Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Atomicboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Seriously. Pinbot is an outlane drain monster.

I've got them both closed as much as possible. Still, crazy drains.

What to do?

#2 12 years ago

ha, it even is on the williams hof on 360 as well.

#3 12 years ago

Learn to nudge - which the game teaches better than most. Nudging is needed in this game more than any other, and after owning for well over a year now, I swear my ball times have tripled for this game, and have increased in other games as well, given the nudging lessons on this machine.

Do not be one of these haters of this game because of it being a drainer, this is one of the great things of pinbot - if you play well, you roll and reach the sun, if you are not playing well, it kicks you in the ass like no other.

It is one of the best machines ever made.

#4 12 years ago

I guess I need to get more aggressive with my nudging.

Don't get me wrong. I love this game! The art, music, voice, and sound effects are beautiful.

#5 12 years ago

I had a lovely Pinbot but just never came to love it because of the drains, usually straight off a pop bumper into the left. I don't nudge my games, it puts stress on the cabinets and leg mountings. I don't care if they're designed for it.

#6 12 years ago

Put it on coasters not casters and get it on hardwood or concrete floors.

Then you can really nudge it =-)

I saw a guy once that connected an extra rubber across the outlane gaps so the only way to lose the ball was down the center. That is one way of doing it.

#7 12 years ago

My solution was simpler, I found it a new home

Does Jackbot do the same thing?

#8 12 years ago

No nudging? Haha, that is the most important skill in pinball practically...these things were meant to be played, not just to look at :p

#9 12 years ago

Get better And there is no better game that I know of to improve your pinball skill than Pinbot.

Tracy

#10 12 years ago

I only know this table from Jackbot but I totally agree. There is just something about that geometry that makes feel safe. And then the ball is gone.

Added to this, the kick out holes don't release the ball in the same fashion each time. Brutal game.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

No nudging? Haha, that is the most important skill in pinball practically

Agreed. Nudging skill"z" extend your ball times dramatically. You don't need to get aggressive, slight nudging, and "feeling all the bumpers" as the song goes.

You really learn to "feel" what way the cab needs to be worked, without doing much at all sometimes.

Having said that, gameplay on Pinbot can just be a dirty little whore at times too, but I love it.

#12 12 years ago

Pinbot is the game i learned to play on, so it doesn't seem like a drain monster to me. Personally, i don't think anything needs to be done as long as the machine is levelled correctly. I think improving your skills is the main thing you need to do, no offense.

Pinbot doesn't have nothin' on TZ in regards to frustrating drains.

#13 12 years ago

I don't notice a lot of drains out of the pops. If you do, make sure the PF is level.

PB is hard, but I have A LOT more drains in the outlane's on Flash.

#14 12 years ago

It's a beast, but the suggestion to nudge might be a winner. Especially with the center post added into the equation... I'll have to try on mine. I've only recently become a 'nudger'.

And my TZ seems to never give me frustrating drains! I've always considered it to me my most 'fair' pin, in that when I suck, it makes me feel like I'm the problem. Meanwhile, STTNG for outlanes...

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

And my TZ seems to never give me frustrating drains! I've always considered it to me my most 'fair' pin

Remove the cheater posts in the pop bumper section

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.