• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ivan1496
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey Pinsiders!,

I have a pinbot that is doing some weird stuff...The helmet does not cycle in attract mode. When activating the helmet in gameplay every solenoid fires almost as if it's quickly looking for a ball. The rest of the game works fine, but once the helmet is engaged the thing freaks out.

This issue is present is 2 different MPUS. I and the relay board has been changed. I'm stumped...

#2 3 years ago

Did the problem happen suddenly or did you receive the game in this condition?

Have you verified all the other coils and switches work properly in diagnostics?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Have you verified all the other coils and switches work properly in diagnostics?

I second this - What happens when you highlight the visor motor (test #13) during the coil test? Does it do the same thing?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I second this - What happens when you highlight the visor motor (test #13) during the coil test? Does it do the same thing?

In the coil test all other coils work except the motor. The motor does nothing in the test when engaged. None of the other coils activate in test mode when motor is tested.

#5 3 years ago

I had this problem or something like it years ago. I attributed it to a problem motor. I put a capacitor across the connector and that seem to solve the issue for me. It was a large disc cap that I used. It may have been 1uf or .1 I really don’t remember. The game was sold shortly after the repair so I don’t know if it was reliable over time. I’m not sure if there supposed to be one there. Mine didn’t have one. If you do then I suggest replacing it.

Under the playfield the motor has a molex connector. You could experiment with a cap across there pretty easy without modifying anything. Use caution if you try an electrolytic cap. Polarity is important if it’s a dc motor. I think it’s an ac motor but don’t remember.

Good luck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-freaks-out-when-helmet-is-engaged-issue-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.