20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippydapinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Here's a few pics of mine.
IMG_0429.jpgIMG_0429.jpg
^^This pic was right when I got it (freshly repaired battery corosion) ^^
IMG_0420 (2).jpgIMG_0420 (2).jpg
IMG_0418.jpgIMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0431.jpgIMG_0431.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Some apron cards.
Apron card flat  FP.jpgApron card flat FP.jpg

#15 10 years ago

Apron, poem and t-shirt signed by Python

(Yeah, I love Pin*Bot. Guess I'm in the club)

shirt-1.jpgshirt-1.jpg
shirt-2.jpgshirt-2.jpg
pinbot.jpgpinbot.jpg
IMG_0160.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

#17 10 years ago

Seems like a good spot to put my pinbot story.
As a kid, playing pinbot on location, I hated it. I cursed it as a drain monster, but played it anyway. Always very quick games (damn outlanes!) Years later my daughter saw a pinball machine in an open garage door when we were driving by and I made a mental note. About a week later was driving by and caught a glimpse of a pin in there with a distincive red topper. Said what the hell, did a turn around and went over. Was a couple Harleys in driveway and a few bikers hanging out, introduced myself and looked her over. After about a weeks worth of back and forthing worked out a deal. He got this from his dad who had it in the house the whole time he was growing up. Not a HUO as it has lockbar holes, but probably pretty close. Translight 9 at least, playfield factory mylared and dirty as hell but no wear at all other than decals peeling a bit. All plastics intact and nice. No cab fade at all, a few little dings and smudges but very minor. Intact topper! Rubbers were rotted, balls rusty, most lights and all flashers out and over all filthy, other than that seemed to work 100% with the exception of one switch on the vortex ramp. He had no idea the backbox even opened and had NEVER changed the batteries. A bit of green on the contacts but boards were clean and number matching originals. Looks like one resistor may have been replaced at one point, but properly done. All in all a nice score.
I picked it up with the intention of restoring it and using it as trade bait for another pin. However, in the course of fixing it up and playing it, discovered the magic that is Pinbot. The first time reaching the sun and seeing the special light lit was awesome. As was the first time hearing "Million activated" Had a couple of EPIC games where I actually flipped the score counter over. I am a convert now and it's a definate keeper. Pin*Bot rules!

flipped.jpgflipped.jpg

#19 10 years ago

This thread got the pinbot bug in me so just kicked it's ass. Love hearing "We control the universe".

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Saved my pinbot from going to the dump

Nice work there!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

That T-Shirt is hella awesome!

I got the shirt from Pinsider MattG who had a bunch of cool shirt designs for sale for about an hour before he pulled them for copyright/licensing reasons. I ordered before they were pulled and got the only one made. Its a one of a kind. Showed it to Python and he loved the humor of it and was happy to endorse it with his sig. Cool guy.

3 months later
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Looks like I'll have to find another, then

one of us
one of us
one of us

#87 10 years ago

Bump for Python

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/python-anghelos-last-public-speech-ever-will-be-tomorrow-in-louisville

PinBot

I am your pinball game, I'm PinBot.
Your wit is my computer software.
Your fingers my mechanical design.

But your imagination I have not -
To you the spheres of my cosmic playfield;
Planets, Pinballs are the same.

I am a giant, cosmic robot.
A masterpiece of magic and high tech;
But human I am not!

So, on your sapien skills and temper rests
The conquest of the solar system.
As well as my existence.

-Python

2 weeks later
#116 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Instead of spending big money on new displays couldn't you just buy a blue and a red theater lighting gel like the ones in the link and cut to size and put over your displays to change the color. I put a red gel on the dmd on my T2 pin and it looks good.

I used to use these for photo lighting effects, will have to dig them out and give it a go. Will post pics when I get to it.

1 month later
#161 9 years ago

Sweet, look what my pinbot gets...

IMG_0066.jpgIMG_0066.jpg

I had bought a black JackBot ramp as I couldn't find a red PinBot one anywhere, then I got lucky on Ebay and there it was one day. Anyway I just put the black one on Ebay if anyone is interested.

ebay.com link: itm

IMG_0067.jpgIMG_0067.jpg

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Apologies if this has been posted before. Planetary has vortex ramp in stock.

They must have just gotten those in fairly recently, as they were out of stock everywhere a few months back when I was looking and ended up getting the JackBot ramp instead.
homer-doh.jpghomer-doh.jpg

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Someone semi local to myself has been making and selling a v2.0? Red vortex ramp if people are still in need. This guy claims that his is made out of a new material and will not break. Seller is specialtyplastics1 on Ebay. Here is a link to his last auction. I would assume that means he will be listing another here soon.

That's the auction I got mine from.

7 months later
#356 9 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Speaking of that target bank, where can I find replacement targets??

Hard to find them in the right colors. Someone posted this somewhere back in this thread...

Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Here's the only in-stock option I've been able to find...Looks like it would work, but you have to order from NORWAY:

http://www.parts4pinballs.com/sw-1a-174-1/square-target-face-assy-blue/

If you find somewhere better post the link here please!

#357 9 years ago

Finally got around to slapping on my decal from Pinball_Customs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-pinbot-target-bank-decal

before.jpgbefore.jpg
after.jpgafter.jpg

2 weeks later
#382 9 years ago

Anyone have a spare visor plastic?
352860.jpg352860.jpg

Seriously, they should have done a run of just these.

3 weeks later
#432 9 years ago

Anybody else having a miserable time trying to get all the chest plate lamps to light up? I ordered half a dozen new lamp plugs from Marco and they don't even seat correctly. Tried swapping the light that was out with one of the others, it didn't work, put it back, now I've got 2 lamps that won't light. Afraid to go any further with it. THIS IS MADDENING.

Quoted from calvin12:

Led or incandescent?

sounds like you have the polarity reversed on LED's perhaps? pull it out and put it back in the other way and try it.

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

That's why I asked.

Just thought i'd make it more clear.

Well, I feel dumb now. Learn something new every day...

No need to feel dumb, we've all been there. First time I ran into that, got frustrated pretty quick.

#439 9 years ago

Art at Comet has some flashers that work in those 1251 spots, I put them in my SOF with no problems, have not tried them in PinBot yet. They are not on his site but just buzz him and he'll hook you up

#442 9 years ago

Hmm, the ones I got from him have not burned out yet, since they are flashers they are not on a whole lot. Having them in a spot where they were constantly on I can see them going out quickly.

1 week later
#454 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Is Naptha still available in some areas? It's been pulled in California for a few years now. I loved that stuff!

I think zippo lighter fluid is pretty much just naptha if you can find that.

4 weeks later
#503 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is a problem I can't fix: The section of the ramp directly behind the top hole is too narrow, and the ball gets stuck. There is no way this ball can pass this area, no matter how hard it is plunged. Comparing it to the original ramp, it is at least an 1/8" narrower.

Might be able to carefully re-shape that with a heat gun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippydapinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=zippydapinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.