3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2021-02-16 160108 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Does holding down the flipper button show a "Status Report" for anyone?
I don't see anything different on the display when I hold down the button.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 160108 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-02-16 160108 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I don’t think that’s the original apron. Pinbot doesn’t have lanes that change either iirc- do the inlanes/outlanes have lights than can be switched with the flippers ?

EDIT: The lanes can be switched according to the rules sheet at IPDB: “ LANES
The two outlanes, obviously, drain the ball.

The left inlane will light the Advance Planet target, while the right inlane will light the Upper Lock.

When an extra ball is lit, it can be collected through one of the lit lanes. The lights can be cycled with the flippers.”

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don’t think that’s the original apron. Pinbot doesn’t have lanes that change either iirc- do the inlanes/outlanes have lights than can be switched with the flippers ?

It definitely is used to cycle the free ball light through each lane.

1 week later
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don’t think that’s the original apron.

This is a photo of the original Williams promo materials. So I'm pretty sure it's the original apron.

#5 3 years ago

I usually hold the left one in and press the right one to scroll through the lists. IIRC pinbot lists current solar value, replay levels, high score to dates, # of extra balls, energy value, vortex multiplier.

It takes a bit of time for the first status display to show, once you get status, you can scroll through the options faster with the right flipper. Test your flipper switches in switch test (or in high score entry, or when the extra ball is lit)

2 weeks later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I usually hold the left one in and press the right one to scroll through the lists. IIRC pinbot lists current solar value, replay levels, high score to dates, # of extra balls, energy value, vortex multiplier.

That's how the status report works in the PEMBOT home ROM. With the original Pin Bot code you cannot scroll through the list with the 2nd flipper button (you'll just have to wait), and the number of extra balls is not displayed, either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-hold-flipper-button-for-status-report?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.