New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 128489)

Pinbot price check?

By Hazoff

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gerrard17
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC00007 (2).JPG
DSC00285.JPG
bot (15).JPG
bot (2).JPG
bot (3).JPG
8.jpg
9.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a chance to buy a restored Pinbot but the guy wants 3K. Heres some pics of the Pin and the restoration. What is a fair offer, this a game that I want for my collection and would rather have a great example but don't want to overpay either. What do you guys think. Thanks

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg
#2 5 years ago

A few more.

bot (2).JPG bot (3).JPG bot (15).JPG DSC00007 (2).JPG DSC00285.JPG
#3 5 years ago

Here's my two cents worth. It looks turnkey. Fantastic cabinet, I wish mine was as good. By the time you buy (a player) and do the restoration yourself you'll easily have three grand in it. I've got some Pinsiders will say it's too much money, but I think it's a good deal.

#4 5 years ago

Repo playfield? Does he have the topper?

#5 5 years ago

Yes it has the topper and it looks perfect as well, I think he removed the mylar from the playfield and then cleaned and touched up some spots, then clearcoated, its very shiny and looks amazing.

#6 5 years ago

Heres a video of the Pinbot in action. I don't think they can play as well as they fix up pins.

#7 5 years ago

I think you can find a lot better game then pinbot for 3k. Not that pinbot is a bad game just not a 3k game any condition. Just my 2 cents.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

I think you can find a lot better game then pinbot for 3k. Not that pinbot is a bad game just not a 3k game any condition. Just my 2 cents.

I think I've owned the majority of DMD's in that price range and system 11's in resto condition will all be in and around 3K. Believe me I told the guy if it was 2200 or even 2500 I would have bought by now but then I also think how many worn down examples I've seen over the years and if I'm willing to pay 2500 whats another 5bills. Look at me trying to justify the price, its a process I tell ya. Thanks guys

#9 5 years ago

3K USD or Canadian?

#10 5 years ago

You can get a player for 12-14. add a pf and cab restore, and what do u have? A 3k machine that u better enjoy. spend it now or later if this is what u want.

#11 5 years ago

3K Canadian delivered.

#12 5 years ago

Pinbot is such a kick ass game. For one that pretty I'd do it.

#13 5 years ago

That looks like a real gem of a pinbot. Most people will laugh at that price tag - nobody thinks of it as a $3k game, but you could easily get to $3 grand turning a players pinbot into that one. Especially if your time is worth anything. I say make an offer. It's Canadian dollars so it's not like you're spending real money anyway.

(I kid, I kid. I truly love Canada - we own a cabin in Quebec near Ottawa and we spend a month there every summer. Even got married there)

#14 5 years ago

Those yellow flipper bats look hideous. Put in white ones.

#15 5 years ago

I can see 3k for a mint Pin Bot. I love mine owned it over 20 years it's in good condition but has play field wear by eye sockets and pop bumpers on the right.

I also have a vortex that is super glued at top and a broken play field plastic left side. (I do have replacements parts)

That being said it is a classic game I doubt I would ever sell. I see HEP at prices way above my price point. Someone is going to be happy owner. I agree what's an extra $500 or so in the big picture, for perfection.

Good luck

#16 5 years ago

Bought it today, will be here in a week. Very excited
Thanks for the advice.

#17 5 years ago

Congrats!

#19 5 years ago

Congrats. I picked one up in almost a nice a condition a couple of months ago. It still has the original mylar and a few cabinet dings.

#20 5 years ago

Don't look back. Fair price for that game in that condition.

#21 5 years ago

yeah, that's a pretty cherry game. $3k isn't out of line. i bought a beater players grade one for 700 a few years back. thought about doing some restoration on it at some point, possibly switch out the PF. not the prettiest example, but plays nice.

#22 5 years ago

Not a bad price. Really, it's $2400 in US funds ($3000 can funds). Not too way off.

I think system 11s that have been cleared and touched up, etc run $2500. Ones with a cpr swap in, you're talking more 3000.

1 week later
#23 5 years ago

Got it today and its real nice, you can see that the playfield was touched up a little and the whites are more beige than white but it plays great. I really haven't played this pin since the 90's and its way better than I remember, the sound is awesome, SFX are very cool. Love it. Again Thank you the advice. Done

#24 5 years ago

Congrats. Pin it is a classic!

#25 5 years ago

I put ~$4700 into my full Taxi restore, of course I doubt I could get $3K if I sold it. I think $2400 USD is right on the money for the game you got. I would have paid a little extra for a CPR playfield but either way the pics you posted show a really nice game.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I would have paid a little extra for a CPR

Yeah thats the only drag, I mean it looks new but the fading gives it away. Just did the lights and man is this a beautiful looking pinball machine. I'll post some pics in the owners club soon.

#27 5 years ago

Congrats on the cherry pinbot.
There's nothing like a fully restored pin.

Besides, if you are ok dropping 1900 on a D&D, this pinbot for 3k is a no brainer!

#28 5 years ago

My D and D is in real nice shape and I bought from a fellow pinsider/locally known decent fella who wanted 1900, whats a fair price for that anyway? I'm not selling it but I've played a few other 6803's and they suck in comparison, well Truckstop is pretty cool.

#29 5 years ago

Just got one in Australia for $800AUD with a topper... needless to say it needs some work but it is complete.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waxahachie, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mullica Hill, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside