Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

145406.jpg
145484.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

The sun, the pop lights, and the two flashers on the left by the ramp are always on

Yes they're LED, but the incandescent's were doing the same thing before they were changed out.

This will happen if you have not removed the warming resistors from the flash circuit.

But...with flasher LEDs you still may need to make an additional mod:

The warming resistors pass a little current through the circuit
all the time. But LEDs only take a little current to get running so they
appear on all the time. By removing them, you are killing the warming
circuit as desired.

However, you still need a little resistance in the circuit for the circuit
to work. The LED bulb alone is too high of a resistance to cause the
circuit to work... so you have to put the 100ohm or 1k ohm across the LED
terminal to make the circuit work complete."

#10 8 years ago

So with incandescent flashers in, it is still doing the same thing, and failing during the same tests. Are the warming resistors the ones on the Flash Lamp boards?

Hmmm. OK appears not because of the LED flashers then.

I just noticed a possible clue.

You said the flashers are coming on with the A/C relay selected. You also said you replaced the snubber boards and flash lamp boards. What I have noticed in your last post is you say the lights are coming on when the coil test enables the A/C relay. Nothing visual should happen here, all that should happen is that you hear a click of the A/C relay in the cabinet.

When the relay clicks, It puts power on "C" for the flashers. In test mode, the flashers should not be coming on, because the transistors should be off. In coil test, too...when those coil tests are run, the A/C should be on the "A" side for the coil only when the solenoids are fired. Somehow, the flashers are also simultaneously getting power.

I'd be taking a closer look at the A/C relay board. (miswired? shorted?)

145484.jpg145484.jpg

#14 8 years ago

Just noticed this, but how many of the snubber boards are suppose to have G and power jumpered? In one of my previous posts, I noticed the jumper was on solenoid 12, and this one is solenoid 14. I think I'm missing pages in my manual as I don't see the snubbers listed, or the drawings for them. This could also be part of my issue.

Only the A/C relay board. It is wired this way as a power selector. If you look at the diagram above in the thread, the tab labeled ground is connected to the common points on the relay terminals. This way when Q7 goes low and makes conduction through the relay coil, it routes power through the other set of contacts.

The snubber boards are typically wired this way, allowing a drive transistor to control a higher power coil. In this case, the ground labeled tab is actually connected to ground. They could have made a second silkscreen for when the board is used as an A/C relay configuration, but it wasn't that important.

145406.jpg145406.jpg

#18 8 years ago

Would that be from the snubber or the flasher board? I would prefer the LED's for sure.

The ground side of the 330 ohm resistor on the flasher boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-flasher-issue?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.