3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mbudman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I just purchased a pinbot. The game was working fine (or at least appeared to be fine) prior to me getting it.

When it was taken apart, the batteries (3 x AA 1.5 volts) were removed.

Upon setting up and reconnecting, I am encountering 2 errors:

1. ball missing
    2. when pressing diagnostics on CPU - Memprot failure

I thought memprot failure was because the batteries were disconnected for about three months. I replaced with new batteries, but still error.

I tried manually press the trough switches, but still not luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbudman:

Hello,
    I just purchased a pinbot. The game was working fine (or at least appeared to be fine) prior to me getting it.
    When it was taken apart, the batteries (3 x AA 1.5 volts) were removed.
    Upon setting up and reconnecting, I am encountering 2 errors:
    1. ball missing
    2. when pressing diagnostics on CPU - Memprot failure
    I thought memprot failure was because the batteries were disconnected for about three months. I replaced with new batteries, but still error.
    I tried manually press the trough switches, but still not luck.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Mark

1. Pinbot uses 2 pinballs. They both need to be in the trough to start a game. Use the switch test to see if your trough switches are working.
    2. Inspect the interlock switch on the coin door. Was the coin door open or closed when you pressed the test switch?

#3 3 years ago

Delete, bad info. Manual says two balls.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbudman:

memprot failure

Do you get this error if the coin door is closed when you turn on the game? Or do you get the adjustment failure?

#5 3 years ago

I got it working. I disconnected all the cables and reconnected them and it started working.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Mark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.