20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizbangdoodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5296 1 year ago

Electrolytics dry out. Replacing it is good practice.

1 month later
#5348 1 year ago

107 pages, I'm late to the party!

I haven't had my Pinbot long, but I love it, play every day. Had it about 3 months now. Found it right here on Pinside.

I have noticed 2 glitches with my machine. #1, randomly the background music will stop. Once the ball drains and a new ball is put into play, the music starts again.

#2, the solar value switch will occasionally not work. I have tested this several times and every time I test it, it works 100%. I've run diagnostics on it, had a game going and run the ball over the switch and it works 100%. Then, I'll play a game and It won't work for a few times, then not and then it works again. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

#1 could reseat connectors dealing with the sound (not sure without looking them up)
#2 replace the switch

Thanks, will do exactly that.

5 months later
#5609 1 year ago

I'm having a heck of a time finding switches for my Pinbot. Specifically SW-1A-164 for the entrance and exit to the ramp. Searched a lot of sites (Marco, Action Pinball etc.) Nobody has them in stock. Can someone direct me to a supply or solution? I thought about trying to just get the reeds and building my own. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#5624 1 year ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I find Pinball Resource has lots of parts not available elsewhere. You should give them a call or send them an email. You cannot search their website or order online. But they have never let me down.
///Rich

Quoted from sethbenjamin:

The magnet switches by M&M Creations are a much more elegant solution than those factory switch stacks, especially if you use one of Freeplay 40’s translucent ramps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Quoted from sethbenjamin:

The magnet switches by M&M Creations are a much more elegant solution than those factory switch stacks, especially if you use one of Freeplay 40’s translucent ramps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Quoted from waletboy:

I ordered MRS switches as well for my ramp and love them. I do have the old switches if you are interested in them. I will probably never use them again but I do not have the brackets for the switches.

Thanks guys, all good info. Now to search for some plastics.

1 month later
#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's the large plastic that hangs over the blue ramp and visor. It's supposed to be covered with a decal, like this.
[quoted image]

And to tag along on this...how do you get the 3 screws out that hold that down? Mine just spin and spin. Could not find a nut on the backside. Are they machine threads or wood screws? I really need to get this off because there is a dead spot on my ramp and if I hit the ball up there soft enough, it gets stuck.

1 month later
#5778 1 year ago

Ok, wondering if anyone else has experienced this phenomena.

I had gotten to the point that on launch, I could hit the 100,000 hole on the corkscrew ramp about 95% of the time. Lately, the ball has been acting different on launch. Sometimes it will act as if it gets slowed down as it hits the ramp (or shortly before). When I try to compensate for that, it flies up to the 20,000 hole.
What it comes down to is, it's not consistent. Months ago, it was great. Now, I can get it to the 100,000 hole about 30-40% of the time. Any ideas?

#5781 1 year ago

Great suggestions, will check on those things this weekend.

#5792 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Add a metal wire ball guide to the left inside travel path just above the top bumper assembly
area. The ball can nick the outside wall of the plastic spiral.

Awesome. This has got to be it. Sometimes it will travel perfectly and smoothly up the ramp, but I'll bet it hits and deflects at times, causing it to slow down.
Is there a guide for making this? Or do I just freehand it?

#5800 12 months ago

I've had the ball get stuck in several spots on my machine, but never like this. Anyone ever have it stop here?

20230425_214230 (resized).jpg20230425_214230 (resized).jpg
#5809 11 months ago

It would be nice to have a template for the holes. Are there any measurements to locate the holes? Or do you just eyeball it and hope it's right?

#5811 11 months ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Would definitely want to have the Vortex ramp in place, along with the 3 posts and rubber in order to mark the upper hole. Get the top of the guide rail in place at the edge of the Vortex base so that the ball can't hit it. Then maybe rotate the bottom leg as needed to find the best angle for a smooth guide path for the ball? I would imagine every machine would be a little different. That's why the skill shot is so inconsistent across different machines in the first place.

I would agree. The only thing you'd want the ball to contact would be the apex of the guide, I'm guessing. I just don't want to make it worse than it is.

1 month later
#5858 10 months ago

I think I just had a flipper coil die on me. Checking coil between right and left flippers and there is a difference. The issue I'm having is, the parts book calls for an FL-23/600-30/2600. There are 2 different coils in there now, an FL-11629/50V on the right and an FL-11630-50V on the left. These coils also have 2 diodes each instead of 1 that I see in the drawings and on order sites. Can someone explain what I might have going on here and what I need to do to get the right part? TIA.

#5862 10 months ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Someone upgraded your game with newer style coils. This type of coil make the EOS switch last longer. I would keep them in there. The FL-11630 coil is the correct replacement power for the FL-23/600-30/2600 coil.

Thanks for the info. Trying to keep up with upgrades and tweaks can be daunting.

#5863 9 months ago

Replaced the coil and it's back to normal. Measured resistance on the old coil and found 7 ohms where I should have 4.7 according to charts I checked. In retrospect, this makes sense. When checking the bad coil, if I "helped" it, it would work. When pushing the flipper button, I could see it trying to move.

Thanks again for the help with this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizbangdoodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=wizbangdoodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.