Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BadBrad97
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo (34).JPG
2013-07-20 09.14.30.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hello. Bought a pinbot to play and eventually restore. Restoration is maybe 6 months away but plan to play it in the meantime.

My machine is complete except for a missing playfield post (pictured). I'm using a pic that's not mine (thanks to NJGecko for posting such good pics on his pics site).

I'm having a hard time finding a part number for this post. Manual doesn't list it. Also, Terry at pinballlife has a plastic sleeve that seems very similar but nothing metal. Can anybody tell me:

A. part number to replace with stock.
B. if stock was a wood screw, a part number of a t-nut equiv since my wood is mangled.
C. part number or combination of part numbers if I want to replace it with a white cliffy post.

Thanks in advance. I don't know why I am having trouble finding this $2 post. I found a few where the rubber was higher up and not centered as this one is.

Dan

2013-07-20 09.14.30.jpg
#2 6 years ago

Dan,

I also have a Pinbot that I am currently working on. My machine has a different post than you are looking for. Here is a picture of what mine has. Also, if you check www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1796&picno=21843&zoom=1 you will see that the picture posted at ipdb is different from yours or mine. I don't think it makes too much difference.

My post screws into the wood but Marco Specialties sells both types if you need one with a threaded post versus the wood screw. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5749-00. I kind of like the yellow post shown in the ipdb photo but until my game is finished and working I can't tell you how it may affect the play.photo (34).JPG

Marco Specialties has many posts and you can probably find what you need there. Also, I have an original Pinbot manual and I checked it but that particular post is not on the parts list.

Hope this helps.

Al

#3 6 years ago

I ran into this exact same problem last weekend while tearing into my Pinbot, and I almost asked a question here about it. Weird!

Mine has been snapped off below the playfield. I'm pretty sure it's a threaded post because I think I seen a T-nut half buried underneath the moving target assembly. Digging around the manual, IPDB and the usual pinball sellers, I found myself coming to the conclusion that the post must be the same as the one in the center dividing the left and right lock with the yellow post sleeve. If I remember correctly, that's the only one in the manual that has a part number tied to it. I think it is a 02-4036 -1 or -2 but I'm not 100% certain yet. Does anyone else know for sure?

#4 6 years ago

Check out this post here, we never came up with anything for sure.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-what-piece-goes-here

#5 6 years ago

Thanks guys! Very helpful. I'll end up posting what I come up with in my restoration thread.

#6 6 years ago

The first one is the mini-post that bolts into a t-nut and the second one is a mini-post that screws into the playfield. Be sure to use a washer under both. The reason that most of the routed ones have the heavier post is because this spot takes a beating and unless it is super tight (with washer) then it loosens quickly and snaps off or digs up the wood so bad it is flopping around. The above picture is correct.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inverness, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Mankato, MN
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside