• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1a61237d7ce2d67ce05574eddfc065e2a1ba591d (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

to all system 11 guru's
I have a williams PinBot system 11 and i have noticed my general illumination lights are not working and I have replaced the fuse just under the relay on my power supply board with a 5 amp fuse then I turn on the power and after about 30 seconds it blows.
My question is do i have to low amperage fuse is so what should it be

#2 5 years ago

Do you have a manual ? If not you can download it from here.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

Then you know if it's the right fuse or you have a bad bulb, socket, short, going on.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

yes I have the manual but where the fuse is theirs just a line with no value to it

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottSchowiak:

but where the fuse is theirs just a line with no value to it

Do the schematics have it ?

#5 5 years ago

I see at 3J8 plug with 8 wires from it and 4 of them are fused but i don't see a fuse before the relay
on page 58 it shows the power supply with six fuses and on my power supply there is seven fuses the one im looking for is just below the relay and on page 58 it just shows a line with no value

#6 5 years ago

i don't see a fuse before the relay

Hopefully someone with a game can check for you.

#7 5 years ago

I see at 3J8 plug with 8 wires from it and 4 of them are fused but i don't see a fuse before the relay
on page 58 it shows the power supply with six fuses and on my power supply there is seven fuses the one im looking for is just below the relay and on page 58 it just shows a line with no value

There is no fuse before the relay. Typically, the GI on Pinbot has four fuses, branched after the power supply. All four of them would have to be blown to have absolutely no GI....assuming you have the D-8345 power supply, there is usually a large gauge jumper wire below the relay on the bottom right instead of a fuse. A standard 5A fuse would probably blow there...it should at least be a time delay (slow blow) fuse - and probably a bit more than 5A, since EACH branch is fused for 5A and current is additive (Kirchoffs Law) - then there could be potentially as much 20 amps going through that single main fuse!
That said, If it were me, I would make sure the 4 GI branch fuses are 5A S.B., replace the "main" GI fuse holder under the relay by removing the fuse clips and replacing it with a short length of 18g wire.

1a61237d7ce2d67ce05574eddfc065e2a1ba591d (resized).jpg1a61237d7ce2d67ce05574eddfc065e2a1ba591d (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

all the 4 GI branch fuses are 5A S.B and it now looks like it may have been put in by somebody before me
Thanks Wayout440
i will be removing the fuse holder soon
thanks for the help and knowledge

#9 5 years ago

Older versions of that power supply used one 20a fuse mounted on the power supply for all the gi (system 7). Newer versions of that power supply had a jumper wire where the fuse was, and now each gi string is fused at 5a individually on a fuse block mounted in the backbox (system 9 and 11).

I would guess that a previous owner swapped out power supplies. Thankfully after swapping 'forward' in generations, the gi is still fused. But if you swapped 'backwards', the gi wouldn't be fused at all!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Older versions of that power supply used one 20a fuse mounted on the power supply for all the gi (system 7).

For anyone having trouble with the GI. Jump across the fuse or try a different one.

I had one driving me nuts. Finally figured out that even though the fuse tested good out of the game. Once current hit it, it opened up.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I would guess that a previous owner swapped out power supplies.

gutz is spot on here. Someone put a older P/S in your Pinbot, just install a 20 amp slow blow fuse and all will good.

#12 5 years ago

Thank you Guys and thanks to all now it makes sense and just to be clear I have a system 7 board in my system 11 machine and I’m going to put a 20 SB fuse in it
If I find a system 7 diagram it should show the fuse
Thanks to everybody including pinside for the help
Next month a shall make a donation because it’s WORTH it

#13 5 years ago

Hope it is okay to piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one with the same title. My left side pinbot GI lights all went out for no reason. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For anyone having trouble with the GI. Jump across the fuse or try a different one.
I had one driving me nuts. Finally figured out that even though the fuse tested good out of the game. Once current hit it, it opened up.

I tried jumping to no avail. Reseated the gi connector too.

#15 5 years ago

Fixed. Cold solder joint at fuse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-general-illumination and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.