Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-13[1] (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
20200116_224158 (resized).jpg
20200116_224212 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello pinsider,

I hope someone can help me figure this out. The topper flashers of my pinbot arent working. Two flashers on the playfield wont work as well. Its the flasher left next to the vizor and the right slingshot flasher. I checked all the relay boards and replaced what needed to be replaced. Checked all transistors on the mpu, no problems. I reflowed all the snubber boards but still no go. Hoping that someone here could point me in the right way.
Thank you for your answers.
Kind regards, kevin.
20200116_224158 (resized).jpg20200116_224158 (resized).jpg20200116_224212 (resized).jpg20200116_224212 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Not sure what you mean by snubber boards - are you talking about the boards with the warming resistors? I've seen those resistors open or melt the solder and fall out. Check those resistors.

#3 4 years ago

This is a resistor board. The left 2 resistors controls one pair of flash bulbs. The right 2 resistors control a different pair of bulbs. Check the larger resistors with an ohm meter, they should read @5 ohms.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the answeres and sorry for the confusion, what i did so far: checked all resistor boards and replaced what needed to. The a/c relayboards (snubber) where resolderd. Check on all restistor boards and relayboards for lose wires. Replaced all the flashers bulbs with new ones #89 and 4x #1251. Checked all tip transistors on the MPU no problems. Cant find the problem?

#5 4 years ago

There are 8 1251 bulbs in this game.

#6 4 years ago

Do you have a voltmeter?

#7 4 years ago

8 x 1251?? Yes i have got a voltmeter.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from kevin76:

The topper flashers of my pinbot arent working.

We can start with these. The resistor boards for the topper are right below the topper in the backbox. If you put your voltmeter on DC voltage and place the black lead on the ground terminal of the resistor board and the red lead on the lamp terminal you should read @ 28 volts DC. This tells you that there is power and the bulbs are good. Then move the red lead to the driver terminal and you should read voltage again. This tells you that the large resistor is good. Do this to both sides of each resistor board in the backbox. Let me know what you find.

image-13[1] (resized).jpgimage-13[1] (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

Ill try that and come back on this asap! Thank you.

#11 4 years ago

Grumpy to the rescue again!

#12 4 years ago

Fixed the topper lights thx grumpy! Now the only one that needs fixing is the flasher left of the vizor on the playfield. Does someone know the corresponding resistorboard?
Thanks for all the help.

#13 4 years ago

I think that is #7 flasher. Look under the play field below the lamp for a resistor board with a white/violet wire on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-flasher-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.