Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by MaxAsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinbot_Hood_warped (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

Hello All - working on a project Pinbot and I noticed that the "hood" is pretty warped, almost like it got heated up over time. I've worked on a couple other Pinbots and never seen this before. Before I go doing anything crazy, I was wondering if my best bet is to carefully heat it up and reshape it?

Normally with warped or bowed plastics that's the easiest thing to do, but in those cases they're usually supposed to be "flat" so it's easy to heat them and flatten them using various methods. In this case, I'm not sure what the best suggestion is, so I thought I'd seek a little advice before tackling it.

Thanks!

Pinbot_Hood_warped (resized).jpg
#2 10 months ago

Wow that is seriously warped. Only thing I can think of is careful use of a heat gun and reshape it. Might lose the decal though if the adhesive lets loose from the heat.

#3 10 months ago

I’m pretty sure Freeplay40 is makes a replacement visor. Check out his thread. I think it’s labeled Freeplay40 replacement ramps?

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from compton17:

I’m pretty sure Freeplay40 is makes a replacement visor. Check out his thread. I think it’s labeled Freeplay40 replacement ramps?

Good call thanks ... and holy cow that red/blue ramp he did looks great. I will carefully try to work with the one I have, and if that fails, I'll have to hit up Freeplay40.

His Ramp (before finished product... but wow) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/50#post-4526483

#5 10 months ago

Mine looked EXACTLY like that when I got it. In fact, when I saw your photo, I thought "how did this guy get access to my google photos?" LOL
I think, and this was a while ago, the bulbs were the l wrong ones under the mask. Luckily for me, with the machine came a box of parts; including a brand new mask.

#6 10 months ago

Lucky you haha. I'll see what I can do with it, crazy it looks like that though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waxahachie, TX
Machine - For Sale
Patchogue, NY
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sargeant, MN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside