• 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by alveolus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0000pb.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

Mine is definitely a silk screened (or whatever is called) backglass. Not a translite at all.

Can you take a photo of this with the trim off on one side? This discussion has come up many many times on RGP, and always turns out that it is a translite when people examine more closely.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Can you take a photo of this with the trim off on one side?

Would like to see this too. A real backglass for Pinbot would be sweet

#53 11 years ago

I just picked up a pinbot without backglass and scores for $400 here in Denver. Machine was in pretty good condition, wear around the kickouts and a little playfied wear. Previous owner started parting it out, I managed to snag it before he got to far. I've put around $300 into it and now have a fully working machine. Great game - very addicting.

#54 11 years ago

My pinbot has ink-on-glass, no translight. As a matter of fact some of the paint wore off under one of the lights.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Can you take a photo of this with the trim off on one side? This discussion has come up many many times on RGP, and always turns out that it is a translite when people examine more closely.

I will take a photo tonight when I get home from work...you guys are all making me second guess myself.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

My pinbot has ink-on-glass, no translight. As a matter of fact some of the paint wore off under one of the lights.

That happens to translights also.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4130&picno=54703

#57 11 years ago

Well I'll be a slow roasted dogs a$$hole, it's a translite! The translite is so tight against the glass, I assumed it was silk screened. Never looked closely until now. I have been enlightened.

#58 11 years ago

There actually are *real* Pin-bot backglasses, but they were used on the "Unidesa/Cirsa/Stargame" versions of this game. But yeah the US Pin-bots which are the majority out there are translites.. many people have sworn theirs is not a translite until they look very close. There was actually an RGP discussion on this last year and someone had said they really did have a backglass & turned out to be that they owned this Unidesa Pin-bot. Pretty neat.. check out the playfield differences too (IPDB link below).. looks a bit different

See here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4130

"Notes: This is a customized version of Williams' 1986 'PIN·BOT'. Williams supplied some of the Pin-Bot parts in a "kit" form to Unidesa. The documentation in our Files section describes the kits as consisting of "various playfield and electronic parts" and indicates that Unidesa would make their own backglasses. A quantity of 750 kits were ordered by Unidesa, but we do not know if all of them were made into full games."

#59 11 years ago

So CPR is making a backglass?

#60 11 years ago

So CPR is making a backglass?

Link here http://www.classicplayfields.com/updates.html

0000pb.jpg0000pb.jpg

#61 11 years ago

A few weeks ago I was able to play a Pinbot. It must have been years since I played one as I didn't remember much about it. What an outstanding game it is! I was impressed with the soundtrack and how much fun gameplay is. An absolute classic in my opinion.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Why a remake of this first machine was done, I don't know.

I know: $$$$$$

Pinbot was a VERY successful playfield design from an earlier era, perhaps the most successful playfield design from that era. Williams wanted to do some cost cutting, so they dropped it into a machine and reprogrammed it for a DMD.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

Well I'll be a slow roasted dogs a$$hole, it's a translite! The translite is so tight against the glass, I assumed it was silk screened. Never looked closely until now. I have been enlightened.

I told ya man I thought the same thing, and everyone else has too. It's a very strange thing as I noted previously with Pinbot, and a very common discussion.

#64 11 years ago

I own two of these along with Bride of pinbot. Bought a third for my motherinlaw years ago and she played the machine for many years then resold it for more than I bought it for. Super strong and never breaks down. Williams games rule!!!!!

Rob

#65 11 years ago

Just finished the inserts and backbox on my new Pinbot with LED's, - looks stunning! Have not done the GI's yet, but I have a box of Cointaker retros waiting for the full playfield pull out/tear-down/clean up for those. Trying to decide if I'm gonna yank the mylar and clear it while it's out. May as well I guess. Really suprized at how much I'm liking this game, guess it's one of those that grows on you. Ruled the universe tonight for the first time - SWEEEET!

#66 11 years ago

Saw a Pinbot in Denver on Craigslist for $600 yesterday. Owner says everything works. Not sure where you are or if the machine is still available - but price seems good to me.

#67 11 years ago

Pinbot is one game that i'll never part with. AND the shop out is simple.

If only I could get that damn shooter rod aligned correctly.

#68 11 years ago

Best music in all of Pinball. fantastically otherworldly!

Check out this cool mix of it here: http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Audio_Files/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-i-finally-get-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.