Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spyk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Does this exist? Me and my father used to play on the NES all the time. Honestly if it wasn't for that I don't think I would have gotten into Pinball. I guess I see all these light show mods that happen when modes are activated, and I was wondering if someone could make an effect like that for pinbot.

For those that don't know, in the NES game the lights on the game would change color after you shot for solar value (I think) and new obstacles that could take your ball away would show up. Now obviously I'm not worried about the ball being taken away but the light show part would be amazing. I'm contemplating buying one so my father and I could play the real thing but this would seal the deal for sure.

Maybe someone would have some reference material on how to make such mods so 20 years from now I could perfect it . Maybe I'm in the vast minority but I think that would just be cool as hell.

#2 5 years ago

A game that does what you are describing from the same era is Space Station. It had a whole separate GI system for when it was in multiball.

Would be a lot of work.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

A game that does what you are describing from the same era is Space Station. It had a whole separate GI system for when it was in multiball.
Would be a lot of work.

hmmm, with todays RGB led strips you wouldnt need an entire separate gi system just something that can control the new lights in the current gi sockets. likely would need a p roc board to run new code tho but i have no idea. perhaps a cleaver person could code it into a raspberry pi to run the lights?

#4 5 years ago

So here is what I was wondering. This effect, could it be achieved through say pin stadium or led light strips? For instance I just got a Tron pro but it has the Eli ramp mod. This works off of cues from the game much in the same way the Le works (or at least I would think so). Could you not program LED strips to go on the upper inside like pin stadium and program them with a chip to change the color after shooting solar value while multiball is running?

#5 5 years ago

In essence I'm looking for the hue on the play field much on the same way you see these light show mods do when activating different modes like acdc for instance.

6 months later
#6 5 years ago

So turns out, much later than I posted this, a buddy of mine is getting into programming. He's saying it will be a lengthy process with all this being over phone as he lives states away and limited time but with any luck, if I can find myself a pin bot, we are going to give this a shot. Thanks for the response

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-light-nes-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.