Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-13[1] (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
20200116_224158 (resized).jpg
20200116_224212 (resized).jpg

#1 36 days ago

Hello pinsider,

I hope someone can help me figure this out. The topper flashers of my pinbot arent working. Two flashers on the playfield wont work as well. Its the flasher left next to the vizor and the right slingshot flasher. I checked all the relay boards and replaced what needed to be replaced. Checked all transistors on the mpu, no problems. I reflowed all the snubber boards but still no go. Hoping that someone here could point me in the right way.
Thank you for your answers.
Kind regards, kevin.
20200116_224158 (resized).jpg20200116_224212 (resized).jpg

#2 36 days ago

Not sure what you mean by snubber boards - are you talking about the boards with the warming resistors? I've seen those resistors open or melt the solder and fall out. Check those resistors.

#3 36 days ago

This is a resistor board. The left 2 resistors controls one pair of flash bulbs. The right 2 resistors control a different pair of bulbs. Check the larger resistors with an ohm meter, they should read @5 ohms.

detail (resized).jpg
#4 36 days ago

Thanks for the answeres and sorry for the confusion, what i did so far: checked all resistor boards and replaced what needed to. The a/c relayboards (snubber) where resolderd. Check on all restistor boards and relayboards for lose wires. Replaced all the flashers bulbs with new ones #89 and 4x #1251. Checked all tip transistors on the MPU no problems. Cant find the problem?

#5 35 days ago

There are 8 1251 bulbs in this game.

#6 35 days ago

Do you have a voltmeter?

#7 35 days ago

8 x 1251?? Yes i have got a voltmeter.

#9 35 days ago
Quoted from kevin76:

The topper flashers of my pinbot arent working.

We can start with these. The resistor boards for the topper are right below the topper in the backbox. If you put your voltmeter on DC voltage and place the black lead on the ground terminal of the resistor board and the red lead on the lamp terminal you should read @ 28 volts DC. This tells you that there is power and the bulbs are good. Then move the red lead to the driver terminal and you should read voltage again. This tells you that the large resistor is good. Do this to both sides of each resistor board in the backbox. Let me know what you find.

image-13[1] (resized).jpg
#10 35 days ago

Ill try that and come back on this asap! Thank you.

#11 35 days ago

Grumpy to the rescue again!

#12 31 days ago

Fixed the topper lights thx grumpy! Now the only one that needs fixing is the flasher left of the vizor on the playfield. Does someone know the corresponding resistorboard?
Thanks for all the help.

#13 31 days ago

I think that is #7 flasher. Look under the play field below the lamp for a resistor board with a white/violet wire on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside