Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tray Liner (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
pinbot_flippers_complete_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
F8604891-6DE7-4B0C-9E73-AF11FCC9F311 (resized).jpeg
DB8D64D0-AF53-4E46-A693-231E25F6401E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RNajarian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I am about to service the right side flipper in my Pin*Bot. I have noted some discrepancies in my research that I was wondering about.

Looking at the schematic in the manual you can see that the right side flipper does not seem to have a lane change assembly attached. The upper flipper assembly in the photo which denotes the left side does have the lane change assembly. (photo 1)

The second photo which I apologize for the blurriness is a photograph of the flipper which is currently installed on the right side. As you can see this assembly does have the flipper lane change assembly.

I Purchased from Pinball Life a brand new (supposedly) plug-and-play replacement assembly for the right side flipper. (Photo 3) you will notice in this photograph that the replacement part does not have the lane change assembly.

Of course it would be very simple to add the lane change assembly from the old flipper unit to the new one. But before I do that I was just curious what the brain trust trust thought about the situation, And why the right side flipper assembly does not have the lane change assembly in the schematic but there was one installed in the actual machine.

Forgive me if this is a newbie question but I could not find an answer in my search on the forum, thank you for your time.

DB8D64D0-AF53-4E46-A693-231E25F6401E (resized).jpegDB8D64D0-AF53-4E46-A693-231E25F6401E (resized).jpegF8604891-6DE7-4B0C-9E73-AF11FCC9F311 (resized).jpegF8604891-6DE7-4B0C-9E73-AF11FCC9F311 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

Thanks for your reply Wayout440. I resoldered and bolted the new assembly in place this morning. I also recycled the lane change switch by screwing it into place. The repair went well. Amazing how the flippers lose their mojo over time.

Thanks again for your response.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinthetic:

There are many mistakes in pinball manuals even as they tried their best to not make any. If the party responsible for setting up the parts on that was not real pinball savvy I can see missing it. Look at the tray liner. Clearly shows Lane Change both sides. Nice catch by the way.

I wonder if we could request from the Moderators that they set up a separate forum where we could identify errors in the various owners manuals that came with our machines. I have read some game manuals have errors in power supply and display schematics. You set it up by game and people post what errors/omissions they have found.

Just Thinking . . .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RNajarian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-lane-change-switch?tu=RNajarian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.