(Topic ID: 107886)

Pinbot paint

By thelazybman

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Any one have a good match of Pinbots cabinet paint I'm looking to do some touch up, not a new paint job A specific brand/color code??? thanks

#2 9 years ago

Not possible for several reasons.

During production, often different companies made batches of the same parts/cabinets/etc. So, there are variations there.

Different cabinets fade at different rates, depending on the paints that were used, and how much sunlight the cabinet was exposed to over its lifetime.

Between those two factors, there is no "official" go-to color for anything, nor would an "official" color color match with the paint on your particular cabinet.

That said, there are some tips here:

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/pinball-restoration/tutorials-and-techniques/209-matching-paint-colors

#3 9 years ago

I have read some people have taken the head of the game to paint store for color matching. I have removed a cleat from back box and taken it to Sherwin Williams and they did a great job matching paint

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

I have read some people have taken the head of the game to paint store for color matching

I did that when I restored my Pinbot.

thelazybman, if you want to try the color codes for the paint I used, let me know.
Just keep in mind what ForceFlow said about variations in the paint.

#5 9 years ago

These paint colors (Black, Yellow, Red) were used on a bunch of pins in this era (Comet, Cyclone, etc...) If someone found a good match for one of those colors it's a good start

#6 9 years ago

I have some gloss black rustoleum that I use for the black. I've also used Ace Hardware's cheaper equiv with good results. On the colors, it's what they said above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-paint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.