Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pezpunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Well I woke up this morning and for whatever reason thought it would be fun to own a Pinbot machine. Might be cool to start collecting a few of the old classics we all loved. Used to play Pinbot for hours at Sams Town in Norcal.

Don't know where to start and ebay looks like a scam being you can't see the condition or know how she plays.

Are there any suggested sites (other than here) where one can find some quality shopping?

Sorry for the newb post, I'll start reading through this forum for more answers.

Kevin

#2 7 years ago

There are a lot of Pinbots out there. Be patient and one will come up on here or KLOV reasonably priced. Good look on the search and be careful, pinball machines multiply.

#3 7 years ago

I would be patient as well, as mentioned. My golden rule is that wanted ads jack the price up. So if you have any other machines you want consider making a small wishlist in your head and keeping an eye out for all of them for maximum "efficiency". Good luck!

#4 7 years ago

Place a wanted to buy post here with your location. You could have people coming to you.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks guys.... No rush here... Before patience set in I almost bought the one on ebay this morning for $3100!

Quoted from Rasavage:

Good look on the search and be careful, pinball machines multiply.

HAHA that made me laugh... I CAN see that happening

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Letsroe:

Thanks guys.... No rush here... Before patience set in I almost bought the one on ebay this morning for $3100

Whoa pump the brakes there.

#8 7 years ago

You'll get one, and without paying $3100. You can get a nice one for well under $1500 if you're patient enough.

#9 7 years ago

PinBot is a great game (I have one), but there are a TON of great games. Take some time to play around on Pinball Arcade if you're just dipping your toe into the hobby. Also check out the website below to get an idea about all the different strategy there can be on different machines:

http://pinballvideos.com/?t=

If you're looking for a single, specific title, you'll tend to either be waiting a good long while, or you'll pay too much.

If you have 3100 to pay for a machine right now you have a lot of good options. Things have been kinda crazy on pricing over the past few years, but you could still land PinBot and another budget title with that amount. Go for another title, and set aside 1500 for a pinbot so you're ready when one comes up. Just my advice.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Deaconlooze for the Pinball Arcade tip. Good stuff

Thanks everyone for the advice... I pumped the brakes

#11 7 years ago

Owning a pin is super fun! Definitely do it! Quick advice for a noob:

- avoid eBay
- avoid retailers
- find a machine here on Pinside being sold by a collector.
- play it in person before buying.
- be open to several titles - the exact game you want isn't always available locally.
- be patient. Don't talk yourself into making a mistake (that $3k eBay Pin*Bot would have been a terrible mistake!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-newbie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.