Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ChicagoPinReplay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone! I am new to Pinside and am excited to jump right in and start my collection! I have the opportunity to purchase one of my dream pins a Pinbot and I am looking for some advice. The machine seems to be in excellent condition and everything appears to be in working order. My primary concern is the unit is missing the red flash bar topper. I am not sure if this is a common thing or how it impacts the value. The lowest the seller will go is $1,600 and I am not sure that is a fair price with the topper missing. Is this a piece that I can replace and if so where would I go about purchasing one? To me having the machine complete with the topper is a must. Is there anything else I should keep my eyes peeled for specifically when buying a Pinbot? Sorry for all the questions this would be my first machine purchase so I'm quite green to all of this. Thanks everyone!!

#2 4 years ago

$1600 is probably a fair price if the playfield and cabinet are in good shape, and the game fully works. It really depends on your area, and how often games come up. No topper sucks, but many were decapitated by doorways. There is a reproduction in the works but it will be $2-300ish once it's available. The machine is probably also missing the 8 flasher sockets that are covered by the topper. Inspect the mpu for battery leak damage (keeping in mind the guilty batteries might not be the current ones). Go through the test menus and make sure everything works: displays, lamps, coils and flashers, sounds and speech.

#3 4 years ago

The red flash bar is being remade.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-group-buy/page/4
but you would still need to source the bright orange plastic base that goes between the bar and the backbox itself. You'd also need the wiring harness and lamp bases, you'd likely have to find someone parting out a machine for those.

#5 4 years ago

Make sure you check and see if the spiral ramp is cracked/damaged. Most of them are at the top. $1600 is a fair price if everything works and there is no playfield wear... check around the eye sockets and bonus holes

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for all of the advice, tips and information everyone! It is greatly appreciated!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shady Side, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!