Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by thestreetzking
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pinbot.JPG
SDC10458.JPG
SDC10426.JPG
SDC10430.JPG
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I don't particularly like LEDs in GIs to be non-white, but Pin*bot has that blue/red color scheme and I wanted to reflect that. So I did cointaker cool white frosted on the left side and warm white frosted on the right side. I think it looks really good. Can't wait until next paycheck when I can order the rest of the insert LEDs. Let me know what you guys think.

image.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Cool white fo sho

#3 5 years ago

Hey, that's a good approach! Definitely better than monochrome colorizing it with blues & reds!

#4 5 years ago

i find pics don't really do leds justice. video is the only way to show them. great thing about leds is you can change/replace any of them at anytime to a different color or for brightness. nice hard work there

#5 5 years ago

I'm going to do the red/blue thing with mine too, but I'm just going to use regular colored incandescents because I like how they look and they're cheap. I ordered LEDs for the inserts. I'll take pictures when I'm done.

#6 5 years ago

I've done red's and blue's on the last few Pinbots at the customers request. Used cool white in the backbox GI and color matched the name and the feature lights.

SDC10430.JPG SDC10426.JPG SDC10458.JPG

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

cool white in the backbox GI and color matched the name and the feature lights.

Saw one set up like this last week. It was OK and the owner loves it that way, but not my thing.

#8 5 years ago

Love it!

One thing I like to do on the older pins to get rid of the 60Hz GI flicker when converting to LEDs is to rectify the GI voltage. Usually only minor rewiring is needed to get the polarity correct.

#9 5 years ago

Pinbot looks fantastic with LEDs in the GI. I used mostly Cointaker cool white frosted LEDs, with a few reds and blues scattered about. All the inserts are Ablaze Ghost Busters ...

Pinbot.JPG

#10 5 years ago

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I was wrong. The colored incandescents look good but aren't bright enough, so I guess I'll be placing a Cointaker order soon. I did all the inserts with LEDs though, and those look good.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Pinbot looks fantastic with LEDs in the GI. I used mostly Cointaker cool white frosted LEDs, with a few reds and blues scattered about. All the inserts are Ablaze Ghost Busters ...

Why not cointakers for the inserts? Don't they have premium anti ghosting bulbs?

Also, anyone know anything about the wide angle LEDs Marco sells? Any good?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why not cointakers for the inserts?

IMHO, they are too bright for this game. If it's a really bright playfield, then Cointakers are great. On darker playfields, I always use Ghost Busters. For example, I just swapped out all the bulbs in my SC for LEDs, and Ghost Busters were perfect. CT Premiums would have been blinding. My IM, on the other hand, has a ton of the premiums, and they look great.

2 months later
#13 5 years ago

Wow! Looks great . I have pin bot that I would love to led. Wish you guys would post bulb list used . That would take a lot of the guess work out and sure make things easier

#14 5 years ago

@gweempose. that pinbot looks great!!!

4 months later
#15 5 years ago

sorry for the bump but gweempose, that looks amazing and I would love to recreate that. Any chance you have a list?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Sale Pending!
Nashville, TN
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 59.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside