby's butt finish.

I decided to paint the floor, sorry but I'm not going through this. I also decided to get the transfo floor natural wood and paint the bottom a contrasting colour, at least not black. We'll see how it turns out.
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
Painting is suppose to be the fun part but it's not as easy as it sounds using spray can for this kind of work, priming at least.

The primer split and raised the veneer at two places, not sure how to fix it.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Also applying the primer let defects show up as I though everything was perfect, no big deal...

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
I used TremClad oil based primer, that is what we find here in Canada.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh yeah, in he meantime I got myself a small tumbler. It cleans but does not polish as much as I thought it would.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 7 years ago

Question, looks like I got a bunch of tiny wood particles hanging from the primer,on the inside. I can remove by hand almost. Is it ok for me to lightly sand and give a final coat of primer?

Actually, should I lightly sand between dry coats of primer?

1 week later
#16 7 years ago

I spent 2 more days on the restoration. I'm done priming after some problem and applied my first coats of black today. I'll post picture when it's done. I'm suing Black Krylon Colormaster Satin finish. It's hard to get an even finish but did not want to go crazy thick on my first coats.

The places where the wood split is because there was nothing underneath the thin layer of veneer. Either a empty knot or like I saw on other Pinbot restoration a full lenght from top to bottom with nothing underneath the veneer, about 3/4 of a inch wide.

IMG_3369.JPGIMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3370.JPGIMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3371.JPGIMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3375.JPGIMG_3375.JPG

I bit the bullet and took out the bondo again. Sanded, prime and then what, another split with another hole. Damn cheap wood!

IMG_3381.JPGIMG_3381.JPG

I also spent some time cleaning some hardware. I bought a little tumbler and it worked well. I did took a photo of what screw goes where before throwing in the tumbler. All clean. I hand polish every metal part I can with Autosol.

IMG_3385.JPGIMG_3385.JPG
IMG_3399.JPGIMG_3399.JPG

#17 7 years ago

IMG_3317_(resized).JPGIMG_3317_(resized).JPG
IMG_3320_(resized).JPGIMG_3320_(resized).JPG
IMG_3382_(resized).JPGIMG_3382_(resized).JPG
IMG_3383_(resized).JPGIMG_3383_(resized).JPG
IMG_3378_(resized).JPGIMG_3378_(resized).JPG
IMG_3365_(resized).JPGIMG_3365_(resized).JPG

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

With the tumbler, if you are not, you should add some Flitz to the media, makes a big difference. Yes, you can sand between primer coats, that is partially why you do it. Also get some Tack cloths to wipe the dust.

Hey,

I added, BRASSO Metal Polish to the media tumbler. I guess it helped but did not see a huge difference to my first batch dry. I infact sanded between primer coats it helps a lot making the surface smooth again. I'll probably give a light sanding again between my second and third/final coat of black to get the same result.

I'm using a clean microfiber rag and mineral spirit to get the dust off. Did not seem to raise the wood grain or affect the paint and got the dust off real good. Only it's smell terrible.

I'm really looking forward to finish the base coat and move to stencil!

#21 7 years ago

I'M reading everywhere that cabinet ground braid should be 1/4" wide but mine was 3/16". I bought 1/4" but wondering if I'll change for 3/16" like the original. It's like $7 difference for a 50' roll.

Also, I do not feel like buying a long nose stapler for this. I'm tempted to do it with a regular heavy duty hand stapler.

#23 7 years ago

Why did it not work?

#25 7 years ago

I'll give it a shot and see where it leads me. I got 2 settings on mine. For sure you need to hold firm onto the surface though...

1 week later
#27 7 years ago

Haven't try the manual stapler but I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy a 22 gauge air stapler from Amazon.

#28 7 years ago

I finished painting last week end. I'm pretty happy with the result. I put the cabinet upward so it's easier to do short pass left to right with the spray can. Only thing I would do different is try to find a way to mask the sides when spraying so the over-spray does not go stick on the finished sides and make them rough.
IMG_3432.JPGIMG_3432.JPG
IMG_3435_(resized).JPGIMG_3435_(resized).JPG

Today I finally did my first stencil color on the head. I had the stencils lay flat for a week now and they are just great quality (Pinball Pimp Stencils). They were very easy to apply.
IMG_3455_(resized).JPGIMG_3455_(resized).JPG
IMG_3456_(resized).JPGIMG_3456_(resized).JPG

I masked the head so I can do the first color, and then the second and keep the masking all around the other parts.
IMG_3457_(resized).JPGIMG_3457_(resized).JPG

I used Krylon Banner red and it came out not enough orange to my taste. It does look good but not close enough from the original to my taste. Oh well... First coat:
IMG_3458_(resized).JPGIMG_3458_(resized).JPG

I did 4 coats. After talking with Jeff at PP, I put on too much paint and did don't let dry long enough before peeling. Actually, I waited about 10-12 minutes as Jeff from PP recommended 10-15 minutes. I should have apply 4 coats with 1 minutes in between and remove the stencils right away. At the end, the edge started to stick to the stencil and spread a little at a few places.
IMG_3459_(resized).JPGIMG_3459_(resized).JPG
IMG_3460_(resized).JPGIMG_3460_(resized).JPG

Light sanding the edges when it's cured should clean this up hopefully.

Now I know I'll definitely want to clearcoat the cabinet. Otherwise it will be too fragile I think.

#29 7 years ago

Hey Cosmokramer, I was reviewing your thread, you mention it's because you did not let dry long enough that the paint started to stretch between the cab and the stencil?

I thought it was the inverse.

#31 7 years ago

Yeah but like you said, the red seemed to cover the base coat black not as good than the white of the stencils. I think I'll do a test on a scrap piece of stencil.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Next time I am going to flash a bit of light colored primer just before spraying stencil color, should get better color without having to spray it so thick.

Very true. I might do that on the cabinet body. A light coat of gray primer.

#35 7 years ago

Some more progress made last week. I did the yellow second stencil on the head following instruction from Cosmokramer and Jeff from Pinball Pimp.

Actually, I see Jeff did not recommend applying even a very light coat of primer as a base before doing stencil colors. He was right. The edges came out great this time but the paint did not adhere perfectly on the edge and separated from the primer. See pictures. I'm going to touch up with a brush no worries. The clear should protect everything nicely.

IMG_3463 (resized).JPGIMG_3463 (resized).JPG
IMG_3471 (resized).JPGIMG_3471 (resized).JPG
IMG_3467 (resized).JPGIMG_3467 (resized).JPG

Otherwise, it's looking freaking sweet.

IMG_3465 (resized).JPGIMG_3465 (resized).JPG
IMG_3468 (resized).JPGIMG_3468 (resized).JPG
IMG_3469 (resized).JPGIMG_3469 (resized).JPG

I'm also spending some time painting and hand polishing a bunch of other parts.

IMG_3461 (resized).JPGIMG_3461 (resized).JPG
IMG_3462 (resized).JPGIMG_3462 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#37 7 years ago

Time to give an update!

The good: I'm done with stencils on the head and 2 of the 3 side of the cab! The bad: the third side, the first stencil color did not adhere properly. I had to sand back and re-base coat with black. A new stencil is on the way and with the few mistakes I made so far, I can say I think I now got the hang of it in terms of amount of paint and amount of time to let dry before peeling. Practice makes perfect.

I spent some time on the coin door and I'm doing some test on how I'll clear the cab. I now know I want low gloss/satin like finish and foam brushing does not give good enough result to my taste. I'm going to "bite the wallet" and spray can to clear.

Here are a few updated pictures:

Nice graphics, sharp line. We can see the gloss difference where I sanded to knock the edges and prepare the surface for stencil colors. Clear will take care of it.

IMG_3569 (resized).JPGIMG_3569 (resized).JPG
IMG_3570 (resized).JPGIMG_3570 (resized).JPG

Taking apart, cleaning, tumbling, polising, re-decal and painting coin door. Using the "splatter" technique, can't remember the name

IMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPG
IMG_3552 (resized).JPGIMG_3552 (resized).JPG
IMG_3555 (resized).JPGIMG_3555 (resized).JPG
IMG_3572 (resized).JPGIMG_3572 (resized).JPG
IMG_3557 (resized).JPGIMG_3557 (resized).JPG
IMG_3574 (resized).JPGIMG_3574 (resized).JPG

Got a new woofer, hopefully it makes a difference in Pinbot. I tried it (hardwired) in my Diner and it sounded worst, too much range and not enough lows.

IMG_3571 (resized).JPGIMG_3571 (resized).JPG

Looking forward to finish this god damn cabinet and move on...

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That door turned out really nice!

Thanks Bryan! Not perfect but way better than it was.

#40 7 years ago

Got my replacement stencil yesterday. I should finish painting this week-end (finger crossed)

3 weeks later
#41 7 years ago

Time to give an update. I re-did the side of the cabinet I messed up. Sanded, re-painted black and re-did stencils. The yellow still did not come out the way I would have liked as the red is flawless. Go figure. Some touch up and I will clear the side as soon as time and weather allows.

The Head is DONE. I only cleared both sides as the back is very nice as it and it's more to protect the art. I'm painting the bolts head to match the art on the outside. I'm done with ground and started re-installed the hardware, the backbox panel fits great and I'm very happy. I also printed new decals

I'm still working the cabinet even if the clear is no done yet. I pretty much finished laying the ground and some other hardware. I'm figuring out my tilt board as ground goes. I'm soldering anchors to all ground end to it can be screwed to the cabinet, transfo, speaker, side rails neatly, I think it's worth the effort.

With some help from my wife, I did some custom art on the tilt panel to give the inside (where you never look at) a little extra. I like it very much.

Can wait to continue assembling the game. I got an order from Marco coming in soon and looking forward to install the playfield on the rotisserie.

IMG_3676 (resized).JPGIMG_3676 (resized).JPG
IMG_3628 (resized).JPGIMG_3628 (resized).JPG
IMG_3630 (resized).JPGIMG_3630 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPGIMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3698 (resized).JPGIMG_3698 (resized).JPG
IMG_3706 (resized).JPGIMG_3706 (resized).JPG
IMG_3703 (resized).JPGIMG_3703 (resized).JPG
IMG_3632 (resized).JPGIMG_3632 (resized).JPG
IMG_3707 (resized).JPGIMG_3707 (resized).JPG
IMG_3711 (resized).JPGIMG_3711 (resized).JPG
IMG_3713 (resized).JPGIMG_3713 (resized).JPG

#46 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I'm spending way too much time on this build for what it's worth but I'm learning a ton.

2 weeks later
#47 7 years ago

Update time!

I have been quiet the last few weeks but been busy on my pinball, ask my wife... I can only work in short stretch so things are coming together slow but surely.

I'm waiting on my legs to put the cabinet up and attach the head. The cab is pretty much done. I received the first of a few orders of new parts. Bunch of stuff!

Painted the bottom side of the cab matte black and painted the metal protector at the front, really clean looking.

Door is back in, new cabinet switches, new buttons, new speaker, new hardware where needed and new glass. Painted and clear leg plates, lots of polished parts. I'm very happy with the result, the cab is looking real good.

One thing I realise is which order to put stuff back together, for example I was waiting for my leg plates to arrived so I installed other things but I would have been way easier to put them back first, I had to remove a few bolts, etc. It's all things I'm learning, next time I'll know what should go first to avoid doing things twice, 3 times, 4 times...

I'm about ready to put the playfield on the rotisserie, I removed a few needed parts and man there was some dust, apron was probably never removed at least not cleaned. Will remedy to that.

Next updates, cab should be complete and up on the rotisserie the playfield go.

Cheers!

IMG_3741 (resized).JPGIMG_3741 (resized).JPG
IMG_3820 (resized).JPGIMG_3820 (resized).JPG
IMG_3816 (resized).JPGIMG_3816 (resized).JPG
IMG_3819 (resized).JPGIMG_3819 (resized).JPG
IMG_3822 (resized).JPGIMG_3822 (resized).JPG
IMG_3887 (resized).JPGIMG_3887 (resized).JPG
IMG_3813 (resized).JPGIMG_3813 (resized).JPG
IMG_3815 (resized).JPGIMG_3815 (resized).JPG
IMG_3886 (resized).JPGIMG_3886 (resized).JPG
IMG_3752 (resized).JPGIMG_3752 (resized).JPG
IMG_3751 (resized).JPGIMG_3751 (resized).JPG

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Looking great!!

Thanks mate, I hope so. Doing my best.

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Looking good! Cant wait till I get that far on my F-14. How did you get the ground braid connected to washer? Also what stapler did you use for ground braid?

Thanks buddy!

The ground braid is actually a tube, so just slide the tip of the terminal inside and solder letting it pour inside the braid.

I used a 22 gauge air stapler from amazon.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000N52KSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It was not expensive and works well. Strong and steady. 2 things though, people recommended get the long nose one but it's like a 100$ more. I wished I had the long nose for some location in corners and tight space but I manage to do a pretty clean job with it. Also it does not have a guide so make sure you are centered before pulling the trigger. Not sure if other staplers have a guide but I saw in some high end resto that some staples were a little off as well so not a big deal I think.

Like others said to me, if you plan doing lot of cab resto and playfield swaps, get the long nose. I'm not regretting my purchase yet. Way better than a hand stapler for sure.

1 week later
#52 7 years ago

Enough with the pretty stuff, now to the dirty stuff.

While I'm waiting for my extended leg bolts to put the cab on its legs and mount the head, I got the playfield on the rotisserie. Man it's easier to work on a game on that thing as opposed to inside the cabinet...

I'm taking pictures before I remove the plastics and after I do, from every angle. I'm deep cleaning all hardware and plastic before storing in individual compartments. I'm labeling each by sections. I'm cleaning the plastic even though I'm installing a new set, they are going to be stored. I'm also cleaning the screws, bolts and nuts as it saves the tumbling media from all that dirt.

See how those metal guides are dirty, dripping brown stuff.

Going well, good progress. Next time I'll do the lift ramp and start tackling the underside. I'm keeping the posts for last on the top side.

IMG_3918 (resized).JPGIMG_3918 (resized).JPG
IMG_3981 (resized).JPGIMG_3981 (resized).JPG
IMG_3985 (resized).JPGIMG_3985 (resized).JPG
IMG_4001 (resized).JPGIMG_4001 (resized).JPG
IMG_4010 (resized).JPGIMG_4010 (resized).JPG
IMG_4013 (resized).JPGIMG_4013 (resized).JPG
IMG_4012 (resized).JPGIMG_4012 (resized).JPG

#53 7 years ago

I got a repro vortex from last PPS batch. I heard before that I would need to take out my dremel tool and I did. First the vortex would not sit flat on the playfield, it would touch and hang from the metal lanes underneath. So I had to grind a slot to make it fit.
IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

Second, the ramp flap entry would not be flush to the playfield. I grinded a slot to let the plastic attaching to the flap free and heated the plastic tap to bend it down. Perfect flat flush now!
IMG_3986 (resized).JPGIMG_3986 (resized).JPG

Third, the ramp to the vortex was too narrow at one spot and the ball would get stuck. Doh! Again, heated the ramp SLIGHTLY and bent towards the outside. Enough room for the ball all the way around. Perfect!
IMG_3988 (resized).JPGIMG_3988 (resized).JPG

So yeah, those repro are great but not perfect!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I had to grind much more that that. Looks like yours fit better. Looking good.

Needless to say I was afraid to grind the whole way through or even the light from the GI underneath to bleed through. I could have grinded more but I'm happy how it sits now.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from MarchAFB:

Wow! It looks like you are doing a fantastic job.

Thanks MarchAFB! Kudos to you to not dropping the ball and commiting to your restore. I understand sometime you just want to let it go but like you said if you are going to regret then go all in.

Congrats on the CPR swap. I looked around for a CPR but they were out of price (like $1200 US) forget it. Mine is dirty of course but in decent shape.

If I decide to remove the mylar it's going to be repaint and clearcoat which in itself is another big undertaking. I already feel I got knee deep in the resto anyway...

Will keep you posted.

#58 7 years ago

Oh yeah, I ordered a bunch of cliffy posts, switch protector and I got myself a new set or lane guides. Mines were all mashed up and the ball would not roll flat onto the flippers which is anoying as hell. I got the enhanced version and the craftsmanship is at least as good as the factory. Looking forward to see how they fit.

IMG_3903 (resized).JPGIMG_3903 (resized).JPG

#59 7 years ago

Removed and clean the through feeder. Looking better I think.

Funny how you are proud of taking apart, cleaning, polishing and re-assembling something nobody except you will ever see...

IMG_4021 (resized).JPGIMG_4021 (resized).JPG
IMG_4022 (resized).JPGIMG_4022 (resized).JPG
IMG_4028 (resized).JPGIMG_4028 (resized).JPG

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

There are 2 different height bumper bases. I ordered from Marco I think and got the correct height ones, no need to modify

Ordered from Marco as well, I'll compare and rectified as needed, thanks for the heads up.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from MarchAFB:

It looks like you made your own decal\replacement sticker sheet? I did the same

I got them from someone else image files and just stitched them together on the same page. I added a protective film over the sticker page before cutting so they should last through time.

Quoted from MarchAFB:

My clear lift ramp (Adv "X") on the left and the clear spiral vortex ramp were so yellowed and scratched, I made my own replacements for these.

Yeah mine is pretty dull now, broken underneath a rivet, the Adv X sticker missing and the lower stainless steel flap is missing a corner.

How did you create you replacement, just cut some plexy the same shape? how do you get nice edges?

Quoted from MarchAFB:

Also I am curious as to how to new speaker sounds as I didn't think to replace mine

I tried it in my Diner and was not impress the the low range. My Pinbot woofer was punched in so I hope it sounds better. I'll report back when I'm done.

3 weeks later
#69 7 years ago

Time for an update, stripping the top side is coming slowly but surely!

Ramps are getting regrained. Drop target assembly completely cleaned and tumbled. Chest inserts and board are cleaned, target are held in place with zip tie and coil are clean, shotgun sleeve replaced and coil wrapped new.

IMG_4035 (resized).JPGIMG_4035 (resized).JPG
IMG_4036 (resized).JPGIMG_4036 (resized).JPG
IMG_4079 (resized).JPGIMG_4079 (resized).JPG
IMG_4081 (resized).JPGIMG_4081 (resized).JPG
IMG_4113 (resized).JPGIMG_4113 (resized).JPG
IMG_4116 (resized).JPGIMG_4116 (resized).JPG
IMG_4117 (resized).JPGIMG_4117 (resized).JPG
IMG_4118 (resized).JPGIMG_4118 (resized).JPG

#70 7 years ago

Motor assembly is getting taken apart and cleaned as well. A wire broke off, no biggy. Time to fix this and remove the electrical tape.

Flipper are getting rebuilt, cleaned and polished the base plate, new hardware, new OES with new wiring, same coil. I built little bracket to sandwich between the lane change and the OES switch to attach the newer style return spring, you can see them in the flipper final assembly picture at the bottom right.

Pop bumpers are completely redone tumbled, polished and new parts.

Kick out hole mechs are cleaned, tumbled and back together.

I'm currently tumbling my slingshot and next are my shooting lane feeder and ramp lift assembly. Then I'm done with mechs. All I'll have is to remove all the posts from the top side, the wire guides, unsolder a few flasher socket and finally remove the rails.

I'm still debating about what do to on the playfield and mylar... I will be at a crossroad soon.

IMG_4120 (resized).JPGIMG_4120 (resized).JPG
IMG_4123 (resized).JPGIMG_4123 (resized).JPG
IMG_4130 (resized).JPGIMG_4130 (resized).JPG
IMG_4131 (resized).JPGIMG_4131 (resized).JPG
IMG_4142 (resized).JPGIMG_4142 (resized).JPG
IMG_4150 (resized).JPGIMG_4150 (resized).JPG
IMG_4248 (resized).JPGIMG_4248 (resized).JPG
IMG_4239 (resized).JPGIMG_4239 (resized).JPG
IMG_4261 (resized).JPGIMG_4261 (resized).JPG

#71 7 years ago

Tomorrow morning, my friend is bringing me 3 boxes from Marco, Pinball Life and Titan that I had shipped to the US a while back. I also put in a huge order at Comet this thanksgiving week-end and Pinbot will get its share of it.

3 weeks later
#72 7 years ago

Time for an update a few picture and a story.

The game is back on its legs and I put the head on yesterday, see how it's look and take it off the floor.

IMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4269 (resized).JPGIMG_4269 (resized).JPGIMG_4556 (resized).JPGIMG_4556 (resized).JPG

I continued taking care of the playfield and I stripped it completely. I also took the decision of removing the mylar. I'll touch up the playfield and clearcoat it. Which means many more months under restoration. But I'm so deep into it so I'm might just do it.

IMG_4395 (resized).JPGIMG_4395 (resized).JPG

I used the freezing spray method to remove it and the flour and alcohol to remove the glue. It's a pain to remove the glue clean but i'ts for the best I hope.

IMG_4422 (resized).JPGIMG_4422 (resized).JPGIMG_4424 (resized).JPGIMG_4424 (resized).JPGIMG_4425 (resized).JPGIMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4452 (resized).JPGIMG_4452 (resized).JPGIMG_4472 (resized).JPGIMG_4472 (resized).JPG

The factory lacquer was still in pretty good shape and not much art got removed except near the chest lights, I might have gone light on freezing spray as well. Anyway, all those color are going to be airbrushed.

IMG_4459 (resized).JPGIMG_4459 (resized).JPG

I never done airbrush but need to get into in. But first I need to find a place to get a place to base clearcoat in winter here in Canada. I'll call a few paint shops see if they can get me in while they do other pieces to try to get it cheap.

Overall the playfield is in very good shape. The worst planking where the paint is slightly lifting is near the left outlane, the chest area like I said and around the pops where the factory mylar was placed sloppily. The clear also lifted from over the Xball insert which will need a new decal of some sort. I might ask my wife to hand draw it since she has a pretty steady hand, we'll see.

IMG_4455 (resized).JPGIMG_4455 (resized).JPGIMG_4458 (resized).JPGIMG_4458 (resized).JPGIMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4461 (resized).JPG

Meanwhile, I cleaning my board and ready to put back inside the head. I'm also tumbling more parts like actuators, pivots and all posts and wire guides.

IMG_4553 (resized).JPGIMG_4553 (resized).JPGIMG_4398 (resized).JPGIMG_4398 (resized).JPG

#73 7 years ago

About that story. I tried my lock down bar to see how it fitted. I did not want it to rub on the front of the cabinet near the corner so I crazy glued 2 pieces of felt to "protect" the beautiful paint job. I applied the glue deliberately which means way too much...

The glue had soaked in the felt and I tried the lockdown bar. I fitted great and left it there. It must have pressed the glue out and through to the wood, basically gluing the felt piece to the front of the cabinet. When I came back to it a few days later, the lockdown bar was glued pretty good but I just thought it was a tight squeeze. So I pulled.

Some paint came off, some wood came off.

I had to touch up the area and after spraying some clear it's pretty hard to see. Because it's under the lockdown bar it's invisible but still. I did not think I would need to take out the bondo at this stage.

Lesson learned. Like the 100th...

I spare you from posting picture of what it looked like but it was not pretty, to my eyes at least!

2 weeks later
#74 7 years ago

My playfield is off to someone who'll base clearcoat it. I trust him he'll do a good job.

Before that, I finished with some touch-ups. I sanded the shooter lane the best I can without removing too much material, I'll have to do some slight painting to get a more even finish. I patched a few holes and repaired kick-out holes. I also had to level all 5 triangle inserts (bonus "X" and special)

IMG_4746 (resized).JPGIMG_4746 (resized).JPG
IMG_4673 (resized).JPGIMG_4673 (resized).JPG
IMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4686 (resized).JPG
IMG_4744 (resized).JPGIMG_4744 (resized).JPG
IMG_4743 (resized).JPGIMG_4743 (resized).JPG

I built a pretty neat transport box that we'll be used to level the playfield for CC as well. I cover any holes with tape, add bulbs to socket and cover all the underside underneath a plastic bag. Off it goes!

IMG_4742 (resized).JPGIMG_4742 (resized).JPG
IMG_4747 (resized).JPGIMG_4747 (resized).JPG
IMG_4750 (resized).JPGIMG_4750 (resized).JPG
IMG_4752 (resized).JPGIMG_4752 (resized).JPG

See her in about 2-3 weeks.

In the meantime, I'll install my topper which the chromed tape is kinda scratched at a few places. I'll see what I do about that.

On another note, I talked to my brother about my cab woofer I replaced. I found out that it's not going to be an improvement but rather a downgrade because of the efficiency of the speaker. I did not know that. He recommend I either 1) use the old one which is perfect for the application, 2)get a "infinity baffle" speaker which will be more efficient that what I got, 3) get a small powered amp to add before the speaker to boost the signal and filter out higher frequency. I'll see what I do about that as well.

3 weeks later
#75 7 years ago

I got my playfield back from base clearcoat. It is sealed now and I can start the touch-ups. The clear really got into the cracks as my playfield was quite planked and dry. You can see in the pictures of what was the worst area. It is safe now.

The guy did some touch-ups particularly the black by using the wipe method to fill in the cracks before the CC. He also re-did some black line as well. It's already showing pretty much better.

I suspect the spray booth was quite dusty as there are lots of tiny speckles on the surface but as I'm going to sand flat before painting that is OK.

The shooter lane drank pretty much all the clear as expected.

I think it's going to look great when I'm done.

I received my moisture trap for the airbrush today and will sand in the next few days. About that, what grit you guys recommend for sanding? I read 400 up to 800 depending on who you ask to.

IMG_4867 (resized).JPGIMG_4867 (resized).JPG
IMG_4872 (resized).JPGIMG_4872 (resized).JPG
IMG_4873 (resized).JPGIMG_4873 (resized).JPG
IMG_4874 (resized).JPGIMG_4874 (resized).JPG
IMG_4875 (resized).JPGIMG_4875 (resized).JPG
IMG_4877 (resized).JPGIMG_4877 (resized).JPG
IMG_4880 (resized).JPGIMG_4880 (resized).JPG
IMG_4869 (resized).JPGIMG_4869 (resized).JPG

#79 7 years ago

Hey Joey, thanks for the tips! Obviously I only went with 1 coat of base but I'm sure I can work off of that. Got my 800 grit sand paper tonight and a can of acrylic lacquer to seal colors as I go. You just keep spending on those full restoration...

1 week later
#81 7 years ago

My clearcoat was still too soft and fragile to start cutting frisket mask over it so I'm letting it cure some more. I should be ready about now so whenever I have time I'll attack the yellow area.

In the meantime, I cleaned the blue ramp. It was one of the first thing to come off and I just left it in my parts box. That thing was dirty. It came off like new it's amazing. I also went with the blue/red theme flasher dome colors even if I'm going to take the GI back to white only.

IMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPG

IMG_4946 (resized).JPGIMG_4946 (resized).JPG

IMG_4944 (resized).JPGIMG_4944 (resized).JPG

IMG_4948 (resized).JPGIMG_4948 (resized).JPG

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

How did you get it to look so blue?

Nothing special, I guess my Pinbot was in better than average condition to start with.

1 week later
#84 7 years ago

I did start my paint touch-ups this week. I've done my Yellow and Orange. It is my first ever experience using an airbrush so bare with me.

Yellow went well. I used Createx Opaque base yellow (6 bottles starter kit) and it came out as a pretty good match.

Orange went OK. The gun kept spitting paint and my guess is the paint was too thick for the needle (0.5mm) I used. I should probably try thinning the next time. The final result came out great but it took way too much time. I tried mixing the base red/yellow but was not satisfy and bought orange that I used it straight from the bottle as well. I also bought a different red because the base red has too much blue in in and won't cut it (according to my artsy wife).

You can see in the picture I only did the tail side of the special orange trail and the color match is pretty darn close.

The bulk of the work is still to frisket the areas and mask the rest of the playfield.

I bought a roll of 10" wide frisket of ebay (made in Korea) and it works great. It pulls out flawlessly giving a straight edge. Was way cheaper than my local art store. I'm getting pretty good with the xacto knife.

Next up is green and then blue. I keep red/gray for last and will finish up by white. Then the black key lines.

P.S. I hate my airbrush, it Chinese cheap crap and I'm about ready to bite the bullet and buy a decent Iwata gun.

IMG_4981 (resized).JPGIMG_4981 (resized).JPG
IMG_4984 (resized).JPGIMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_4996 (resized).JPGIMG_4996 (resized).JPG
IMG_5001 (resized).JPGIMG_5001 (resized).JPG
IMG_4999 (resized).JPGIMG_4999 (resized).JPG
IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG
IMG_5003 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPG
IMG_5005 (resized).JPGIMG_5005 (resized).JPG
IMG_5004 (resized).JPGIMG_5004 (resized).JPG
IMG_5002 (resized).JPGIMG_5002 (resized).JPG

#85 7 years ago

I ordered mylsef a Iwata Revolution CR, looking forward to try it. I hear it's pretty good at shooting createx straight off the bottle.

#86 7 years ago

Got my Iwata yesterday and gave it a shot. I painted the green as a test since there is not a lot of it and it was already in pretty good shape. Only a few spot on the chest section but mostly the green orbit needed touch ups. Actually the left half of the playfield had more problems and you can see in the picture that other color orbits has black bleeding through.

I masked and cut the orbit the best I can without going crazy, I kind of free-handed the shape so it fills most of it and looks good from playing distance let's say.

All I need now it to repaint the few blacks dots that are incorporated in the orbit.

I'll probably do the same thing for the next colors as well. I'm amazed how small a band of frisket you can cut with the xacto knife and be able to pull away.

IMG_5069 (resized).JPGIMG_5069 (resized).JPG
IMG_5071 (resized).JPGIMG_5071 (resized).JPG

#87 7 years ago

Next up, baby blue!

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

Hope to see this in person when it's done. Good work !

Cool thanks!

1 week later
#90 7 years ago

This week and this evening I did the dark blue and the light blue. They were both tricky to match but I'm very happy with the result.

There was a lot of light blue sections and they were a pain to mask and cutout. Especially around the left side near the lanes.

I had some frisket lift and overspray at some places but nothing a light sanding can't fix.

Next should be the red which will be tricky as well, huge sections at the top right corner.

Some before and after.

IMG_5078 (resized).JPGIMG_5078 (resized).JPG
IMG_5082 (resized).JPGIMG_5082 (resized).JPG
IMG_5083 (resized).JPGIMG_5083 (resized).JPG
IMG_5089 (resized).JPGIMG_5089 (resized).JPG
IMG_5091 (resized).JPGIMG_5091 (resized).JPG
IMG_5092 (resized).JPGIMG_5092 (resized).JPG
IMG_5090.JPGIMG_5090.JPG

#91 7 years ago

Also, I masked and painted the yellow around the credits between the flippers. I figured if I could match the color good enough I would not need to decal the text.

I still ordered a sheet of waterslide decal and prep the text in photoshop so I'll see if I decided to paint the whole thing again and do the water slide text over it.

For now it's look way better than before anyway.

Before and after:
IMG_4429 (resized).JPGIMG_4429 (resized).JPG
IMG_5081 (resized).JPGIMG_5081 (resized).JPG

#92 7 years ago

If someone needs it, here it is:

PinbotCredits (resized).pngPinbotCredits (resized).png

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

The good thing about all the red, is a tom of it is covered up by the ramp, so if not 100% perfect, not a huge deal. looks great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yes about the red, I'll also be redoing the red planet orbit and the most left burner near the chest which are more critical in terms of color match.

3 weeks later
#96 7 years ago

Time to update.

I'v done the red. It came out a little off but it's mostly hidden behind the spiral ramp and mini-playfield. The original was more on the pink side. Only place it would have been noticeable was the rocket engines in the middle. I'v redone the left one and when I realized my red was too much saturated, I mixed some more red and re-shoot this only before pulling out the frisket. I pulled the frisket elsewhere so be it. It's better night and day anyway.

I'm also done with my grey which were hard to match but it turned out really good. I'm done with the chest grid and it looks like new. Actually all I'm missing is the black lines which will be the last final step.

Next color is White. I'm very much looking forward because it's going to increase the contrast on the playfield. I expect to not go out the bottle white but a little off white to better match the original white since I won't redo all of it but surely all the GI sections plus a few other sections. With a bit of luck, I can tackle that tomorrow.

Before:
IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG

After:
IMG_5412 (resized).JPGIMG_5412 (resized).JPG
IMG_5411 (resized).JPGIMG_5411 (resized).JPG
IMG_5413 (resized).JPGIMG_5413 (resized).JPG
IMG_5414 (resized).JPGIMG_5414 (resized).JPG

#99 7 years ago

Much appreciated!

#100 7 years ago

Luckily, I was able to tackle the white yesterday. Man does it make a difference!

I had some trouble with my frisket mask not sticking at a few places, it happens with larger pieces, which ended up with some slight over spray here and there but once cleaned up everything will be all right. It is not sticking super well on painted area but stick very well on original playfield area and over inserts.

All I'm missing is hand drawing the lettering on the "Lites Extra Ball" and do the BLACK. Also, I want to give my shooter lane a mist coat of wood tone beige to cover the deep dirt tracks.

I might do touch-ups like the orange planet orbit which I did not do first. But at this point I'm already super happy how this turned out.

Would I do that again? May be. Does it worth $1000 which what a new CPR runs in $cad. Yes!

I do plan to clean my shed and clearcoat myself using 2 parts Spraymax2k in a can when the temp warms up. I feel confident and will be much cheaper/faster that taking it to the clearcoat guy who did my seal coat.

Here a bunch of pictures before black and the white overspray fixes. We are getting somewhere.

IMG_5439 (resized).JPGIMG_5439 (resized).JPG
IMG_5441 (resized).JPGIMG_5441 (resized).JPG
IMG_5440 (resized).JPGIMG_5440 (resized).JPG
IMG_5442 (resized).JPGIMG_5442 (resized).JPG
IMG_5443 (resized).JPGIMG_5443 (resized).JPG
Before:
IMG_5093 (resized).JPGIMG_5093 (resized).JPG
After:
IMG_5444 (resized).JPGIMG_5444 (resized).JPG

#103 7 years ago

Thanks! I started touching up some black lines and filling up some cracks in the black area. I did spray some clear lacquer this morning to see if the color will blend properly. It's going to dry up today and when I'm back home I should have my answer. (My wife do not want me to spray in the house so I do it when we are away...)

Ordered my face mask yesterday so I'll be ready to give a few coats of clear when the weather warms up. Then I can see if it needs more touching up or I'm good to go and re-populate.

I'll try to do wood tone this week-end. I was planning to do only the shooter lane but I might do all the bare wood areas actually. Just a light transparent coat to even things out. I'll first try around the pop bumpers and see how it looks.

#104 7 years ago

I sanded the clear and I freshen up the bare wood with a birch tone color. It's quite different but it cleans up the game real good. It also improves the shooter lane dramatically. Once cleared, the wood pattern should show up a little more. Overall I like it.

I got some tiny touch-ups to do in the black and I plan on redoing all of the stars as some are quite faded. To have tried it in one place it makes them pop really nice.

IMG_5477 (resized).JPGIMG_5477 (resized).JPG

IMG_5480 (resized).JPGIMG_5480 (resized).JPG

IMG_5478 (resized).JPGIMG_5478 (resized).JPG

IMG_5481 (resized).JPGIMG_5481 (resized).JPG

IMG_5483 (resized).JPGIMG_5483 (resized).JPG

#106 7 years ago

Merci buddy!

1 month later
#107 6 years ago

I fixed the white text saying: LITES EXTRA BALL.

I stopped looking for a place printing white on waterslide decals. In my search though, I found a guy who suggested using a Cameo stencil cutter. He asked how large was the text and agreed to take a shot at it. He kindly offered to cut it and send it to me. Kudos to another dedicated pinhead.

He did cut the text as on the insert but also separate letters. I used the "as is" version and taped off the letter which did not need to be fixed. I only re-did the bottom tip of "I" and "T". Then the "X" and "T".

A few thin layers of airbrush color and the result is pretty good. Too good actually. The original text was a bit blurry and the new letters are sharper. From the player's POV it will go unnoticed.

IMG_5688 (resized).JPGIMG_5688 (resized).JPGIMG_5748 (resized).JPGIMG_5748 (resized).JPG

IMG_5739 (resized).JPGIMG_5739 (resized).JPGIMG_5740 (resized).JPGIMG_5740 (resized).JPG
IMG_5742 (resized).JPGIMG_5742 (resized).JPGIMG_5743 (resized).JPGIMG_5743 (resized).JPG
IMG_5744 (resized).JPGIMG_5744 (resized).JPGIMG_5747 (resized).JPGIMG_5747 (resized).JPG

#108 6 years ago

Ready for clearcoat I guess

2 weeks later
#110 6 years ago

Got my first 2 coats (1 full can) on. I clean up my shed, made some room and hang up my light.
I waited about 12-15 mins between coats. Looking good except I made a mistake when I mixed my white paint using straight up flow improver instead of my homemade mix. Result, the white paint seems to want to wrinkle. I'll see once it's dry and sanded if I need to touch it back up...

Before, first time it sees the sun in months.
IMG_5799 (resized).JPGIMG_5799 (resized).JPG

My setup and condition
IMG_5805 (resized).JPGIMG_5805 (resized).JPG
IMG_5806 (resized).JPGIMG_5806 (resized).JPG

A few picture before I get the fuck out.
IMG_5807 (resized).JPGIMG_5807 (resized).JPG
IMG_5808 (resized).JPGIMG_5808 (resized).JPG

#111 6 years ago

Also, I decided to redo the white and do waterslide decals for the inlanes text. We'll see how it turns out. I'll install the decals after the first coat of clear.

Had to redo the white twice since my color match was wrong (picture)

IMG_5797 (resized).JPGIMG_5797 (resized).JPG
IMG_5798 (resized).JPGIMG_5798 (resized).JPG

LitesExtraBall_InLanes (resized).pngLitesExtraBall_InLanes (resized).png

1 week later
#112 6 years ago

As I'm redoing some of my touch-ups, I figured I should post a video of how I cut frisket mask with an xacto knife. I am no artist and a beginner really but I guess it shows with a little patience and steady hand anybody can do it.

Tips I may share:
-Hold the knife lightly, no need to press hard, be gentle.
-Use you other hand to steady your motion. Like I play guitar, I use my pinky to add some control to the movement and slide along the surface better.
-When doing rounds, I prefer to start with my wrist bent and unwind, not the inverse. Bend as much before getting unconformable, you can get a good stretch with the same stroke. Move your body and a whole.
-Change position to get best approach and best lighting. Do not get lazy standing in one place.

2 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

Howdy folks!

Time to give an update.

First, I encountered problems when I did my first coat (I'm using spraymax 2k in a can) The white area and everything that got mixed with white craked and wrinkled under the clear. Some other color reacted as well. Disaster. I had to redo all the white, light gray, yellow, green, orange and blue. Again practice makes perfect.

IMG_5852 (resized).JPGIMG_5852 (resized).JPG

IMG_5853 (resized).JPGIMG_5853 (resized).JPG

IMG_5854 (resized).JPGIMG_5854 (resized).JPG

IMG_5855 (resized).JPGIMG_5855 (resized).JPG

#114 6 years ago

Rework.

Multiple light coats, heat cured in-between, knocked down the edge before clearcoat. Apparently the problem might have been caused by using acrylic lacquer to seal down touch-up between color. Funny enough, I as suggested to do that. I had no issues the second time around.

I also did my 2 water slide decals for each inlanes. These are tricky to install and nowhere near perfect. But good enough. I would need some serious practice before redoing all inserts text on a playfield. Luckily those 2 are kinda hidden.

So after the paint touch-ups, light layer of clear, wait 12 hours, sand for tooth, apply water slide decals, let dry for 12 hours, light coat of clear, wait 15 mins, wet coat of clear (that's the content of 1 can)

IMG_5856 (resized).JPGIMG_5856 (resized).JPGIMG_5893 (resized).JPGIMG_5893 (resized).JPGIMG_5888 (resized).JPGIMG_5888 (resized).JPGIMG_5886 (resized).JPGIMG_5886 (resized).JPG

#115 6 years ago

So this morning I was ready to tackle final sanding and final clearcoat!

I started using 600 grit but it did not leave the playfield flat enough without serious muscle. I previously wet sanded but did not like it and decided to do dry sanding this time around going with 400 grit and "Richard's" sanding block. That was it. I was able to get the playfield completely flat except a few low spots.

I do not care that much about low spots under the posts, more importantly I took care of the places where the ball travels and the eyes can see.

I used a sheet and half of 400 and wiped with naptha after each 1/4 of sheet.

I finished with my trusty green scotch-brite pad and gave a light 600 grit final sanding. Pretty good!

IMG_5896 (resized).JPGIMG_5896 (resized).JPG
IMG_5897 (resized).JPGIMG_5897 (resized).JPG
IMG_5898 (resized).JPGIMG_5898 (resized).JPG
IMG_5900 (resized).JPGIMG_5900 (resized).JPG
IMG_5901 (resized).JPGIMG_5901 (resized).JPG
IMG_5902 (resized).JPGIMG_5902 (resized).JPG
IMG_5904 (resized).JPGIMG_5904 (resized).JPG
IMG_5903 (resized).JPGIMG_5903 (resized).JPG
IMG_5907 (resized).JPGIMG_5907 (resized).JPG

#116 6 years ago

After, I vacuumed all the holes and blew with compressed air the whole thing. I did not want for debris to raise and fall once I shoot the final coat.

Wiped with naptha and tack cloth.

I then filled the low spots with clear using an eyedropper. I used my 3rd and last can of Spraymax. Sprayed in a cup and filled the low spots.

I then waited 20 mins to shoot the final heavy coat.

I was ready!

IMG_5909 (resized).JPGIMG_5909 (resized).JPGIMG_5910 (resized).JPGIMG_5910 (resized).JPGIMG_5911 (resized).JPGIMG_5911 (resized).JPGIMG_5912 (resized).JPGIMG_5912 (resized).JPGIMG_5913 (resized).JPGIMG_5913 (resized).JPG

#117 6 years ago

I was able to do multiple passes from different direction since the light bulbs seemed to blocked the clear depending of what direction I was shooting from. I did not want that to happen on the final coat.

It went very well. Good coverage. 1 hour in I took those pictures and it looks flat and true.

After polishing, it should look pretty sweet!

IMG_5914 (resized).JPGIMG_5914 (resized).JPG

IMG_5917 (resized).JPGIMG_5917 (resized).JPG

IMG_5916 (resized).JPGIMG_5916 (resized).JPG

IMG_5918 (resized).JPGIMG_5918 (resized).JPG

IMG_5919 (resized).JPGIMG_5919 (resized).JPG

IMG_5920 (resized).JPGIMG_5920 (resized).JPG

IMG_5921 (resized).JPGIMG_5921 (resized).JPG

IMG_5922 (resized).JPGIMG_5922 (resized).JPG

IMG_5923 (resized).JPGIMG_5923 (resized).JPG

#118 6 years ago

In the meantime, I continue cleaning other parts like flame polishing my lift ramp and cleaning my translite and back glass. Someone in the past used hockey tape (classic) to hold the translite to the glass and the glass to the bottom rail. I was able to remove all glue residue using naptha fuel.

Using Novus 2, I was also able to remove quite a lot of brown stuff from behind the translite even though it looked clean at first sight.

IMG_5879 (resized).JPGIMG_5879 (resized).JPG

IMG_5880 (resized).JPGIMG_5880 (resized).JPG

IMG_5881 (resized).JPGIMG_5881 (resized).JPG

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Looks amazing!

Thanks man. I feel it's all worth it now.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Nice job on the rework!

Thanks. The area where I filled low spots took way longer to cure and I got 1-2 spots where it bubbled. I guess I did not leave enough time before spraying over top the puddles.

I'll let it sit for at least a week and see what sanding does.

#124 6 years ago

Today I wet sanded my playfield in prep for the final polish. I started with 400 and hit some high spots. Then 600, 800, 1000, 1500. At this point, the playfield is ready to polish and I can start seeing the shine back on. What a mess wet sanding makes...

I have Meguiars M105 (Ultra-Cut Compound) and M205 (Ultra Finishing Polish) is stock and waiting on my polishing pads I ordered (unfortunately from china...)

In the meantime, I finished re-graining, polishing and waxing my ball guides and ball through. I find a coat of wax helps them keep there shine and prevent oxydation.

Before
IMG_5944 (resized).JPGIMG_5944 (resized).JPG
IMG_5950 (resized).JPGIMG_5950 (resized).JPG

After
IMG_5946 (resized).JPGIMG_5946 (resized).JPG
IMG_5951 (resized).JPGIMG_5951 (resized).JPG
IMG_5949 (resized).JPGIMG_5949 (resized).JPG

#125 6 years ago

Stored and ready for assembly.

IMG_5952 (resized).JPGIMG_5952 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#127 6 years ago

Thanks! Still waiting on my polishing pads from China... then it's back on the rotisserie!

1 week later
#128 6 years ago

I'm done! with my playfield. It made it's way back in the basement to repopulate. I was waiting for my polishing pads and I sanded the playfield prior. After the initial buffing pass, a bunch of scratches from the sandpaper showed up. I was disappointed. I thought the playfield looked way better when it came out of the last clear coat. I thought of may be re-shoot for a last coat and buff from there instead of sanding. But before, I then tried a more aggressive buffing and most of the scratches disappeared. Before, I re-sanded the whole playfield with 1500 and 2000 before buffing to get rid of the scratches.

Overall, it looks very good. I'm sure Kruzman would find a lot to work on but I'm happy with the result. Time to move on.

Here is the playfield before my first buffing:
IMG_6181 (resized).JPGIMG_6181 (resized).JPG

The scratches showing up:
IMG_6187 (resized).JPGIMG_6187 (resized).JPG

Second sanding and agressive buffing:
IMG_6184 (resized).JPGIMG_6184 (resized).JPG

After polishing:
IMG_6194 (resized).JPGIMG_6194 (resized).JPG

What I used:
IMG_6182 (resized).JPGIMG_6182 (resized).JPG

A few more:
IMG_6198 (resized).JPGIMG_6198 (resized).JPG
IMG_6199 (resized).JPGIMG_6199 (resized).JPG
IMG_6205 (resized).JPGIMG_6205 (resized).JPG
IMG_6201 (resized).JPGIMG_6201 (resized).JPG

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Great thread! I love what you're doing here.

Thanks buddy!

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Just spent an hour reading this whole thread. Great job! Thanks for the extensive photos and updates. You have tremendous patience and positive attitude. Can't wait to see your next resto. Better than any book or TV show. I really have enjoyed it. Thank you!

Thanks for the great word. Give me a boost to finish this project. I'm glad I could entertain

The playfield is back on the rotisserie and what a change in look since I pulled off the mylar. I gave a shoot at installing a few posts but I'll need to open up the holes before as some clear sunk and is blocking the easy way in.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Would you mind sharing your process for re-graining the ball guides?

For deep scratches, start with 120 grit sand paper, it will get rid off about pretty much all trails. Then you smooth out with finer grit. 320 to 600, then I use green 3M pad (i like it because it gets into corner and round area like lockdown bar corner). Then it's autosol metal polish with a microfiber rag, it will get smooth and shiny. I finish with a wax.

I do it by hand in 1 direction only. If you can clamp the piece in bench vice it helps get some muscle to it.

It won't get to mirror finish by hand but it does a great job no matter what. Clean your hand often to avoid fingerprints all over, autosol eats up metal and it gets messy.

This technic is also valid for side rails and lockdown bar. Mine came out like new.

Autosol (resized).pngAutosol (resized).png

#137 6 years ago

Installed the posts tonight. Takes way more time to put them back then take them off. Fun times though. My fingers are all cut from turning a fresh drill bit through the hole openings to shave some clear off.

Did not forget the washer underneath the left post near the target bank. Offset towards the back for max efficiency.

IMG_6237 (resized).JPGIMG_6237 (resized).JPG
IMG_6238 (resized).JPGIMG_6238 (resized).JPG

#138 6 years ago

Sorry for the post without pictures, I'll upload them tonight.

I spend 3 hours Saturday night (way past my bed time) to continue populating the playfield. So much fun!! I'm working the bottom part first. I started putting the pop bumpers back together but will need to undo a bunch or wires underneath to make room for my stapler... These wired socket are a pain to work with. I'll try to wiggle my way around and get the stapler in there.

I went with black skirt for the pop and I think it look bad ass. Also went with the black grommet for the way out of the pops.

Even though I took a bunch of pictures, I sometimes wonder what goes where... Also, Even though I compartmentalized all my screws and hardware, some mechs hardware were split and I find myself digging in multiple stash... I'm also missing some screws and stuff but I'm sure they will turn up and. As long as I used the correct screw size and type...

I also finished rebuilding the flippers and put back together. Here you can see my custom bracket for the return spring since I have the old style flipper bracket. All i'm missing is solder the wires the coils back as I'll do most of my soldering all at the same time.

#139 6 years ago

Here
IMG_6256 (resized).JPGIMG_6256 (resized).JPG

Bad ass black skirts:
IMG_6258 (resized).JPGIMG_6258 (resized).JPG

After deliberation, I'll actually go with the gray post on the left.
IMG_6259 (resized).JPGIMG_6259 (resized).JPG

IMG_6260 (resized).JPGIMG_6260 (resized).JPG

Custom spring bracket added to the switch stack, made of aluminum:
IMG_6261 (resized).JPGIMG_6261 (resized).JPG

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Damn that playfield is beautiful, I am so jealous. Keep the pictures coming love to see it coming together.

Thank you some much pal! I will keep posting these.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

What is the purpose of the washer?

Like Dudah said, it distributes the force of the ball hitting that tiny post at repetition. This post is famous for chewing up the playfield or simply breaking.

My post was broken and the shaft still in the threads, someone put in a big wood screw in front with a rubber sleeve around as replacement. Very common. I filled in the front hole and repaired around the correct hole with the T-nut underneath. This post is a 6-32 instead of 8-32 used pretty much elsewhere, especially in a vulnerable location. Design flaw.

fd1f8d7fd9522326e1d2500a746b637904462eea (resized).jpgfd1f8d7fd9522326e1d2500a746b637904462eea (resized).jpg

#146 6 years ago

Hmm.. Maybe I'll swap this out when i do mine.

What yours looks like?

#147 6 years ago

Spend 2 and half more hours late last night. Really, you can't put the screwdriver down, it's so much fun.

I was able to do the slingshots, the advance planet posts and most importantly the drop down targets assembly. What a bitch. There is a very particular order you got to put things back together.

I'm still waiting to finish the pops, I fear how I'll be able to solder and staple the sockets...

Pictures coming tonight.

#149 6 years ago

Pictures. I know it's not as exotic as other steps before but still I'll keep documenting.

I ordered new star posts for the front side and I'm going to re-use the old ones (they cleaned up very well) for the back and hidden places. The new blues are darker but that's fine as long as they are grouped together.
IMG_6263 (resized).JPGIMG_6263 (resized).JPG
IMG_6270 (resized).JPGIMG_6270 (resized).JPG

Every bolt and screw from the top side is polished using a drill, autosol metal polish and rag before being put back on. Get the shine on!
IMG_6264 (resized).JPGIMG_6264 (resized).JPG

Slingshots
IMG_6266 (resized).JPGIMG_6266 (resized).JPG

Drop-down target assembly
IMG_6267 (resized).JPGIMG_6267 (resized).JPG
IMG_6268 (resized).JPGIMG_6268 (resized).JPG

#151 6 years ago

Been able to spend some time working on it today and yesterday.

Finished up the pops. Had to remove the switch stacks to make some room for my air stapler. Did not need a long nose and was able to staple like I wanted. Neat.

IMG_6276 (resized).JPGIMG_6276 (resized).JPG
IMG_6280 (resized).JPGIMG_6280 (resized).JPG
IMG_6279 (resized).JPGIMG_6279 (resized).JPG
IMG_6278 (resized).JPGIMG_6278 (resized).JPG
IMG_6277 (resized).JPGIMG_6277 (resized).JPG

Also cleaned up and install the stand up targets. I'll need new foam pads but they look good after some polishing. Had to resolder some of the daisy chain wires that had break loose.
IMG_6282 (resized).JPGIMG_6282 (resized).JPG

Also solder my flipper coils and new EOS switches back. My soldering skills have gone from noob to beginner. I feel confident now.
IMG_6284 (resized).JPGIMG_6284 (resized).JPG

Also worked on the left side posts and installed the rails.
IMG_6281 (resized).JPGIMG_6281 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#152 6 years ago

Few more late nights this week and I'm almost done. All star posts on, all rubbers (I'm trying Titan silicon rubber on the slingshot), Comet lights are on both top side (2smd white sunlight frosted) and inserts (1smd color matching non-ghosting frosted) Also went with LED flashers in amber and yellow for the pops and sun (giving this a try) . Regular bulbs for the domes and 1251.

IMG_6332 (resized).JPGIMG_6332 (resized).JPG
IMG_6327 (resized).JPGIMG_6327 (resized).JPG
IMG_6330 (resized).JPGIMG_6330 (resized).JPG

The lift ramp needed some adjusting but it's all good now.

Feels good to install new plastic starting with the visor. I did not forget clear lexan washer for protection.
IMG_6341 (resized).JPGIMG_6341 (resized).JPG
IMG_6331 (resized).JPGIMG_6331 (resized).JPG

I'm also done with all the mechs on the underside including the target bank on the chest. New hole scoops, new wrappers.
IMG_6333 (resized).JPGIMG_6333 (resized).JPG
IMG_6334 (resized).JPGIMG_6334 (resized).JPG
IMG_6335 (resized).JPGIMG_6335 (resized).JPG

All I'm missing is the vortex and blue ramp and mini playfield, then it's the plastics. I should be able to plug the game for testing before I put it back in the cabinet and final plastics assembly.

And can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

IMG_6337 (resized).JPGIMG_6337 (resized).JPG

#154 6 years ago

I put in a full plastic protector set for piece of mind. Staying tuned about the washer performance.

I know the visor mask takes a beating. But the machine won't be played as much in a home environment, we'll see. On my previous plastic, the corners were broken so that I'm covered, but the eyes in the plastic were also cracked I think.

I'm curious about your experience with the LED flashers. I only use Comet bulbs and know their stuff is great.

I will, really its a try. The regular bulbs draw a lot of amps and I had fuses burning in the past, that should help. Will get more light as well from these 9smd. Just need to find the warming capacitor and remove them since they are not needed for LED.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

They are more practical in the areas you spoke of but they almost blind me to the point of a headache during gameplay lol.

Hehe, good thing though I can always remove some if they are too bright and adjust their positioning.

#159 6 years ago

Some more progress. I was not as close to the finish line as I thought Especially when you want everything near perfect.

Lane guides were all mashed up. New ones from Cliffy, enhanced version.
IMG_6344 (resized).JPGIMG_6344 (resized).JPG
IMG_6345 (resized).JPGIMG_6345 (resized).JPG

New plastics, new colored domes. I installed them with smalls screws as I don't have a rivet press. Looks good.
IMG_6349 (resized).JPGIMG_6349 (resized).JPG
IMG_6354 (resized).JPGIMG_6354 (resized).JPG

All screws from top side gets polished before going back on. Common screws are all new and polished as well.
IMG_6355 (resized).JPGIMG_6355 (resized).JPG

Had some trouble figuring this plastic/posts/gate combination. Looked online and many seem to have a diferent setup depending on what post they have. The post with a washer seems to differ from build to build. I went this way. I like to have a tiny washer over plastic to avoid eating through the opening.
IMG_6353 (resized).JPGIMG_6353 (resized).JPG

I had a hand-made replacement for the big blue plastic, this one is fresh and looks very good to me. as other vulnerable spot, protected with clear lexan washers.
IMG_6351 (resized).JPGIMG_6351 (resized).JPG
IMG_6352 (resized).JPGIMG_6352 (resized).JPG

New vortex, new decals. Looking clean and looking good.
IMG_6362 (resized).JPGIMG_6362 (resized).JPG
IMG_6348 (resized).JPGIMG_6348 (resized).JPG

#163 6 years ago

So nice for you guys to say, thanks! I promised myself to do it right and to document as much as possible. I would never undertake a pinball restoration if it wasn't to all those resourceful threads.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I see you went with the LED rings in the pops

I originally had them in my Diner when I bought it but they made no sense. I think they look sci-fi so I'm trying them on Pinbot. We'll see.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm generally not a fan of those LED pop rings

Oh I agree. I usually run single SMD no dome on my pops. But I figured I would give them a try.

And yes, if they weren't underneath the mini playfield, it would be probably be a no go. But it might actually give a nice effect.

#168 6 years ago

One more thing about those rings, there is a screw to adjust the brightness so you don't have to over do it. They throw a lot of light both up and down already.

1 week later
#169 6 years ago

Spend some more time wrapping up the playfield before I plug it back.

I forgot about the little plastic on top of the drop-down targets. So I installed it back.

I don't like using new screws for stuff hidden at the back so I swapped some with my White Water. Basically taking very visible old screws and putting new ones there. Then polishing the old ones and using them instead. Same technique used before borrowed from many well known restorers.
IMG_6485 (resized).JPGIMG_6485 (resized).JPG
IMG_6487 (resized).JPGIMG_6487 (resized).JPG

I cleaned up the underside putting about 20-25 additional zip-tie. Might as well do that while the game is on the rottiserie.
IMG_6475 (resized).JPGIMG_6475 (resized).JPG
IMG_6474 (resized).JPGIMG_6474 (resized).JPG
IMG_6473 (resized).JPGIMG_6473 (resized).JPG

To prepare to install the back board, I first had to install the back rail and in order to do that I first had to take the playfiled off the rottiserie. I was carefull placing it on the side. I could have it lay on the tip of the vortex. I installed the rail, the posts which I did not remember which one goes where and the red plastic in the corner.

About the red plastic, I first tried to install my new repro one but did not fit very well. I ended up putting the original one back on, it's in perfect condition anyway and so far from the eyes, probably impossible to see...

IMG_6471 (resized).JPGIMG_6471 (resized).JPG
IMG_6477 (resized).JPGIMG_6477 (resized).JPG
IMG_6472 (resized).JPGIMG_6472 (resized).JPG
IMG_6478 (resized).JPGIMG_6478 (resized).JPG

The playfield made its way back next to my cabinet and I will hook it up this week-end as I should have free time on Sunday. (knocking on wood, toc toc.) Shop feels empty, kinda.

IMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6488 (resized).JPG
IMG_6489 (resized).JPGIMG_6489 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#170 6 years ago

Almost wrapped up my game tonight. I'll come back for details and more picture. Got to go to sleep. It's work tomorrow, can't have fun all night long.

A sneak peek to sum it up. I can't stop smiling. I cannot wait to play my first game in 15 months.
IMG_6505.JPGIMG_6505.JPG
IMG_6509.JPGIMG_6509.JPG
IMG_6517.JPGIMG_6517.JPG
IMG_6522.JPGIMG_6522.JPG

1 week later
#178 6 years ago

So, I wrapped up my Pinbot project today. I put the glass on. It's done. Played my first few games after solving a few issues. I feel empty but happy. The anxiety of taking something perfectly working and putting in into thousand of pieces without knowing the final outcome is gone. I meet my expectations and saw the project through. Here's a recap of the finals steps.

Put my game back on without the back board was not a good idea. It's been a pain to be able to screw it back...

When I first turned on the game. GI fuses blew up and no playfield GI was working. I found a misplaced wire.

Then at game start the ramp would act up. During the restoration a wire broke of from the visor motor and I put in back on the wrong way, causing issue. Thanks to fellow Pinsiders helping me out on this one as well.

I also have a missing segment on all digits for both my player 1-2 displays. I still need to sort it out but not a deal breaker. I need to get myself a logic probe.

The game plays super well, did not required much adjusting except a few switch. The vortex skill shot works great. Blue is the perfect spring as a full plunge will get to the top without destroying it.

New and clean mechs works well. My slingshots are powerful as hell as my pop bumpers. New rubbers makes the game feel different. The scoop holes catch the ball very well. New return lanes from Cliffy are precise and fast. The game is tight.

I love the 2SMD sunlight GI, bright but not blinding and sterile like cool white. Love them.

Here are some more final pictures, some before and after. If anyone ever wants pictures of Pinbot for any reason, I took 1044 photos of the game throughout, just ask.

Cheers guys. Thanks for following and see you on the next project thread

Before:
IMG_3203 (resized).JPGIMG_3203 (resized).JPG
IMG_3110 (resized).JPGIMG_3110 (resized).JPG
IMG_3221 (resized).JPGIMG_3221 (resized).JPG

After:
IMG_3741 (resized).JPGIMG_3741 (resized).JPG
IMG_3679 (resized).JPGIMG_3679 (resized).JPG
IMG_4270 (resized).JPGIMG_4270 (resized).JPG
IMG_4271 (resized).JPGIMG_4271 (resized).JPG

Before:
IMG_3551 (resized).JPGIMG_3551 (resized).JPG

After:
IMG_3574 (resized).JPGIMG_3574 (resized).JPG

Before:
IMG_4021 (resized).JPGIMG_4021 (resized).JPG
IMG_4035 (resized).JPGIMG_4035 (resized).JPG

After:
IMG_4027 (resized).JPGIMG_4027 (resized).JPG
IMG_4037 (resized).JPGIMG_4037 (resized).JPG

Before:
IMG_3752 (resized).JPGIMG_3752 (resized).JPG
IMG_4397 (resized).JPGIMG_4397 (resized).JPG
IMG_4464 (resized).JPGIMG_4464 (resized).JPG
IMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4461 (resized).JPG
IMG_4459 (resized).JPGIMG_4459 (resized).JPG

After:
IMG_6348 (resized).JPGIMG_6348 (resized).JPG
IMG_6204 (resized).JPGIMG_6204 (resized).JPG
IMG_6199 (resized).JPGIMG_6199 (resized).JPG
IMG_6194 (resized).JPGIMG_6194 (resized).JPG
IMG_6519 (resized).JPGIMG_6519 (resized).JPG
IMG_6518 (resized).JPGIMG_6518 (resized).JPG
IMG_6594 (resized).JPGIMG_6594 (resized).JPG
IMG_6584 (resized).JPGIMG_6584 (resized).JPG
IMG_6589 (resized).JPGIMG_6589 (resized).JPG
IMG_6590 (resized).JPGIMG_6590 (resized).JPG
IMG_6596 (resized).JPGIMG_6596 (resized).JPG
IMG_6587 (resized).JPGIMG_6587 (resized).JPG
IMG_6583 (resized).JPGIMG_6583 (resized).JPG

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Wow! Beautiful! Can you tell us how you lit up the blue ramp?

Thanks. It a led strip that goes around the whole way, inside the ramp on the front side.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Damn dude...I don't even care for the original pinbot but this looks amazing!!!

Thanks!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wow this machine looks great for a "beginner", I think you were bending the truth there.

Not at all. I was a noob. But in this era of DIY, with good instructions and little patience, everyone can achieve great things.

Good luck on your SBM project and I'm sure it will make you proud!

1 month later
#191 6 years ago

Thanks man!

1 week later
#195 6 years ago

Thank you guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Plumonium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-restoration-underway?tu=Plumonium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.